Lexan bodies

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Rummaging through other forums and this came up.
      http://www.cargel.se/shop/index.php?cPath=38_87_337
      LimmetED doing some very noice work from Sveden yah. It’s got slightly more flavor than the typical lexan bodies and its priced about 17USD excl. postage. Also tells you WB and offset lengths to remove some guess work.

dgs73
      Participant

mmm… tasty stuff there…. Mock; go the carbon chassis if your’re going down the lexan body path… and be prepared to break things. Maybe. I’ve got a micro airbrush setup if you want to get funky, paint-wise… do they come with window masks, or is it a DIY sort of thing??

Admin
      Participant

The bodies don’t come with any masks unfortunately, a real bummer considering what a hassle it is to make and apply mini masks. I’m seriously considering the carbon chassis route, got some micro LiPos from my Lama, but most chassis offerings are based on AAA. I can whip up a few Carbon/Kevlar panels, but I don’t have access CNC router. 🙁

dgs73
      Participant

shame im not in the same industry as i was 3+ years ago… coulda helped there

Admin
      Participant

shame that I’m in my industry 3 years too late 🙁 Does anyone here run a lexan body on a Z?

Dangerous Dave
      Participant

I have the stuff to make soft bodies for my slot cars, always had plans to make a couple for my Iwavers/Z’s.. then again I have LOTS of plans about making lots of things lol.. (mind you, some of those plans have happened 🙂 )

I use clear PVC film, not as durable but easier to form, much cheaper and easier to source.

Admin
      Participant

LimmetED is bringing out more lexan bodies soon and might I add they are smoking hot.
      Volvo haters avert your eyes now:
      SL381521.jpg
      SL381522.jpg

Got rice?:
      SL381529.jpg
      SL381531.jpg

I prefer my bugattis in black personally:
      SL381540.jpg

Dangerous Dave
      Participant

sweet

cheers for posting the pics!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.