Kyosho Inferno MP 7.5 sports

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion Kyosho Inferno MP 7.5 sports

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      jazza_1984
      Participant

hey guys, im looking to buy a 1/8 scale off road buggy, and i have pretty much decided on the MP 7.5. Does anyone have any comments, good or bad, on this car? or know of a good website that i could go to to check it out?

im interested in any performance details if anyone knows about them. i read in another forum that it maybe goes 0-100 in about 2 seconds, is this true?

thanks for your input

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      hey guys, im looking to buy a 1/8 scale off road buggy, and i have pretty much decided on the MP 7.5. Does anyone have any comments, good or bad, on this car? or know of a good website that i could go to to check it out?

Inferno is a great car, world champs for last 12 yrs STRAIGHT!!
      MP7.5 is good, the Kanai will have even more goodies.

It is a bit expensive compared to the Taiwanese etc buggies so “value” isn’t fantastic… but heck, there’s a premium to be paid for good stuff.

Quote:
      im interested in any performance details if anyone knows about them. i read in another forum that it maybe goes 0-100 in about 2 seconds, is this true?

Can you accurately tell speed from just looking at something…? :smiley2:

You Sure?? :p

MP7.5 don’t come with engine; what combo of engine and pipe you stick in it will determine its speed, as will your engine tuning etc etc.

jazza_1984
      Participant

im looking at two different models:

one comes with a GS.21R recoil start engine

the other, a Kyosho GX21 engine – i have never heard of this engine before and can find no info on it, apparently it is a new release…

any ideas?

PandaBear
      Participant

The only one with the pullstart 21 engine is the “Sport”. The others are the MP 7.5 and Kanai I & II, these all don’t have engines in the kit.

Kyosho’s 21 engines are honest donks, they’re quite reliable and easy to maintain. They’re known to run a bit hot though, but this doesn’t seem to hurt them. Of course there’s no where near as much power as a $500 racing engine, but there’s still enough to do some serious damage.

If you’re not into serious racing, the Sport kit is more than enough. Put in a decent radio set, and a stronger steering servo is recommended too.

jazza_1984
      Participant

thanks for that… ill let you know when i get it… probly the sports model then

thanks a lot

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Thats an awesome car, im gunna hafta see it go when i come down to hobart.

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let’s get wasted and have the time of our lives!!

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

The kanai is line 800USD man that is expensive…but world champs 12 years straight kinda tells you it must be good.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.