Li-Ion Cells

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Dracer07
      Participant

I have experienced Li-Ion cells on an Xmod and wonder if any mini-z people have allready done this. I know a guy that cells a kit that is very easy to install on an xmod and most likely is also almost the same on a Z. The guy clocked his Xmod at around 30mph, so i expect that with a mini-z it could top out around 45 to 50 with fet upgrades and such.

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

It has been done on Z’s, but unlike the Xmods, they need FETs to handle the higher voltage. I definately want to Lipo my XM (just got a very nice Lipo charger last week) because it’s just a heavy and slow POS as is. I put OL tyres on it so at least it doesn’t bottom out everywhere anymore.

I’m interested to know the complete specs of this 30mph car.

Dracer07
      Participant

If u want to check out this guys car, go to http://www.atomicmods.com . Why dont Xmods require FET’s and Z’s do. The FETs just allow that built up voltage to go through easier to the motor. Doesnt this apply to all ESC’s.

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

Lots of people run Xmods on 6 cells (the equivalent of 2 Lipos), while stock Z FETs can only take 5 cells.

I guess Xmods have better FETs stock, maybe something to do with the fact that they’re aimed at kids that are likely to ‘stall’ the motor.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.