Kenny’s 3-Batt-Bit! With photos.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Managed to mod my booster Skyline GTR to take 3 nimh batteries without too much trouble. Got the batteries from Questformadness and they are slightly shorter than std so everything fitted very easily. Put a Honda Accord body shell from my OEM regular bit and cut out its back window and it fit as if it was made for it.

Admin
      Participant

How fast is it? :smiley15:

Admin
      Participant

that kicks ass

Admin
      Participant

Well….when I hit the boost button, it instantly wipes out on a smooth floor. On carpet it will wheelie for a good metre or so before settling down or hitting something! Had to fit an anti wheelie bar at the back to control it. Its really quick….but not as controllable as my 2 battery Bit.

Admin
      Participant

im gonna set up a 2 nimh bit once questformadness gets some in stock

Admin
      Participant

Id really love to see how you layed out the 3 cells to fit in your bit… Im guessing one inside, one on top (rear window)and one outside (wheelie bar)? Man, that must be fun to run in a wide open space… 😉

Admin
      Participant

Deejay……Basically the arrangement goes…

One on the inside

Two cells hotglued and taped together tucked under the cut out rear window of the Accord shell. All the batteries fit neatly inside the shell which is a real bonus.

I cant post up any pics but I’ll email a couple to you.

Admin
      Participant

one more piccie…

Admin
      Participant

i just did the 3 battery mod man that thing flys what gear are you using anyways kenny??

Admin
      Participant

nice V-8 rear wheel drive mounted motor on a transvers mounted front wheeldriveV-6 Car!

Here’s a pic of that car in REAL LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only it’s a CRX instead of an accord, but still a honda.

face=Tahoma Bhttp://pongo.net/upload2/peterfaber/crx.jpg/B

Trackmaster
      Participant

Awesome man!

I really like your mods, they are totallyinspiring!

Admin
      Participant

FrankenBitG – well the gears are mixed…..dunno the terminology but the main gear is a green ‘un (8.25:1) and theaxlehas the orange 9.86:1 gear on.

Prabbit…nice pic of that mad CRX!

Admin
      Participant

hahaha. that is solid. i guess i’ll have to try the 3 batt booster asap. maybe i’ll do it to my yokomo also. b

ps. and the race for adope wheelie bar setup continues

Admin
      Participant

Kenny you should add another battery attached to the wheelie bar then when ur racing ur friends theyll be like haha all those battries add weight to ur car and make it go slow hahah then press hte booster button and be like “NOS!!!!” and POOF ur gone LOL race ur friends for PinkSlips and ull have an army of bits!!!!!!!! LOL i wanna do a dual battery mod i just dont noe how to do it. HELP!!

Admin
      Participant

TruenoCharG – do you think that these motors will go to 4.8V? Since doing the mod, I have transplanted the PCB from an OEM Regular Bit (Leyu I think) onto the power train and chassis on this Booster Bit. Although, I loose the Booster function, I get WAY more range. But I must say that this bit is for straight line work only…Dragster style. I have 3 x dual battery bits which are set up for racing…..one corners like nothing else and will flip on a smooth floor but on carpet it turns on a dime…literally. And one other is a drifter and I can get it to drift around most obstacles on smooth floor. The last one is an all rounder. So far, my drift-Bit is my favourite.

If you wanna do the dual battery bit, theres loads of tutorials out there. PRabbit and Bdrift did good ones and I have a 3 battery tutorial on BitCharG UK… http://www.blackadderhall.com/bitchar-g/

You can always follow that and use 2 cells instead of the 3. Easy really.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.