lock those shock rods in…..

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

this little trick I found out the other night. This is for the mini-z madforce for the un-inititiated…..

The main problem I have now is that pillow balls becoming loose and falling out of their location, even when the thread is very tight.

So I had some spare TOPCAD mini-z mr01 alloy locknuts and used them to lock the thread of the pillow ball mounts that had came out the other side of the alloy damper mount. This way it won t slowly become undone!

A very, very tight setup! The horizontal play is virtually no more!

ph2t.

Edited by – ph2t on 14 September 2004 22:15:54

Participant

if there was every a mad force in need of a stiffening, it’s this one!:smiley2::8ball:

Participant

…Ph2t you can stiffen up the play in the steering too by moving the front servo case pillow balls off to the side with a pillar…sorry pics not right now but later tonight…My monster turns on a dime now…

What are you using for your front dog bones…looks like you have stock on the back but whats on the front ? Are you still running it with your chassis at maximum length?

Participant

yeah man, max length. So you call them dog bones hey? ok, I’ll use that term from now on, lol….

The front and rear dogbones are all the same length. I just used another rear set on the front! KISS!

Kitsune was talking about a similar setup on the front gear box by widening the placement of the front pillow balls. I see where you are going with this. How to you place them futher out? you screw and lock them in then bend them with pliers or somethin’ ?

ph2t.

ph2t.

Participant

..FYI i have adjustable dog bones front and rear 🙂 titanium turnbuckles blah blah blah…

…ok…the pillow balls are now ON TOP of the servo case…You know the litle screw each side of the case, down BELOW where the pillow balls are now…well i raised those up with some allot tubing and the balls are now connected THROUGH those screw holes..pics coming later today…and check your pms…

Participant

cool man, what an excellent idea using the original strength of the screw holes with an extra long screw and some tubing. If you can find some small silver/brass bushings you should be able to secure it even better.

Participant

..its all been done mate 🙂 locked and loaded :)I have some pics in the camera and will put them up later today..

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.