Kyosho Dnano

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • Author
      blurrc
      Participant

Check these little cars out

http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/rc/lineup.html?series_index_id=100158&series_group_id=100067

They look really good but would anyone know anything more about them

Here is a youtube link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfU6yxVEqAw

Kerosene
      Participant

I’m buying one as soon as the prices stop being so ridiculous.

whtang
      Participant

saw these in Japan.. not cheap at all..

they also run these at the Kyosho shop in Hong Kong.. they have a dnano track there…. but from what I hear its more expensive to start up than mini-Z and there are no 3rd party hopups.

dgs73
      Participant

got one of these coming… finally… price still aint friendly but could’nt wait. GTR R35 starter kit and Murcielago autoscale… should be here tomorrow. Ah the anticipation!!!

z-beam
      Participant

Nice dgs! Can’t wait to read your thoughts on the new beast.

Renton
      Participant

lucky you dgs

had my eye on one for a while but i have priorities at the minute.

Hopefully ill win that $60 mill jackpot next week and there will be Dnanos for everyone

blurrc
      Participant

If that is the case I REALLY hope you win Renton heh heh

Renton
      Participant

you have my word blurrc

so long as everyone meets up for some racing.

come to think of it with 60 mill ill fly everyone somewhere for a meet.

blurrc
      Participant

Haha this just keeps getting better and better.

Also I just wanted to say that is great to see ausmicro up and running again.

icebreaka
      Participant

I’d like to hear from DGS on how his Dnano is going…?

Wondering if the Dnano is impressive enough to be worth buying.. They’re what two times the price of a mini-z? or more???

merc-blue
      Participant

Hey kids.
      I was recently browsing the web and saw these and ****.
      To think how far the world has come from the epochs and MR01s to this.

I will have to get one when the prices settle.

kevsta
      Participant

I’m not really sure whether I want to get into this scale – just working on a micro-t makes me cringe because the screws are so **** small and I don’t have super steady hands anymore.

If the prices were a lot cheaper than what they are now, then I would probably get one to try out though.

betty.k
      Participant

@merc-blue 230369 wrote:

Hey kids.
      I was recently browsing the web and saw these and ****.
      To think how far the world has come from the epochs and MR01s to this.

I will have to get one when the prices settle.

you can take the boy outta rc, but you can’t take the rc outta the boy!;) :8ball:

dgs73
      Participant

ok, a verdict… very suprised with these out of the box, quite pokey for such a little car. detail of the bodies is incredible, on par with Z bodies, even better if you consider the fact they are half the size. chassis is similar to an 01, up the front end at least. handles just like a Z, abit more skittish over uneven surfaces (like the gaps between my kitchen tiles; and they be small gaps!) Stock motor seems to yield about 15 or so k’s, no speed checker so appologies for guestimate. Have an X speed motor here for it (all of ten bucks au), but might wait a while yet. Bearings are going to happen, though they are pricey (50 bucks au!!) and tinier than ive ever seen before! pics to come when i can figure how to upload em…

z-beam
      Participant

sounds like it really needs a track to be really appreciated. are they are 2wd?

Participant

@z-beam 230383 wrote:

sounds like it really needs a track to be really appreciated. are they are 2wd?

Yes 2wd.:D

These are very sweet indeed. If the charger/battery/etc could all be bought separately (I already have a KT-18 & a Helios+ 2.4module) then I’d already own a DNano. I saw a Youtube vid of a box-Stock Mini-Z F1 racing against a box-Stock DNano on RCP and the DNano held its own. Impressive little machine the DNano is.:D

I heard a USA-release was in the works but that was a year ago… Does anyone know if the DNano is still going to be sold thru US-based distributers/Sellers?

dgs73
      Participant

the Dnano set comes in two parts; the chassis and autoscale body plus setting parts, and the starter kit; controller, charger, battery. can be bought separately but pricey option if you dont need the controller…
      Z-beam; they’re actually too small for my track, can you believe it? there’s a good chance im going to make another track, staying with the 600mm lane width… oh, and yes they’re 2wd..
      Felix; i too saw the F1 vs Dnano vid, the F1 was not going all out. Crank the sound and you can hear the driver backs off big time for the corners, but the D is still pretty nippy, especially in the twisty stuff

Participant

dgs – What do you think would be the case if the DNano was running the Xspeed and a couple small suspension options and a Ball Diff? Think it could take the F1?:D

Amazing the technology in these tiny cars!!
      :beer:

dgs73
      Participant

hard to say, but there is a good chance, as long as the F1 is left bone stock… im going to go look for a ball diff now, depending on price might get one…;)

dgs73
      Participant

ok, bearings and ball diff on the way… not as pricey as i thought… 71.20 usd incl. shipping…

Participant

Did you get the Kyosho Ball Diff? I ask because Atomic just released their own Ball Diff for the Dnano.:smiley14:

The Kyosho Ball diff looks very trick. $71.20 well spent IMHO…. After all, you can’t put a price on happiness:D

dgs73
      Participant

true, true… 😀
      went for the genuine K. ball diff, as sre the bearings… saw the front spring set too, but thatcan wait till i find the right c.f. h plate… which is proving hard. 👿 Where abouts you seeing the Dnano parts? Atomic? Might have to check it out…

Participant

Try E G R racing . c o m 😀 They stock Dnano, Mini-z parts. Good prices & shipping too:D

dgs73
      Participant

cool… might have to mosey on over and have a gander…

MrNanoTrax
      Participant

sorry, i guess i didn’t look hard enough… any questions about dNaNo, please hit me up… been racing them since January this year and if you have one, stop by our shop in Pattaya on throw it down on the nanotrax circuits! 😉

dgs73
      Participant

ok. so finally found a set of alloys for my Dnano… hopefully soon i’ll find the time to run it again (not to mention install the bearings, diff, gyro, etc. that i got for it all those months ago…)

Renton
      Participant

uh oh

Rentons wallet is starting to burn

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.