mad max meets the opera house!

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      betty.k
      Participant

madmaxmod.jpg
      so watta ya think? have i gone too far!?:8ball: http://members.ausmicro.com/memberview.asp?user=betty.k

Edited by – betty.k on 10 December 2003 02:53:12

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

enertec???

Super Max Power
      Participant

What is the design ment to do?

Impreza
      Participant

pics quality looking good betty:)

Is that plastic? and how is it attached?

VooDooMafia
      Participant

Looks like something you would see on Robot wars or Battle bots

micro_Amps
      Participant

Yes definitely Enertec.
      Whats under the cover, my gusee is something that needs air cooling. Lots of cells too perhaps.

(Betty.k if you press “return” between inserting pics in a post, they come out one above the other instead of next to each other. Just makes it easier to view them thats all)

So give us some more info here, whats going on?
      :)uA

betty.k
      Participant

yes it’s an enertec. i’m quite fond of them cos they scream straight out of the box, handle well at high speeds and cost $27.( i’m a tighta8s, don’t actually own a tomy bit!) i’m the kind of person that loves the minimal look, i generally drive my bits with the cover off for weight reduction and looks. but with an enertec the pcb sits right on top, so i needed to add some protection for rollovers. i drive mostly outside on concrete so it happens regularly. i had some acetate lying around and made a paper template by folding in half and cutting little bits off til it looked right. i folded a bit of acetate in half, drew the outline of the template on it, cut it out and painted the inside black. it wraps around the chassis from the top and is attached with 4 tiny screws at the bottom(those little dots between front and rear wheels. sorry, camera phone shots).the rear panel is atached with 2 more screws above the motor.as for what’s inside……… nothing! it’s just stock parts on the inside. i removed the rear lights and moved the front ones back. it does keep the motor and battery a lot cooler. don’t go looking too hard for technical brilliance, i’m very new to this rc/micro rc thing (2 months) but by ristening your teachings, i have brossomed from a tiny sprout, into the mighty twisted willow that stands before you!!
      ps thanks for the tip uA, hope i get it this time!:8ball:
      pps any ideas about what to put in the body?

Edited by – betty.k on 10 December 2003 02:56:43

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

I have an enertec car, but mine doesn’t have the rad, clear stabilus(sp). Is that aftermarket, a glitch in the pictures or just only avalible on certain cars??? (mine is the blue WRX)

titaniumonkey
      Participant

enertec cars??? anyways, nice work there. Very creative. If you switch rthe body around, it would look like a shark fin:D

betty.k
      Participant

no glitch in the pics, the sway bar has been replaced with…….. you guessed it, more acetate! (acetate is just clear plastic sheets, like the plastic stuff your bit came in.) i just cut some out in the shape of the sway bar and inserted a bit of wire to hold it flush to the chassis. a little drop of pva glue on top to stop it moving around and, voila! front suspension. drastically reduces rollovers due to tiny bumps at high speed. more pics of this mod in my gallery
      http://members.ausmicro.com/memberview.asp?user=betty.k
      and yes i know, enertec cars,but c’mon, i gotta start somwhere!:8ball:

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

nothin wrong with enertecs… This is the first time I have ever heard of anyone replacing the sway bar with a customised one.

betty.k
      Participant

i’ve since tried spring suspension and found that the steering was a little sluggish, due to the contact area of the springs. with the springy sway bar the pressure is applied to a tiny point, so the steering moves more freely. let me know if you try this, i’m curious as to how this works for other people in different driving conditions.:8ball:

titaniumonkey
      Participant

I think you misunderstood me. I was wondering what enertec cars are so sorry about not making myself clear. Nice sway bar though.

betty.k
      Participant

no worries tm. enertec cars are sold at tandy and dick smith electronics in melbourne. ( oz version of radio shack) they come with a dual 2.4v nimh batt, 2 speed (forward), front and rear lights, long range (i can get one 30m), longer wheelbase (bcg=30mm. enertec=36mm) and even an on/off switch! but they’re an absolute pain to work on! hardwired motor, have to remove pcb and motor cover(plastic) just to get to the motor and lights glued to the chassis in annoying places!:angry: but they fly -at least 10kph! only 3 body designs ; wrx, pt cruiser, and one so ugly i’m not going to describe it!:8ball:

micro_Amps
      Participant

Ahh yes, the most ugly F1 micro r/c car ever made.

micro_Amps
      Participant
      Quote:
      enertec cars???

TiteMonkey, the enertec cars (in Australia) = micro speed cars (US & Canada)
      At least I think they sell them in Canada, because VDM has one for sale and he’s from Canada.

Impreza
      Participant

Haven’t seen them out my way u. But then again I haven’t quite hit every hobby shop here:) Same body length as the ZZ’s?

titaniumonkey
      Participant

this is going off topic, but do these enertec cars have a controller with two joystick-like things and a charger on the front? I think I saw them at Walmart over here in Canada. Now, I’ll know to buy them

betty.k
      Participant

there’s a little button to press for charging. here’s a close up of a car on charge
      wrxoncharg.jpg
      more pics in my gallery.
      http://members.ausmicro.com/memberview.asp?user=betty.k
      the body length is 65mm for the pt cruiser and about 63mm for the subaru.:8ball:

Edited by – betty.k on 10 December 2003 03:01:02

micro_Amps
      Participant

That pretty much explains it.

titaniumonkey
      Participant

oh…I’ve seen them but they come with generic sports car bodies which are very ugly. Plus, they don’t comw with lights and the motor is not hardwired from where I can get them

Impreza
      Participant

what are they packaged as tm? Will have to check out my local Walmart:)

HACHI-RYOKU
      Participant

I picked up something similar while I was in Hawaii. I think it had “Hot wheels” written on the box. They are pretty fast out of the box. Definately faster than a premodded bit. They are dual cell, but they’re the 1/4aaa, not the 1/3aaa. It also has good range. Mine came with a pickup truck of some sort for a body. It’s pretty ugly. I just picked it up to see what was inside. I’ll have to give it 4 gold stars overall for the actuall electronics, but a 1/2 star for the bodies.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.