Lemons…

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Ok, so I’ve been playing with Bit Char G’s since March. I’ve ordered four in that time. 3 engines, 2 tire sets, and a few miscellanious goodies.(OEM/Lap Counter)

And what I am finding is an amazing variance in quality. I’ve had 2 (2.2) motors die. Well they run, but barely faster than a 1.0 now.

I’ve had 2 cars startto have really bad steering issues. (Yes, I’ve cleaned them out, made sure nothing was wrapped around the axel of the wheels. I’ve made sure the alignment of the magnet was correct. All signs seem to point to a weak spring). Becasue the both pull to one direction now.

I am beggining to think that these cars were really not made to run anything other than the 1.0motor. AS its not as hard on the delicate internal parts of these cars.

Now I don’t mind maintenance on these things. AS a matter of fact I enjoy a certain amount of hands on to keep it performing tops.

But I don’t like parts wearing out after a couple of uses. Defective motors…etc. I am wondering if I should sink any more of my hard earned money into these things…or consider a better, but more expensive alternative, such as MiniZ’s.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the Bit Char G’s. But I don’t run mine all the time. Maybe 8-10 times a week. On a smooth lanolium(spell?) floor. I don’t jump them, smash them, run them for extended periods…and I am having these issues.

Has anyone else noticed these sorts of problems? Flakey motors? etc.

-Floyd

Admin
      Participant

Hey just remember if you buy a Mini-z we’ll still want you hanging around! *grins* I’d love one but I have my 1/10th ‘lectric and the Char-gs and my Taiyo Cans….another platform (and a $$ one at that) is just too much..

Aaron

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.