Make Bullet Remote Compatible

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

I got my OEM Bullet yesterday and WOW is it fast. I couldn’t believe how similar it was to my Bit. The drive axle, gear shaft locationand gearing are a little different but everything else looks the same. This would be a great way to get some spare parts for $11.00. Like those steering springs. My Bit remote was just opposite the Bullet on the forward Reverse Direction.

No problem. Unsolder the wires going to the motoron the bullet and swap them. Now I can use my Bit remote with either car.

Now to modify the Bullet remote to control correctly. This needs a good picture to describe so I’ll get my friends camera but in short you cut two strips of copper off the circuit borad and run two wires crossing them over.

Now I can control either car with either remote. I have yet to test range and endurance but I got my Bit body to fit on my Bullet. I can’t believe how fast it is.

-Peter

Admin
      Participant

Wow, what a great idea..

my “brainstorm” (sinceI don’t have my Bullet or char-G YET was this… just reverse the steering magnet in the bullet and you should be able to use the Char-G remote with it, but you hold the remote upside down… just a theory.. but your way sounds MUCH easier.. and a better overall “Fix”

Great Job Prabbit!

Admin
      Participant

Reversing the steering and holding up-side-down makes throttle on right and steering on left. I’m sure you could get used to it. Also you couldn’t use the remote that comes with the bullet since the steering will be backward after reversing the magnet. It’s actually a rather simple mod to unsolder the wires going to the motor if you desolder them on the metal tabs instead of the PC board. The tabs are just behind and above the battery. The tabs are part of the metal frameowork around the motor. This simple mod makes the bullets controlable with the bit remote. Then mod the remote and you can use either remote for either car.

The Bullet is SOOOOO fast. I modified my bulled front wheels to accept bit tires by machining the tire ridges a little bit. Now I have a bullet with bit tires, a bit body and a bit remote. Or shall I say I have a bit with a Bullet motor and gears (that’s pretty much what it boils down to). This thing screams! at least twice as fast as 2.2 regular digi.

-Peter

Admin
      Participant

So which remote has better range? The Bit or OEM?

Admin
      Participant

About the same on mine.

Admin
      Participant

can you swap bit motors and gears into the bullet? Is the bullet almost as fast as a digi q?

Admin
      Participant

Why is it faster? Is it the gearing or the motor or both? Is the motor hot-swappable like the tomys? What is the stock motor on it? is it a 2.6?

deejay40

Admin
      Participant

The bullet axle is a little smaller so if you snap it into a bit it will be loose. You can drill out the bullet body to fit bit char-g axles and they work great. The axle gear and secondary gear (like come in the gear set) are identical to the blue gears but the motor on the bullet is mounted a little farther back from the secondary gear. So you can use the bullet motor in a bit if you put the black gear on and it runs like a 2.6 motor. It’s a little tighter fit but it dies work. You can use a bit motor in a bullet but you have to use the white gear that came with the bullet (not the same as white gear that comes with motors) and you have to be sure to push the motor all the way toward the right wheel since the bit motor is a little smaller and has to make contact on the back of the motor. Once you drill out the bullet for a bit axle you cannot use the bullet axle any since it will be loose. I drilled my for the simple fact that the bit wheels and tires are better quality. It seems the bullet is cheaper made and dosn’t have the tight tollerances of a bit. The wheels were making mine bump steer a lot especially since it goes so fast.

I also machined my front bullet wheels to fit bit tires. Since they were made so cheap the ridge around the middle of the wheel wasn’t very square it was kind of rounded so the tire was cupped when I put it on the wheel. After machining it straight (with a very small lathe) the tires fit perfectly sonoe Ican use hard bit tires on front.

Admin
      Participant

Here’s a GOOD PICTURE of the remote mod I made so the bullet and bit remotes are the same. In other words it swaps the forward/reverse control on the bullet.

http://www.geocities.com/pfabersac/bulletboard.html

Of corse you also have to swap the wires on going to the motor in the bullet as described erlier.

After this mod you can use either remote with either car. If you add a switch like I have posted in another toopic you can charge one while playing with the other even though same frequency. Just turn one off while charging

-Peter

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.