Kit Builder??

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      KingRX7
      Participant

I want to get a HPI RS4 Rally car but i am afraid to build it myself anyone know where i can have a pro build it for me(in usa) i will pay for it. And ill have everything needed to make it run with it controller,servos,esc,motor,battery.

VR-4
      Participant

well i made all the hpi’s and really theres nothing to fear there simple to do. if you want i can do it for you but really you need to make your first car becouse some day somthing going to go wrong and you take into a hobby shop and there gonna charge you for stuff you dont need.

the instructions for all hpi kits are really easy and all the bags are marked so heres some tips

when the directions say bag d-2 only oen bag d-2 then set all the parts out so you can see them.

if you have any screws touching metal use thredlock.

when you want to install your stering servo turn the hook up all the electronics and turn it on then install the servo this will center it for the car and after that you just fine tune the trim adj.

remember to not tighten the diff’d up to much “you want them nice and smooth but not so much as they slip”

same with the servo saver to tight and kiss your gears good by to loose and your stearing will suck.

the slipry clutch should be just tight enought to whare the car when holding it and the motor is at 100% throtle it slips so there no chance in striping a gear when you land off a jump.

to get the right gear mesh just put a normal peace of paper between the pinion and sput then tighten the motor down.

i live in michigan and i worked for riders hobby shop so if you need any help just e mail me at Toobadneil@aol.com and i’ll be happy to help you

but this is somthing i think you need to do foryour self hpi’s are easy to set up

if you need any help just e mail me or tell me any kind of messanger name and i’ll help you throught it i had a rs4 rs4 rally and its not a hard car to put togher.

just remember when you get it just take the instructions out and give them a gook lookthrough befor your open anything. some times you get some extra parts and hpi marks them really good in the instrutions that thhere optional parts.

if you live in lower michigan or upper ohio i might know some guys in your area that can help

KingRX7
      Participant

I think im going to get a Team Losi XXX-T i just want something i can run around our huge dirt yard and can go over jumps that i make hehe. Plus its cheaper than my rs4 rally set up. Have you heard anything about the XXX-T good or bad?

peedee
      Participant

its a very good rtr as it includes the jr XS-2 radio

VR-4
      Participant

xxxt is really nice but a bit harder to set up but just read the instrutions and everything will be ok. take your time to just bocouse i can make 1 in a hour dosent mean you can it might take you 8 hours

PandaBear
      Participant

Building your RC car is part of the fun & well worth the experience. Take your time, read the instructions carefully and do it step by step.

If you’re inexperienced, its also a good idea to buy it from a local store rather than mailorder/online. That way you have someone who can help if you get into any difficulties. Some even ask you to bring the built car back to them for checkover before you run it, its a worthwhile service.

peedee
      Participant

yea i enjoyed building my touring car but i got it finished and it rained so that was a bit a bummer but i agree with Pandabear building it is part of the fun and your more likely to know whats gone wrong if you buildit as you no wer everything is, it worth giving it a go

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.