Kitty s Baja!

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • Author
      KittyKatSmack
      Participant

Yes, blame Aaron and his Baja

I had one go on it and I was hooked.

So after ordering one, putting it together myself (too loose grub screw in pinion gear that I didn t find out until first run, which isn t a bad effort for a first timer!), covering myself and everything I own in PAINT… it is going really really really REALLY well…..

Here are a couple of pics, the second one is racing Aarons Baja.

I admit to pinching his left over paint so I simply reversed his colour scheme, but I did custom white striping on the roof and have a flat cat on my wing *wink*

Cheers!!!

kittysbaja.jpg

racingbaja.jpg

merc-blue
      Participant

how much them set u back im looking 2 join the world of 1:10 offroad

Keymaster

merc-blue, I think Kitty picked her’s up on Ebay for some crazy low price (USD60?). Stella Models is a good reputable Tamiya seller on ebay in my expereicne and that’s the direction I pointed the Kitty.

I paid about $180 for mine plus delivery from RadioModels in Perth.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

ph2t
      Participant

What did that $180 include aaron?

Keymaster

The raw kit and nothing else – I then added in a bearing kit, radcio gear and a shonky ESC I had laying about the place.

I really need to to dig the car out of the garage and give it a spruce up. I think a new ESC and a new motor is in order. Probably a new bearing set as well.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

VR-4
      Participant

im thinkin a trinty flat liner about a 12-14 turn and a ipc super sport esc

PandaBear
      Participant

Don’t get suckered in by the Trinity Marketing Machine now, will we? 🙂

VR-4
      Participant

i love the new flat liners. ok f it lets get a e max motor and 2 7 cell packs and a evx esc

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

id say something like a 19t motor would give you the best of all worlds.

PandaBear
      Participant

Kitty never said nuttin’ about needing to hopup her little buggy.

(ladies are probably too smart to get stuck into the neverending upgrade spiral…?)

magtec_racing
      Participant

19 turn is the typical stock motor now i say go to a 16 turn or maybe a 15 turn speed gems

PandaBear
      Participant

Like I said before, ladies are probably too smart to get stuck into the neverending upgrade spiral.

btw 19 turn is NOT a *STOCK* motor. Go read the ROAR rules.

magtec_racing
      Participant

im talking about rtr standards i know all the roat tules and 19 turn is now the new stock motor is and its just a matter of time befor they lower it to 19. and most clubs call box stock motors stock 🙂 so that makes the 19 turn stock in there eyes.

the baja is a farly cheeply made car so your not gonna be able to drop a 10 turn fantom in it without brakeing some stuff.

chances are shes driveing it on the street and gass every now and then and a 16 turn speed gem will give her some power in the gass. grass kills 19 turns

PandaBear
      Participant

Best stay off the grass, VR4. 🙂

Not a peep back from Kitty, yet everybody’s speculating what she wants in her own car. Now that I find that hilarious…

micro_Amps
      Participant

I’m sure shes watching…..and knows better than to get into this one.
      uA

PandaBear
      Participant

Ya, damned those women creatures. They’re too smart for us men
      even when MEN HAVE TWO BODY PARTS TO *THINK* WITH. What gives?? :dead:

magtec_racing
      Participant

grass is even hard on nitro motors but the stocker thats in the baja is enought for a girl lol im shure she aint into the speed that a handwound or a 13 turn would dish out

betty.k
      Participant

vr4, magtec racing. i was wondering if you had a comment regarding kitty’s cool little beastie, or do you just hit the “generate random response” button the whole time? i’m not familiar with any rc other than bits, so i’m totally lost with the direction you’re taking here. but i suspect you’re even losing hardened racers with your (woeful) subliminal advertising. how’s about you let kitty and the rest of us talk about her car, we’d like to hear about that, not how many factory wound, hand licked turbo turnbuckles she’s supposed to be buying!:8ball:

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

ok, time for a response….

I have been driving my car on gravel, grass, road… pretty much everywhere I have space to give it the throttle!

The only changes I did were bearings, ESC instead of mechanical that came with the kit, and some good lovin’ when putting it together!

Flatline speed isn’t necessarily the be all and end all when it comes to 1:10th anyway. I find the best fun I am having is coursework, and of course the donuts!

Future? Hmmm…. maybe a variety of rubber and some oil filled shocks.

That’s about it really.

Now if any of you come back with the “girl” comments, I will take you on!!
      On a course!

Sorry, but I don’t see a great deal of fun in flat line speed when the result is a spec in the distance that gets there too quickly to do decent turns anyway…..

Now, if we want to talk about hop up’s on the MiniZ, we can pop over to that thread a bit later on and I shall put up my looooooong list… maybe….. if I feel like it….. :smiley2:

More than happy to talk about the car though, coz I admit I am loving it, and wish I could be out playing with it more often than I do. It is my first 1:10th r/c and I couldn’t be happier! I can highly recommend it for novices like myself that want a bit of fun. The baja doesn’t mind the rough stuff and isn’t as restricted to road surface like the road cars are. I have flipped it, rolled it, crashed it, ditched it, you name it, especially while learning the limitations and cornering etc. Not having had a road car, I cant tell you how well they would have stood up to my usage, but the baja has done very well.

So far, zero cost for repairs or replacements. That is a big plus to me. Only one minor setback has stopped me enjoying the car, which was fixed as soon as I got home. And I didn’t need to pull the whole car down to fix it (thank goodness for that!)

Putting it together myself was a terrific learning experience too. I don’t think I would have been as happy or as proud if I had bought a preassembled. Certainly wouldn’t love the car as much.

It’s a crazy car, for a crazy Kat!
      Can’t wait to take it on the beach for some beach shots like Aaron got. What do you say Aaron? Race ya!!!

Cheers!

Racer9
      Participant

This is funny! BTW your cat is mesmerizing!

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

I always aim to entertain Racer9!

*does a tapdance and exits stage left!*

😀

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Gotta love the 1/10 buggies, i am thinking a 10-15 nitro 1/10 bugy would be nice, but electric is all i have ever owned.

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

nitro, seems to me anyway, so unsocial though….

no one likes the noise, except the person driving it….

and they are smelly….

ok, now bring on the girl comments, LOL!!

I deserve em now :smiley2:

z-beam
      Participant

i like your kat too, do you like my new wolf?

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

yes, I have seen your wolf … very menacing….

care to dance?

*grins*

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Us fellas are noisy and smelly too! So it doesn’t matter.

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

LOL@jamie!!

very nice!!!!

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

LOL@jamie!!

very nice!!!!

merc-blue
      Participant

how well do these things handle a real thrashing like being launched of gutters and such???

Keymaster

They seem to do OK – if you hit a solid object with a single wheel at speed then there’s a chance it’ll crack or break the chassis near where the suspension arms mount.

However that said mines been run into stocks of stuf and it’s still 100% OK…

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

merc-blue
      Participant

if i was to do that how much would the replacement chasssis be.. how expensive are parts??

PandaBear
      Participant

New TL01 chassis parts sprue is only about A$25.

If fully ballraced, TL01 is plenty bulletproof. If you don’t have full bearings, the kit plastic & bronze bushings will cause problems as they wear out.

merc-blue
      Participant

so ur telling me by bearings for it.. sounds good

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.