make yer own zip zap se batteries

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      betty.k
      Participant

dunno if this helps anyone (i can think of one person:smiley2:) but if you have some enertec batteries or any 1/4AAA batteries, it s easy to do. zip zap se s are powered by 2 x 1/4AAA batteries and they re oriented end to end. most other 2 x 1/4 s are side by side. pictured below is an enertec pack with the outer shrink wrap removed:8ball:

betty.k
      Participant

you’ll notice that there’s a strip of metal connecting the 2, you want to fold the batteries around at this point:8ball:

betty.k
      Participant

and that’s your final product. just trim off the tabs on either end.
      i know it’s a simple thing but it’s hard to explain without pictures.:8ball:

HACHI-RYOKU
      Participant

Well Betty, I have to ask about performance. I recently used these because the original ZZse battery source disapeared. The batteries I used didn’t put out a lot of juice. I got them from an enertec and I tried it in the extremely light HO slot car bit I have. They were slow when compared the dual 1/3aaa, so I put the 1/3’s back in. The original ZZse batts seemed much better. I know nimh is nimh and they don’t really differ from batt to batt, but this might just be one of the exceptions. What do you think?

betty.k
      Participant

to be honest i dunno! talldude should have this battery sometime next week, he’ll be able to give us a review.:8ball:

TallduDe
      Participant

sweet man!

yeah kinda pissed off that radio shack dont sell those batts no more!

this will work betty it has to, if not ill be selling my se for spare parts or throwing it off a cliff with fireworks attached 😀

but let again betty has shown he is a genius when it comes to bits and such

betty.k
      Participant

looks like you’ll have to change your mind! this idea didn’t work out quite as well. as you can see from the pic below, my battery is way longer than the se’s. so my guess is those metal strips will have to be completely removed. even then, those se batteries look smaller than regular 1/4AAA’s. bloody corporate greed!:evil::8ball:

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.