Lxx proportional

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • Author
      Efarel
      Participant

Have you tried the Lxx proportional ?
      Are they a good choice ?
      I know that thay cannot be compared to Mini-z but I m curious about their overall quality, motors and steering capability.

Can they mount the mini-z parts ?

Thank you
      Efarel

Guys this is closer to mini Z discussion than to BCG technical, so I ve shifted this topic :)uA

Edited by – micro_Amps on 29 October 2003 09:52:24

ph2t
      Participant

what’s this? you have a link man to where you can get these machines?

ta,

ph2t.

TallduDe
      Participant

its a toyeast thing

http://www.toyeast.com/subcatlist2.asp?catid=1127

i heared they are alright, i dont know how many ‘steps’ they are in prportional steering.

VooDooMafia
      Participant

Well heres a link (not sure if these are the ones you are talking about)

LXX mini z clone
      http://www.toyeast.com/productimage/AC33072a.jpg%5B/img

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

They’re not bad, you’ll want to add bearings and a ball diff. Some people have had minor problems with them. Worth the bucks I say.

VooDooMafia
      Participant

Can you fit normal Z parts on them?

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

If you want to add mini Z parts, why not buy the mini Z?

VooDooMafia
      Participant
      Quote:
      If you want to add mini Z parts, why not buy the mini Z?

I have a Z just curious on how the setup and mechanics were like. If it fits Z parts without moddin then its prolly set up the same(not quallity wise)

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Im not bagging it just wondering 🙂

VooDooMafia
      Participant

Buy the pictures thay look alot like the clones that are sole on ebay for real cheap. maybe the next toy est order will have to include one

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

Nope, the ‘real cheap eBay clones’ are just that.

They’re neither propo nor compataible with Z parts. When some one buys a Z they often replace a lot of it with aftermarket stuff, so buying the base car as cheap as possible makes sence.

VooDooMafia
      Participant

So are these propo then (the lxx ones)?

and are tehy compatible with Z stuff?

They dont look half bad for someone just wanting a 1/24 scale to fart around with.

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

Yup, full propo and all parts fit.

TallduDe
      Participant

so these cars are a good way to get started in full proportional rc cars?

in that they are cheap and are fully upgradable.

VooDooMafia
      Participant

sounds like a good deal for 30 bucks

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

I got, I love, I’m going to play with it right now.

Efarel
      Participant

Come on give us a complete review !!
      I ordered a Vyper from TE but it is on the way…

Problems, quirks, something strange or weird ?
      What about steering and throttle sensitivity ? Is it a true propo car ?

thank you
      Efarel

Super Max Power
      Participant

What is the chassis length for the different models of LLX mini-z at TE? I think the Viper is the medium set up but what are the others?

I have tried to e-mail tech support there three times but no response.

icebreaka
      Participant

hmm would you get as much fun from this as you would with a mini z?

does it have same control and handling characteristics or good enough?

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

Okay, a review (my first time, be gentle)

MY LXX SCALE RACER (MINI-Z CLONE)

Firstly, I have never touched a Kyosho Mini-z. I did see one once up close, but I was so drunk the guy said I wasn’t allowed to touch it :D.

The car is FULLY proportional, as far as I can tell. There is no discernable “stepping” in the throttle or steering. Let me tell you, that suprised hell outta me.

The chassis is at least as “sturdy-looking” as a Auldey, my only real basis for comparison. Although, the H-plate looks kinda flimsy.

It goes pretty darn fast… about as fast as my relayed, hotted up tinracer, and the LXX is still stock.

It handles REAL nice. I 2-odd total hours of play, I’ve managed to flip it only once, and that was after it hit a tuft of grass between the crack in our concrete.

The bodys are acceptable, once again, nicer than a tinracer, but just a little flimsy. My friend cracked the windshield by slamming it into the corner of our fridge, but it was going flat-chat (lucky I had the commonsense to buy a spare Ferrari body).

Wheels look nice, and are reasonably true, but clearly I need BBs. Tyres are soft enough that if it is sitting on a table and you gently try to push against the roll of them, its a struggle.

The radio rocks. Feels like you could ruin a smack addict’s day with it :D. Heavy (the good kind of heavy), sturdy, and awesome range (50-100 car lengths). Only complaint is the steering wheel on the controller is developing an oh-so slight squeak, still better than a Char-G’s button noise.

800mAh nihms from Jaycar rule. $14 for 8 Energiser e^2’s or $12 for 4 nihms, and they are a wang-load faster.

SMP: Chassis (for the blue viper, and ferrari 355) is set up as medium, but it is adjustable.

Personally, and I am kinda biased, but I think this car is more fun than any I have driven, no contest. Every one that has a spin of it askes “how much, and where?”, and then pouts when I say “AU$45, hong kong”. I am also yet to find someone who is incapable of driving it within 60 seconds. Char-gs took ages to get the hang of, yet this takes literally seconds.
      icebreaka: the fun you get out of an R/C car is the time you put into it, eg.. in the same TE order I got two LXX Char-gs. They are still both NIB because every time i want an R/C fix, I switch on the Viper. Plus if i kill the Viper I’m only $45 down, not $200-odd.

So in summary, I haven’t (yet) found a bad thing to say about this car. I’d say it is the perfect car.

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

Okay, I have had the LXX viper a week now. Still lovin it, maybe a little too much. I have worn out the pinion gear, but on the other hand it has been “abused” on damn near every drivable surface, carpet, tiles, asphalt, cement, concrete, I could find. I am replacing it tomorrow. The diff has a little bit of noise, but I am damn sure it is the pinion gear making it. I have confirmed that aftermarket Mini-z bearings and genuine Kyosho Mini-z wheel nuts fit. Between my house mates and I we have ordered another 4 LXX scale racers, so I think that speaks volumes 😀

The body is looking VERY worse for wear. Chipped and scratched everywhere, but still has both mirrors.

I wanna get it FETed but I really don’t think I could do I myself. I nearly killed my LXX char-g controller trying to anti-boost it.

All in all a VERY worthwhile car, the only thing that bothers me is that the hopups I have bought for it sofar (Kyosho nuts and aftermarket bearings) add up to like 3/4s the price of the whole car.

*UPDATE*
      Bought a set of pinions today, and the 9tooth gear rocks. Just wish I knew how fast it was going.

Edited by – Pork_Hunt on 22 November 2003 18:03:47

leonli17
      Participant

Where abouts do u live in Australia, Pork_Hunt, how did u pay them, do u know if u can Bank Transfer money from Commonwealth Bank to their bank? And what bank are they?
      If u try to order more Lxx MiniZ from them next time, can i include one in ur order, then u can ship it to me, and i will pay u.
      And have u ever test the top speed of the Lxx miniz? Is it around 20km/h?

Edited by – leonli17 on 30 November 2003 23:48:54

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

Whoa, whoa, whoa, one at a time man…

I live in a little town of wonder and junkies called Springvale, Victoria.

I deposit money in to a buddy of mines’ bank account and he pays via VISA debit card.

I KNOW Bank of Melb. will let you do an Overseas Transfer, but it costs and arm and a leg (well more like AU$20). Iono what bank they use.

I actually have a “semi-spare” LXX mini-z, but due to working nights, I CBF mailing stuff. If you live nearby we MAY be able to come to some arrangement. By “semi-spare” I mean, never had batteries in it, never used the remote, it has only ever been opened, a body put on it, and looked at on top of our fridge.

Ill know the definate top speed in a couple of weeks man, bithed (he’s so dreamy) has hooked me up with a tamiya speed checker. Best guesses are around 15 kays outta the box, with bearings a little more.

PM me if you are serious (like AU$75) about the LXX

ph2t
      Participant

leon, get a visa card and paypal account! That’s all you need.

ph2t.

Admin
      Participant

these things are great and i am the one that controls pork_hunt’s orders atm, glad he got me onto these things great fun and look great.

quite strong to straight out of the box 🙂

icebreaka
      Participant

Wow.. anyone got details on which xmod parts are interchangeable and which not?

z-beam
      Participant

good news!!!

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant
      Quote:
      Wow.. anyone got details on which xmod parts are interchangeable and which not?

Same as mini-Z, not much.

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.