Knight Rider Mod

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

My dad and I have made a great mod to a bit char g. Its like the knight rider red light but its at the top of the windscreen, and this looks the dogs ********. It has to be seen to do it justice but I have mailed derek some pics and vids of it so hopefully he will put them an as soon as he gets time. We will be selling the kit at 9.99GBP or cheaper if you want to construct and solder the components your self as this takes alot of time even though there are only 8 components to solder but the board is very small and we use surface mount components. Sadly the board itself cannot be shown just yet as the final board is not decided on. Please feel free to ask questions that i havent covered or mail me if you like but use the forum so other people can see your questions and my answers.

This is a great forum though so keep up the fine work everybody.

Admin
      Participant

how much would that be us dollars? how hard is it to install?

ryan

Admin
      Participant

rye256,

Even if you have some experience with soldering, surface-mount can be very tricky–just so you know.

Admin
      Participant

Our MOD MAD friend has sent me some photos and videos (VERY COOL!) to host.

I will upload tonight when I get home – bit difficult from behind the company firewall where I am at the moment

GPB8-10 would be a fair price IMHO (as long as postage etc wasn’t too exxy). SMC soldering is a BITCH to do unless you have the right gear and the hands-on experience working with SMCs.

Fantastic work, MOD MAD! I’m sure you’ll get a number of ‘thumbs-up’ once people see the photos and videos!!

Thanks

Derek

Admin
      Participant

Postage shouldnt be too much and at the moment it wil fit (as we know for deffenate) the toyota cilica and the nissan skyline at the moent it doesnt fit the honda s2000 but we are working on it (the boards will be made specifically for the type of car) but obviousley we havent got all the different types of car. But the board we have used should fit all the others because they are roughly the same size (apart from the S2000). The installation of it is very easy all you have to do is poke the switch through the back window and place the board in the roof of the body, place the car in the shell and thats it.Takes about 10 seconds. Like I said it will be 9.99GBP fully built or about 6-7GBP in kit form. it will probably be about 20USD including postage.

Admin
      Participant

wow all this talk about this great bad boy of a board but no picturesplease hurry on the uploading i wanna see this thing! lol

Admin
      Participant
      Admin
      Participant

mod mad,

i have the wrx car and want to get the skyline or the lancer next, i know u said it fits the skyline, but do u know if it will fit the lancer? when will these be available for us to buy? I’m ready for one.

ryan

Admin
      Participant

Oh my god! that’s so cool! I have to have one 🙂

Is the battery pack rechargable, or use once & throw away?

mod mad, I am in the UK too, when can I get one of them? I have cash ready and waiting.

Krayzie
      Participant

urr for $20 are we actually going to get the black celica body or just the parts for the light?

Admin
      Participant

Ryan:

I am not sure if it will fit the lancer (as I dont have one)but we are redesigning the board now we know there is a big demand for them so we are using a SMC chip which means we have had to buy a special board to programme these on so thekit will fit ALL bit charG bodies. They need to be ordered through my email but please allow us time to build them up (made to order) or if you fancysoldering it yourself then we will get it straight to you.

KITT: The batteries aren’t rechargeable but we are selling the battery kit for when the batteries run out (which will take approximately 8-9 hours constantly on, so that is a long time about 8 weeks if you dont put it on all the time) this wil cost 2GBP or you can buy the batteries yourself and try doing the same as we have done with them its just a matter of soldring 3 wires to the batteries. Again, email me for ordering.

KRAYZEE: You will only be getting the board and not the body but it wil fit any body when the SMC chips are made

I have basically put the version 1.0 of this board on here just to show people what we have done and how many people will want them coz this has not been cheap to create with the ammount of trial and errors we have come accross has cost us some cash, not to mention the time its taken.

Admin
      Participant

I can’t decide wether I want to have a go at soldering the thing up myself or pay more to have it pre-built. WhenI get one installed in a car my friend who I got a car forwill freak when he sees it smiley1.gif

Ideally I’d like the LEDs to be closer together and mounted in the bonnet of the car, for that I think I’d have to solder the thing up myself so I could put the LEDs on a short length of wire. Unless that’s already been planned for your next version?

As you had to program the SMC chip, could there be mk.2 & mk.3 etc. designs with different speeds of light flashing? I can only guess it’s possible asI don’t know how programmable the chip is.

I am very much looking forward to getting a KITT light kit

Admin
      Participant

We tried our selves to put the lights in the front gill/bonnet but there wasnt enough room. We will try and figure out a way of doing it though and yes we are planning different versions so your mates could have diferent colours etc. also different style of flashing will be available soon but if you can do a bit of soldering yourself then its entirely upto you what you want to do with it but remember these are SMC and ARE very fidlley

Admin
      Participant

Mod Mad

This is one possibility I’ve JUST discovered…..

Imagine a shorter chassis, that would leave a full 3mm at the front before the inside of a standard shell. Best of all – it’s available NOW.

Yeah – I’m being a cryptic prick (hey – that rhymes!), and all will be reviewed in the product mini-review that I’m about to do.

Derek

Admin
      Participant

That sounds very promising. Thanks for letting me know.

Admin
      Participant

Mod Mad,

You’ve got an order outta me anyway, post when you are ready to be paid to produce and i’ll get the cash out to you. Or email if u want.

ryan
      rye256@aol.com

Admin
      Participant

No probs Ryan I will get one ready and I will email you when its done coz with any luck the SMC chips should arrive tomorrow ready for programing (should fit any car then). I will keep you updated.

mike

Admin
      Participant

The final board is now complete and it will fit any bit char g it is still priced 15GBP so if anyone is interested mail me. Oh and the battery packs are 2.50GBP.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.