latest custom, fresh outta da shop!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      betty.k
      Participant

many moons ago rcmod had a comp which i was lucky enough to win and i scored this cool custom molded and painted body as a prize. i dunno what sort of body it’s meant to be, anyone?
      before.jpg

always wanted to do it justice so i figured i’d get into it and enter it in the bitpimps “going topless” comp:smiley15:

much dremmeling was done to get it low enough, the plastic was very thick to start with.
      i wanted a badass sleeper type feel to it and flames so i opted for dark colours to make for a subtle flame job. i created the purple by first spraying it bright red then clear blue, kinda gives it a chameleon paint look.

i made some wire grill headlight covers in the same way as i did with my mini cooper, with the dark background they come up well.

i almost went with pullback rims but they would have made the already huge wheel arches look even bigger. that and i felt some good ole chrome bling was in order so i used some diecast rims & tyres zbeam gave me:worship:
      i think i made the right choice:topstuff:

i took the easy way out with a simple interior as i didn’t want it to outshine the flamejob so i made a simple bench seat type protrusion and glued it to the pcb cover. for the same reason i chose to use matt paint.
      i tried to get an upholstered leather look with the brush, didn’t quite work out how i envisioned it but i know better than to screw with it at this final stage:D

finally, i painted this with leftover cans so every can (except for the clear) blew dry just as i’d finished with it so i decided to name this sled

$Running on Empty$

roe1.jpg
      roe2.jpg
      roe3.jpg
      roe4.jpg
      roe5.jpg
      roe6.jpg

got a little ausmicro promo attached too:smiley16: :8ball:

BludyYank
      Participant

1957 Buick Roadmaster

betty.k
      Participant

close enough, cheers!:beer: :8ball:

TallduDe
      Participant

Nice!:smiley16:

glad to see bits are still gettig worked on :beer:

Dangerous Dave
      Participant

yeah me too – thought I’d been left behind by all these Zwavermods…

nice work bk

Kerosene
      Participant

Me too too … maybe it’s time for a bit resurgence.

betty.k
      Participant

there will always be something special about the micros to me, maybe it’s because i always wanted an rc hotwheels car as a kid and now i can have one!:D

i’m also a sucker for anything in miniature, even fully decked out doll’s houses are cool in my books!:topstuff:

thanks for the props, hopefully it inspires some of you to dust off the ol’ hobby knife!;) :8ball:

z-beam
      Participant

hell yeah betty! looks awesome indeed!!!

glad to see those rims get used, its been such a long time since i customised a bit dang… i miss the little projects.

ive been lugging around some warhammer kits with me on my travels lately to work on, rather than car stuff as i can paint them in a motel room without someone thinking im suss *grin* but the bit bodies need some more lovin!

so my knife might rusty (ol faithfull) but it aint dusty. time to pull out the bits’n’peices and come up with something i reakon. the warhammer cheese squad can wait a bit longer…

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.