Just received an 02…pics inside :-)

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Hi all,

I’ve just received the new Iwaver 02. First impressions are excellent 🙂

The quality has improved loads, the chassis seems allot smoother running than the 01 with allot better control, the suspension seems a little sticky at first but the graphite trick works great!

In the box there’s lot’s of little spares, springs, pinions and tools etc

The new transmitter is awesome too, loads of features to mess with, and real easy use.

The 10 model memory is a great feature, I have it set up for the Iwaver 01, 02, HPI pro4 and my FG Marder.

It works great with all of them no problem.

It has Servo end point adjustment, Digital trim, Dual rate steering, Throttle ATL, Servo reverse and ABS.

The display is nice and clear and shows a constant monitor of the battery voltage, and gives you and audible warning when the voltage drops below 8.5V

One little problem is that the blue LED on the controller is so bright!! But nothing a big thumb or bit of tape can’t sort out.

It all comes in nicely designed box with 2 manuals, one for the car and one for the transmitter.

All in all an awesome package for the money, well worth every penny IMO.

I’m just about to order an 04 and more crystals for my other RC’s to make more use of the 10 model memory 😀

Here’s some pics…..

Cheers

Mat

micro_Amps
      Participant

Cool, looks like a good package, nice pics and review too, thanks.
      Did you mention an FG marder, can you post a couple of pics of that too (in the non mini section of course). I’ve had my eye on one of those for a while. I’d love to hear your thoughts on that one. Know of any reveiw sites?
      Certainly not micro.

Admin
      Participant

Hi micro_Amps,

Glad ya like the review, the Iwaver is an awesome package for the money:D

With regards to the FG, I’ll try and post some pics and info 2moz.

But for now there is a great forum at….

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_234/tt.htm

You’ll find tons of info, pics and a few vids there:smiley2:

mat

Seatbelt
      Participant

Where did you buy it Mat? And for how much?

icebreaka
      Participant

I’m guessing he got it from http://www.toyeast.com

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Where did you buy it Mat? And for how much?

Hey Seatbelt, icebreaka was right:) i did get it from toyeast for $49.90:D
      Never had any probs dealing with them and they have fast shiping.

There’s also eBay

Hope this helps

Mat

Z-Nagual
      Participant

Is the Iwaver 02 better than a Mini-z mr02?
      My mini-z mro1 is officially dead and I was going to get an mro2 mini-z. Is the Iwaver basically the same? what brand is it? Do they have the same size bearings etc? If its the same and is only $50 for the lot, It wins hands down.:smiley16:

snailpace
      Participant

A stock Iwaver 02 is not better than Mini-z mr02 in terms of quality of fitting and plastics. In dollars terms a RTR Iwaver 02 is much cheaper than the Mini-z mr02. The money you save on the Iwaver 02 and spent on modifications/hop up bits, it will be a better machine.

One thing you have to note is that the braking on the Mini-z mr02 is true braking, in that when going full throttle and slamming in reverse the car will come to a complete stop with minimum skidding. With the Iwaver 02 the so called braking merely taps on the brakes for short while. During slow speeds you will stop but during high speeds the car will jerk and you will continue to coast (most likely at the same high speed and into a wall!).

Iwaver 02 is good if you want a cheap unit, Mini-z mr02 is good if you want quality out of the box and true braking function.

Z-Nagual
      Participant

Cheers for the info. I want the mz 02 but I’ll probably crash it into a wall and break it anyway.blackeye: Iw 02 is a very tempting option I must say.

peteWah
      Participant

It has a active servo saver also guys Its like a LLx to a Bit charge, If you know what i mean… But major improvements have been done since the original Iwaver 01 came out, But they will never, In my opinion have the Quality of the Kyosho stuff…

Trying the ausmicro shop Would be worth your while,
      Aaron can get you a decent price on both Iwaver stuff and also Kyosho Readysets of both 01 and 02 for a decent price aswell…
      And later down the track there might be a Toyeast Group buy, Which is also done through ausmicro, That can save you money if your after Iwaver stuff, and other stuff.

[ PLUG PLUG PLUG ]

Have fun…:smiley2::smiley2::smiley2:

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.