K.I.T. SUPER HEATSINK

Home Forums General Chat K.I.T. SUPER HEATSINK

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

what is the super heatsink? is it a option part or is it in a k.i.t. racer car set? post some pics if you have 1 or links.

Impreza
      Participant

Same question from me?

Admin
      Participant

hey impreza whare at in canada are you? im lookin for people close to me im in michigan about 20 min from windsor. well im goin right now ta look at some K.I.T. racers and see if the heat sing is diff in any of um so i’ll let you know within the hour

Admin
      Participant

theres 3 heat sinks stock hs-2 black for displaceing heat hs3 and curved hs-5 also thers hs4 alum. and hs-4 blue coded. i picked black becouse black dissplaces heat better.

GT-ahh
      Participant

but isnt aluminium is a better conductor of heat so it draws more away?

Admin
      Participant

but black displaces heat better all that alu. 1 will do is get warm and keep the heat unless air is moveing over it

Admin
      Participant

No you are wrong, black absorbs heat from light. Not from conduction. The alloy heatsink would be the best, but it don’t matter cause the motors hardly dissapate any heat.

Admin
      Participant

but black draws heat to it. all the cans on the rc car eng. are black well on the good engs.

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by GT-ahh on 07November2002

but isnt aluminium is a better conductor of heat so it draws more away?

Aluminium heatsink is only an option item like the b3.0, cannot be found in any KIT/BR kit.

You’d want it only for the weight savings.

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by lancer_evo on 07November2002

…all the cans on the rc car eng. are black well on the good engs.

Really now…?

(digs out the RC box)

Green Machine… green. Orion… shiny chrome. P2k and Trinity D4… golden bronzey finish. Several other Kyoshos in Epic cans… all colours BUT black.

Geez, the last black can that came my way was a Yokomo stocker… yeah, dated 1992.

Whoopee doo! :smiley11:

Admin
      Participant

like it make that much of a diffrence how many times has your motor over heated ???? and if you want to save weight just butcher it and cut out any metal that dosent need to be there

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Lazboy on 07November2002

like it make that much of a diffrence how many times has your motor over heated ???? and if you want to save weight just butcher it and cut out any metal that dosent need to be there

Haha, save yourself the trouble…

The KITs come *standard* with 3 types of motor covers:-

• standard shiny silver, shape & holes just like BCG’s
      • black chrome, shape/weight like standard
      • skinny ‘bent’ one, no holes
      • [/list]

You can go find the last ‘skinny’ one from a KIT instead of cutting. (But I think it only comes in a KIT with a b2.2, so I didn’t buy that one.)

btw: The BCG heatsink steel is actually tough enough to dent your wirecutter pliers (don’t ask!) :smiley9:.

Admin
      Participant

ok i wanted the black 1 and i ordered the blue 1 ta make mt car look bad ass. i way over powered i can hull a lil extra weight

Impreza
      Participant

Sorry lancer, I’m out West.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.