Lol what fun!!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

I just finished assembling mine aboutan hourago, loved how when I pulled the plastic apart the tyres popped out and went every which way :). Also I had the Castrol car, and those little stickers lol they wouldn’t fit or stay on where the diagrams showed so I just put them where I thought they looked good hehe.

First surface I tried it out on was an old wooden board we had. Plonked it on the ground and carefully placed my freshly charged car on top of it. Slammed down the gas and off it went.. RYEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Approaching the bank I hit left and LOL, I think i pulled off at least10 successive 360’s before coming to a stop (and consequently hit the bank side on hehe).I picked it up and noticed my tyres were covered in white stuff. Turns out the board had talcum powder resedue all over it LOL. I dusted off the tyres and not being a big fan of driving on ice searched for new surfaces to conquer.

The next biggest area I could think off was the bathroom floor, so putting the mat into the hallway I set the car down and let it rip. It was one of those instances where you truly don’t notice time fly. I sat there for no less then 40 minutes whizzing around the washing machine and dodging shampoo bottles :). Even my cat jumped in and we began a high speed cat and mouse game heh.

I’d noticed my left steering was pretty crappy compared to my right so I dissasembled the car back to its origin thinking something might have been stuck blocking the left turn. Nothing was there so I re-assembled it and quickly fired off an email to dj asking if he had any ideas.

He told me about the steering adjuster on the bottom, and by flicking that to the left I think it was I’d fixed my steering problems!

Just by pure chance too by running away from the cat in reverse, I noticed my traction was heaps better :). I think this probably has something to do with having larger wheels pushing the car from the front but I’m not sure. I feel an adding big wheels to the front of the car mod coming on when I get time :)…

Keep on drivin…

Shard

Admin
      Participant

Glad to see you’ve caught the bug, Shard

When you asked the question about the steering adjustment I was going to say “RTFM”…and then the horrible realisation….it’s in bloody Japanese

I know that they’re a piece of cake to assemble, but methinks an “English Instruction Sheet Project” will be on the cards real soon. Can’t hurt anyway….

I have a contact IN Japan (an ex-pat Aussie no less) who can do an accurate translation for me. I have a scanner here to do a high-res image of the original Tomy sheets. Any volunteers for playing in Photoshop, to doctor up an English version of the standard blue and white sheet?

Cheers

Admin
      Participant

Photoshop, Corel and Picture Publisher…

My favourite being PP…

I can scan @ whatever res you want…

Admin
      Participant

Isoropia

If you can scan them in at, say, 150dpi RGB colour, I’ve arranged for our ex-pat Aussie friend in Japan to do some translating for us.

I’ll then just drop the translated text into the originals and pop them somewhere on the site as reference material for all to use.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers

Admin
      Participant

Oh… Iso….. please email me them (derek@ausmicro.com).

Thanks

Admin
      Participant

No probs…

BTW, what format do you want the files in?…

Admin
      Participant

TIFF or low-compression JPEGs would be just perfect!

Thanks mate

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.