LED mod plans?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

LED mod plans? Anyone have any, im more of a hands on person i dont feel like buying a premade kit i want to suck in those lovley sodder fumes….

Admin
      Participant

u mean like the ultimate light mod? (headlights, tail lights, and curtiousy lights)? OOO, the smell is wonderful, only thing better is the smoke in your eyes,

Admin
      Participant

i tried that and the battery blew up

Admin
      Participant

tried what? O, and a little tip, its not really a good idea to solder anything onto a battery, well, u know why. Try electrical tape

Admin
      Participant

Go to http://www.questformadness.com and click into the downloads section. Download the LED light schematics there.

Admin
      Participant

Limca, it’s pretty easy to determine where the wires go. They are all labeled on the circuit board. F=forward B=backward L=left R=right. These are all – outputs. The one labeled + is the common positive lead. I tried this with blue leds and it stuttered a little bit. I havent tried it with the dual cell mod and blue leds yet.

Rosin Core Solder Fumes … mmm mmm good.

I’ve soldered on all types of batteries even little lithium button cells. The key is high wattage hot iron, lots of flux and do it FAST. If it doesn’t take right away, let it cool and try again. Otherwise, well … you know, KABOOOOM.

avoid the noid
      Participant

yum batterie acid hahaha umm is it possible to shrink wrap it its fast and easy i spent all day soldering nad shrink wrapping all the wires on my corvair but i dont know if shrinking wrapping would work or not on a battery

Admin
      Participant

noid, you have a vair? What year? I sold my Cherry ’65 a few years ago. It was just about perfect. It was a monza but I put a Corsa 140 in it, custom slot mag wheels with wide rear tires, Corsa dash, all new interior, kick ass hidden stereo system. Wow, what an eye turner. I bought it for 1G, did body work, paint, engine (never leaked a drop), (interior was good already) and solt it for 5G. Sure was a head-turner. Everyone always said “I used to have a corvair, I should never have sold it”

Admin
      Participant

Yeah the headlight mod is a little too obvious guys…(duh) im talking about turning signals and break lights…..yeah the board is marked with L R and all that stuff, but the left and right only get power when u let go of the button to turn, so i suppose u prolly need some kind of microcontroler as used in the Ultimate led mod thing by mikes mods….I want plans for that kinda thing not simple on off headlights…

Admin
      Participant

ultimate light mod schematics would be awesome

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.