LWB Hummer Report……

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      DarkTari
      Participant

Got my LWB Hummer in yesterday. Shweeeet! Made by Bensu, Again “Shweeeet”. Came with a blue cap motor but it’s definatley not a 1.0, runs like a strong 2.8 or 3.0. Pinion is 11 toothed so torque is not it’s fortay but the motor has enough torque to get it movin pretty good. The chassis is “stretched” which makes this rig the “perfect” candidate for a dual/triple battery mod. (longer than a ZZ) Dual will fit with NO chassis mod, triple with lil modding. Steering is good and responsive, range is excellent (25ft), body is outstanding, very detailed though paint leaves a lil to be desired. The only bad thing I have to say about it is the wheels & tires. Tires are hardly ever great on clones but I knew that so I got Bit Charg-A tire with the order. These are “great” soft tires. Now the wheels are horrible, decent looking but wobbly and off center which throws the axle gear off too. Vibrates like crazy so the rig may get a set of German Alloys or at least a MS Full Wheel Mod along with a tripple Batt Mod.

http://www.toyeast.com/proddetail2.asp?pdtid=AC1293

LWB Hummer – $6.75
      Soft Bit Tires – $2.25

Not a bad deal!

DarkTari

DarkTari
      If It Won’t Fly……Modify

DaveF
      Participant

The wheelbase is longer, eh? I wonder if some slot car bodies would fit it then – normally they don’t fit well on BCGs because the wheelbase is shorter. Maybe hotwheels or matchbox cars could be used to vacuum form new shells too. hmmm…

????????????????????????
      DaveF! 👿
      My track – http://community.webshots.com/album/58669595eliwuK

GT-ahh
      Participant

i highly doubt 1:64 shells will fit..they have a tendancy to be to shallow. Because bit char-Gs are super-chibi ^_^ you need a bubbly sorta shell…

http://www21.brinkster.com/gtahh/
      custom shells, mods and tips

z-beam
      Participant

super chibi! is that the word for it! i wonder how much bit charg oz will sell them for?

Admin
      Participant

Chibi??

TallduDe
      Participant

i got one of these lwb hummers.

it fits exactly on a die cast body i got but….. the actual car is s@#t its slow even with the original body on it and it doesnt turn that well. i could do a dual cell modd and new motor that could improve speed but the handling will still be bad.

so i was thinking maybe i could swap chips maybe using a lxx booster one. would i have to replace the steering wires aswell to fix the handling or will a better chip improve the steering reguardless?

FreeLoader101
      Participant

every times i see one of those things i think “full wheel mod, lowered body, putty body kit, and under glows….” well im fresh outta skillz.. so who wants to make that dream of mine come tru??

TallduDe
      Participant

does anyone know if i swap the pcb’s on the hummer with another bit say an original bit or a Lxx bit would it improve the handling of the thing???

ph2t
      Participant

Talldude, prolly not. The bad steering is to do with the actual phyical steering mechanism. Try pulling the front assembly apart and re-seating the coils and/or magnet. A lot of clones come with one coil NOT sitting flat which will cause bad steering no matter what the little trimmer on the underside is set to. Also as time goes by the magnet can become loose, try re-seating this with a touch of glue to keep it there.

ph2t.

TallduDe
      Participant

thanks ph2t

yeah one side was not sitting flat up so dat was effecting the steering.

but the car needs more power and the gears are too high because when u put it forward then reverse its lacking torque. i think a dual cell would fix that problem and maybe some new gears……

damn i should really stop spending all my money on these things

my family already thinks i got a problem with these things

DarkTari
      Participant
      Quote:
      i got one of these lwb hummers.

it fits exactly on a die cast body i got but….. the actual car is s@#t its slow even with the original body on it and it doesnt turn that well. i could do a dual cell modd and new motor that could improve speed but the handling will still be bad.

so i was thinking maybe i could swap chips maybe using a lxx booster one. would i have to replace the steering wires aswell to fix the handling or will a better chip improve the steering reguardless?

I don’t hear great things about Lxx PCB’s, as a matter of fact I wouldn’t suggest using an Lxx booster PCB.

ms char-ged
      Participant

they are selling at trading direct for under $15, so now would be a good time to by one

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.