lithium Li-On Handling Ph2 PLASMATOMIC

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      henal
      Participant

hi im new to this forum i have a gen 1 xmod its ok for the price i got it for ?20(around $40) i was thinking to the Li-On batterys those aaa types but im not sure that they can handle them kinds of current draw but yet again alot of people are using them and having no problems

are there any good to buy and also this is for the people who use them can thay handle them kinds of current draw

i heard of them exploding is they are not charge proply and also if you try to pull loades of current from them

are there any good to get and will it handle the PLASMATOMIC nicely

klims
      Participant

ph2t answers this question in this thread i started. (number 3)

henal
      Participant

thanks just what i was looking for took me a long time for looking for this but never found it so i had to post

henal
      Participant

hi just want to know people running lion batterys how much current can they handle
      i got a 1000 mAh and i think the disgarge rate for lion are ruffly about 1.5 to 2c (about 1500 mA -2000 mA) but can they handle about 4 amps

the battery gets warm from the first 30 sec but not hot

thanks

klims
      Participant

even 4 amps is pretty weak. i get more than that with a good set of AAA’s

henal
      Participant

this is lion right do there get hot because when i was tring to pull out about 3.80 and there got warm but not hot im am using the cr123 batterys

ph2t
      Participant

henal, the li-ons that are widely used in this scale can’t handle the current drain of hot motors in the <33 turn range. the plasmatomic is too hot and causes the li-ions to dump out very quickly and die.

go lipoly or 4-6 cell nimh. they’re the only ones that will sustain the high current drain (up to and over 8A at times) that the plasmatomic will pull under load.

here are some lipoly packs that may fit. they are approx 20-25mm wide and will fit in the AAA bays on each side of the mr-02 chassis.

http://www.atomicmods.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=12195

http://www.aircraft-world.com/shopexd.asp?id=3758

sadly, their capacity’s are shit, only 300-460mah, if you can find any polyquest 600mAh packs (mentioned a lot here at ausmicro) then they’re the best. but good luck to you!

cheers,

ph2t.

henal
      Participant

i dint even see them lipo there at 47 mm thats good for a 10 c battery but postage to uk is not worth it

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.