melbourne bit freaks meetup! sunday, 18/1/04

Home Forums General Chat melbourne bit freaks meetup! sunday, 18/1/04

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

a few of us are thinking of getting together this sunday, 18th jan 2004. there could be go carts involved so bring ya fightin’ spirit. we’ll confirm time and place here:8ball:

Edited by – betty.k on 14 January 2004 12:29:05

Participant

I’m in!

*repeat offender puts his hand up*

ms-charg’ed will be making a special interstate apperance as well!

ph2t.

Participant

and for those of you living in a cash free zone like me, come anyway and and we can stand trackside and throw banana peels onto the track!:evil::8ball:

Participant

yep, i’m in melbourne, i finally got acess to the net, well in a public library anyway, it would be great to finally meet up with some of the guys on ausmicro, or anyone else to have a chat or do something, will be here until the 26th or around that time. And for those of us wondering what betty.k means by go karts, there is a place in oakleigh called sidetracked, they got mini golf, dodgems, lasers, and 45km/ph go karts, at a very reasonable price, they also got pool and arcade games so it should be a fun day.

Participant

Yep, count me in !!! Just love those go karts….get outa my way Ph2t blackeye:
      Can one of you please PM or email me the details as we get closer to the day, thanks.
      :)uA

Participant

I think it says “No bumpping allowed”. But there is no rules says that u can’t spin out people in front of ya.:D
      Can’t wait until the meet.
      Here is the link to the go-kart place:
      http://www.sidetracked.com.au/fun/gokarts.htm#

Participant

Pencil me in, but i got a party the night before, so god only knows how stinkin, rotten hungover ill be

Participant

so, we go a place and day, now we should make a time. how does 2 pm sound to everybody?:8ball:

Participant

we gotta call the place. I will call them today and get details of group bookings and post them here. I’ve got commitments in the evening so the closer to midday we can do the better.

ph2t.

Participant

we need like 10 people + to get a group discount, i’ve asked them before, but anyway guys, we don’t need to book, we can go anytime, they have go kart races every 10 minutes, all we have to do is tell them when we want to race, and then they can organise something, i don’t think we’ll have to wait long, anyway, who else is gonna do the full package?, that is lasers mini golf and dodgems

1 x Go-Kart ride
      1 x Laserforce Mission
      1 x Dodgem ride
      1 x Mini-Golf

Rookie Ride Value Pass – $25.90
      Grand Prix Value Pass – $35.90

The rookie karts go approx 30km, so i wouldn’t recommend going on them, and apparently there are 2 circuits, so it would be cool if we can all race each other on the grandprix one, there is a discount if your under 18, so Leon and i won’t have to pay that much, lucky us!!!

GRAND PRIX CIRCUIT

members non-members
      1 Ride $20.00 $23.00
      2 Rides $36.00 $39.00
      3 Rides $49.00 n/a
      4 Rides $59.00 n/a

Each ride is approxamatley 10 to 12 minutes duration.
      Riders are required to hold a Full or Restricted membership.

ROOKIE CIRCUIT

members non-members
      1 Ride $12.50 $14.50
      2 Rides $22.50 $24.50

Each ride is approxamatley 8 to 10 minutes duration.
      For Junior Riders with Advanced Rookie or Rookie membership min. age approx. 10 years. (Parents or Guardian signature required) Adult members are welcome on Rookie rides, however, Speed Restrictions will apply to all drivers.

Membership is as follows

MEMBERSHIP Daily Yearly
      Adult $3 $8
      Junior $2 $5

Valid for 2 years from date of purchase.
      Entitles the holder to:
      Discounted price on all Go-Kart rides. Member only specials and deals. Up grading for all junior drivers. Easy ride allocation and sales.

I recommend you guys get the yearly one, if i lived in melbourne, i’ld go every month, seriously guys, this place is so cool, they got everything a kid at heart, or a boy at heart would need.:smiley2:

Participant

So what time to meet there?
      ph2t, got a portable soldering iron and some FETS to suit a bit :P???

Participant

I rang them up 2day. And they said that Grand Prix karts are only for people who’s 18 or over. Nomatter u got a parent’s signeture or not.
      Which totally sux. Now i only can drive in a different race as you guys and drive 15km/h less than u guys.
      As for a time, i say 10-11am. don’t know if my parent’s will be able to give me a lift though. i live kinda far from that place. could any of u guys can give me a lift from the city to sidetracked? And maybe back to the city after we finished?
      And it’s not just Go-Karts on the day. U can bring ur Bits and show everyone ur new projects, etc.

Participant

11 am sounds good, gives us some time to stop and have lunch, then get back into it.
      What do you guys think…?

Participant

i’m cool with 11:8ball:

Participant

yeah 11am is cool. Leon if you can come to Oakleigh station I could pick you up from there. It sorta defeats the purpose to go all the way into the city. Just Catch the Dandenong line back out when you get to Flinders street.

Pork, sorry man I don’t have a portable soldering iron, but hey, bring a chassis and I could fet mod it during the week and mail it back to you no sweats. We can work something out 🙂

So who else is from Melbourne???? Where is Panda????? Someone PM him to get his act together! 🙂

ph2t.

Participant

awww man, that’d me wicked… Ill be there with bells on. Are you guys bringing toys (Monster bits and FET/dual cell moddod regular bits) or not???

Participant

I’ll bring what I can…..Monster Bit and some other stuff….

Also, I should be getting some stuff from HongKong today and you buggers will have first dibs at some import shells and gear sets…..

ph2t.

Participant

i’ll be bringing a few toys for sure! maybe we can persuade the management to let us have a run on the go cart track!:8ball:

Participant

Cool, Ill bring my monster-z clone-y thing. Kinda hard to explain atm, but it’ll make an appearence.

Participant

Yeah, there might be a few things thrown in the boot.

Participant

Cool.
      SO THe meet is:
      11pm at “Sidetracked Entertainment Centre”.

Participant

errr, umm, I think you mean, 11AM dude…..

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.