Kyosho Monster MAD FORCE Type 5 40th Anniversay

Home Forums Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods and other Mini-Scale Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods – Discussion Kyosho Monster MAD FORCE Type 5 40th Anniversay

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      brendan
      Participant

It is the mad forces 40th anniverysay and they have brought out this limited edition Mini Z Mad Force with a Chrome Body Limited Version. I dunno what is differnt about it but it is about $20. It looks cool thou. Limited Edition Mini Z Mad Force

kyo_30081t5_1.jpg

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

You get bearings, X-speed, Oil Shocks, alu nuts, and probably something I’m forgetting. Pretty good value since it’s ~$50 more than a normal one, and the shocks alone cost that. I’m not sure if I like the chrome body, not that it matters.

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      It is the mad forces 40th anniverysay …

Nah, MF is not 40, its barely even 2 yrs old… :p

Try Kyosho 😀 … 2003 was Kyosho’s 40th birthday.

I would have thought they would be done with all their ‘specials’
      by now. They made some ltd edn serial-numbered MiniZs at the start
      of 2003… eg gold & silver plated Ferrari F40s.

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

As ye ol’ saying goes, if you have a cash cow, milk it! 😀

PandaBear
      Participant

Elizabeth Taylor celebrated her 40th b’day over & over for 20 yrs or so… between husbands #3-6 I think. 👿

Pity Tamiya missed out doing anything for their anniversary – their first R/C came out in 1976/77. I was hoping there’d be something out in 2002, but looks like Shizouka plain forgot. blackeye:

dgs73
      Participant

oh my… there goes my budget this month…

peedee
      Participant

well im ordering one of these wednesday, but im getting a normal body as well “wouldnt wanna scratch up that luvely chrome” really i dont like the chrome body, but i wanna get some hop ups, i dunno really wat to get, but ill figger it out

merc-blue
      Participant

hmm temping .. i just got a cheque in the mail that i forgot about.. hmmm i should have it .. i knwo im gonna break it if i buy one.. lol and then i blow 1000s on hoping it up and breaking it over and over

dgs73
      Participant

most of the hopping up has been done for you, merc… yeah, i’ll be getting one of these babies in the next 8 weeks… the only hop ups you may need are the ball joints and stainless steel kingpins / suspension pins. Ooh, deja vu… I think i’ve said that before:blush:

merc-blue
      Participant

u obviouslt havnt seen me drive a RC b4.. lol my mini-z has gone throught 8 chassis LOL i drive them hard i will break everything that is breakable… ive even destroyed a alloy motor mount on my mini-z

dgs73
      Participant

struth… how’d you do in an alloy mount??:shock: I run my racers pretty hard but cant bring myself to thrash the Monster… odd I know.

peedee
      Participant

can a external turbo be installed on to the monster i dont trust FETing as my mate matt005 attemped fetting and burnt out his board, he is a better solderer than me so i want something quick and easy so i can put a PD in it

leonli17
      Participant

yes u can put an external turbo on a mad force. but u still need alittle soldering even putting an external turbo on. but u’ll be ok with it.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.