LXX Skyline doesn’t turn left

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

I just got my new LXX Penzzoil Nissan Skyline.

After LOTS of troubleshooting, I finally got it to work, but I have 2 issues I’m hoping someone can help me with.

1. The car doesn’t turn left. The controller seems fine, the car just doesn’t seem to turn left. Is it something loose inside?

2. The clear piece of plastic over the car’s motherboard seems to prevent the car from working when it is firmly snapped into place. But when I loosen or remove the clear plastic piece, it runs perfectly. But of course that leaves the motherboard unprotected. Any tips?

GT-ahh
      Participant

one of the steering wires(tiny enamel ones)might be short circuting..try moving the wires around abit, but be careful they break easily…

Admin
      Participant

I had the steeringproblem with my fake char-g I pulled the whole car apart and nothing fixed it took the controler apart and it worked. I’m not sure how I did it.

Admin
      Participant

I actually took apart the car and I did in fact find that one of the steering wires was not connected to the motherboard. Upon further inspection, the other end of that same wire was not connected to anything either. So I have one whole steering wire not connected to anything.

From observing thegood steering wire, I’m guessing that one end of the disconnected wire should go to the copper thing at the front of the car, and the other end should go somewhere on the motherboard, my best guess is the same location as the connection point for the good steering wire.

Can anyone offer some tips as to how to correct the problem, such as schematics or answers? It’s really really tiny things to work with inside the car.

Thanks in advance!

Admin
      Participant

I checked the car with a microscope and I noticed the source of all my problems. The copper coil appears to have shorted, so it blew the steering wire off.

So I fixed the problem by rewiring around the burned part of the copper coil, and then soldered the other end back to the motherboard at the same location as the good steering wire. Then I tucked awayany stray wires.

And now my LXX Pennzoil Skyline works like a charm. Awesome handling. Terrorized my pet birds with it. One of the birds got pissed, picked up the car, and threw it across the living room. But the car and the bird are ok.

Thanks for reading my questions. Hope my solution might help someone else.

PandaBear
      Participant

The PCB is usually labelled with L/R/F/R, at least the Bit ones. Can’t help you more specifically on clones, there’s too many variations. Common sense would say the contacts are usually close by, on the edge.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.