Kyosho Palm Runners…

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

I m very close to buying a Kyosho Palm Runner (because Mini Z s are way too expensive – LOL) and I m wondering whether or not they re the same size? Someone told me that they were, but you guys are the experts, so if anyone would know you guys would.

1. Can I apply the same mods for a Mini Z to a Palm Runner?
      2. Does anyone know of any good sites for MINI Z/PalmRunners mods?
      3. Exactly how fast can you get these things(Palm Runners) up to?
      4. Are they as fast as the Canned Heats with mods(+60km/h)?
      5. Are the MINI Z body sets interchangeable with the Palm Runners and vice verca?

I guess the real question I want answered is whether or not I can drop the upgrade motor for the MINI Z into the Palm Runner. Because it s either this or an Auldey. And well…these look better!

Thanks in advance!

Edited by – syncronized on 11 May 2003 20:22:41

barto_85
      Participant

there are plenty of mini z mods, just wait for someone to read this and your questions will be answered. how much are you looking to spend, barrell is selling is hopped up mini z for $150AU.

barto_85
      Participant

sorry i dont really know much about this, wait for barrell and/or shypo to come on.

Barrelll
      Participant

Hey man, sorry to burst your bubble, but the palm runners cannot be hopped up at all. im not sure, POSSIBLY the motor can be cahnged, but that would be it, but i dont think so.

So in answer to your qsts.
      1 – no you cant
      2 – http://www.rcmart.com has all mini z mods, which i can get in for you.
      3 – palm runners, not sure on speed, 15kmh max prob. (palm runners do NOT have proportional steering or throttle)
      4 – No – but mini z’s hopped up can get pretty quick
      5 – I THINK that the bodies are interchangeable, but not totally sure.

And like barto said, i have a hopped up 2nd hand mini z for sale, wating $150 for it, let me know if u want details.

Hope that helps.

27MHZ 3.5 Honda Accord (Custom Exhaust and F1 Wing)
      35MHZ 1.0 Battery Modded Castrol Supra
      45MHZ 2.2 Custom Painted Yellow and Black WRX
      57MHZ 2.6 Booster Trueno
      Mini Z Blue WRX (Lights, Gold alloys, Exhaust)
      Mini Z Castrol Supra + all mods (Coming)

dgs73
      Participant

i actually got myself a Palm Runner on the weekend (they had z’s, but Bits take up the larger chunk of my spare time (and spare cash!!)), according to the instructions the wheels, tyres and motor( back of the box advertises a x-speed hop-up for the Palm) are the only parts interchangeable between the two.

SurfmyStrat
      Participant

might i suggest saving your money a bit, im going to buy a nice hpi car. for about 250 usd. And im a kid with low income, about 10 bucks a week, and thats not stoping me from saving up, in the outcome, its worth it!!! better get a piggy bank… i got one:D:D:D

you are currently at: http://www.ausmicro.com

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      I guess the real question I want answered is whether or not I can drop the upgrade motor for the MINI Z into the Palm Runner.

Like dgs says, Kyosho does offer a X-Speed for the PalmRunner. The packaging is different to the MiniZ one, and the wiring is different too – but I have no idea if the actual motors are the same inside.

Bodies/wheels are interchangeable.

That’s about it.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Okay, if you drop a x speed motor into a palm runner it will have very little power. This is because the palm runner runs on 2 cells, and the mini z runs on four cells, so it would have less than half the power that a mini z with x speed would have.

Speed, about 10km/h i think, dont eeven think about 60km/h, not even mini z’s like this sort of speed.

A mini z goes about 20km/h out of the box.

There are literally thousand of hopups for mini z’s.

The palm runner is like a giant bit char-g, and the mini z is more like a bigger r/c in the nature that it has fully proportional control.

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let’s get wasted and have the time of our lives!!

barto_85
      Participant

sounds like if you are willing to spend $150 barrell’s z is a really good option.

Barrelll
      Participant

yeh i would have to agree :smiley2: Plus i can get you all the hop ups u need

27MHZ 3.5 Honda Accord (Custom Exhaust and F1 Wing)
      35MHZ 1.0 Battery Modded Castrol Supra
      45MHZ 2.2 Custom Painted Yellow and Black WRX
      57MHZ 2.6 Booster Trueno
      Mini Z Blue WRX (Lights, Gold alloys, Exhaust)
      Mini Z Castrol Supra + all mods (Coming)

Cubits
      Participant

I bought a palm runner off ebay (new) for 40 bucks, as a spare body for my mini-z. The PR is slow as all hell, but has a much nicer front suspension setup, and stiffere rear h-plate than the mini-z.

It was also cheaper than buying an autoscale kit 😉

t00l
      Participant

well guys, i got my mates palm runner with the plam runner x speed, fully charged high powered batteries and it did 8 k max on my 4wd speed checker 😛

compared to a miniz x speed that does 27 k 😀

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

My plasma did 37km/h once i installed ball bearings in the motor. But i am yet to charge the batteries on a peak charger so those figures could change.

t00l
      Participant

dammm, i thought it was ment to be like 40+ k?

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

The Dash has gargantuous torque compared to the x speed motor, so a 14 tooth pinion would push it to about 55km/h.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.