LEO X 1:20 monsters

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion LEO X 1:20 monsters

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      merc-blue
      Participant

for all you rcmart people will have seen the leo x monsters i can tell you they are built and designed by schumacher and have been rebadged..

Edited by – Aaron on 22 November 2004 12:34:07

• This topic was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by Avatar photoAaron.
      Pork_Hunt
      Participant

I thought they were a straight ripoff of the venom mini giant. They have all the exact same features etc… BTW they cost more to bring in etc than my genuine VMG cost me to buy from a guy off ebay.

merc-blue
      Participant
      oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

We can argue about who ripped off who, but they are all the same!

Good news is the pretty BMWesque Schumacher body for those of us who already bought the VMG.

AU LHS price is $185.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Is the VMG any good? Im considering a DTX mini quake, looks like a great mini basher.

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

I love its versatility, swap the springs and pinion and it is a completely different vehical, rock crawler, mad-ass jumper, whatever. It does have a high COG and it is a little underpowered stock, but otherwise (Y)(Y) two thumbs up

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Well, that’s one man’s opinion, just wait till one of the car magazines has a 1/18-1/20 truck shootout…

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

Keep in mind this truck is actually 1/24 scale, a pretty good indoor. outdoor vehicle. The outcome of any mag comparo is pretty predictable.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Um, can you elaborate on that?

Roe
      Participant

I’ve pretty much got a stock VMG apart from the wheelie bar & bearings and it’s great for bashing around in the back yard (mini camera attached & all) with a 2foot jump & 1f landing platform. It’s pretty lame on open flat say ….. a netball court…lol:)

I agree Pork_Hunt. my pinion keeps popping off when I attempt to do wheelies while the motors hot, Say 10-15mins off pretty much full throtle fun. Having to re-glue the pinion is a pain, as I have to remove the whole motor mount & gear. I would’nt want spill CA ZAP supaglue on the gears etc.

Have you swapped your motor yet Pork_Hunt? I wouldn’t mind a TrinityMonster Termination Mini Motor or even a micro brushless!!

& predictable cause they’re all the same! Wouldn’t you say.

😀

Edited by – macroe on 23 September 2004 20:09:18

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

all the same?? thats a very woolly statement LOL..

The Leo-X and VMG are both solid axle, 2 trailing arm articulating designs, 4wd Monster truck.

AE RC18, Trinity Spyder, 4wd independant suspension, stadium truck.

Duratrax Mini Quake, 4wd independant suspension, 8 oil shocks (e-maxx *cough* e-maxx), monster truck.

Team Losi Mini T, traditional stadium truck, 2wd 4 wheel independant suspension..

All very different…

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

Mine is runnng a Venom fireball motor, 9-15t pinons (ta ph2t), and orange sprngs for mucking about on cement and yellow springs with a servo screw (to lengthen the shock) for crawling.

Roe
      Participant

now that would be a good review!

i wouldn’t mind getting Losi Mini T next. Having seen a few sweet vids on the net, 1 being a niro conversion 🙂 With all the hop-ups out there they look pretty sweet.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

The mini T is fairly raw, comes with the basics, like friction shocks (ugh shocking) and an AA cell holder (is that a joke?)

Roe
      Participant

OMG! Just put a Team Orion Bigblock motor into my VMG ova the w/e. What a different beast the mini has become. Pinion seems to be holding up (for the time being anyway) as the motor arm has teeth for the stock pinion.

Anyone know where I can buy a set of centre axle shafts for the VMG? as I just lost the front one, in my backyard somewhere (must have been when it half way thru the 5 roll stack:)

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

got a big magnet???

Roe
      Participant

yeah. i’ll have to crack out an old speaker magnet I think…..:)

ph2t
      Participant

man, do what betty does. just drive around with a car that has neo magnets in it. betty’s found so much stuff previously lost this way, no jokes 🙂

ph2t.

Roe
      Participant

thanks for the tip ph2t/bettyK/Jamie, All i have to do now is get some rare earth magnets

merc-blue
      Participant

jaycar sell them.. the motor on a VMG is 2 high 2 pickup parts .. so just tape some jaycar neo mags to teh bottom of the chassis

Pork_Hunt
      Participant
      Quote:
      Mine is runnng a Venom fireball motor, 9-15t pinons (ta ph2t), and orange sprngs for mucking about on cement and yellow springs with a servo screw (to lengthen the shock) for crawling.

Just added… custom 7 cell 2000mAh pack, micro deans plugs and silicone-d wire.

Roe
      Participant

Kellett’s in Liverpool stock stuff for the VMG. Ordered a centre drive alxe set for $18…

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

Does anyone know whether an 8th cell will kill my VMG?

merc-blue
      Participant

i would say it will kill it.. most escs dont take above 7 cells

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.