melbourne meetup, the aftermath…….

Home Forums General Chat melbourne meetup, the aftermath…….

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

first lemme say my legs are KILLING me!!:dead: man, 2 rounds of laser skirmish and an old unfit bugger like me is history!
      myself, leon li, ms charged, micro amps and ph2t (fatooti!:D)hooked up for a grouse nerdfest at the go cart megaplex! we all had a ball, whole lotta show and tell and 100 mph conversation! it was great to see some things in the flesh for the first time, both stock and modded (and way way modded!) i thought my little monster bit was fast but ua’s dyno sorts the men from tha boyz! i got about 10 kph but leon’s motor torturer was pushing about 17! but ph2t’s monster stomped us all at about 20!!
      ms charged made up for the fact that he was the only sydney rep by talking for the whole state!! he did you boys proud:smiley2: so much more to say but that’s enough from me, take it away fellers!

Participant

Dunno about you punks but I got myself fairly sunburnt! Let that be a lesson to staying outside for 2+ hours in the Melbourne sun!

I was a great day and we had lots of fun! I also got to make whip cream of microamps on the go-karts track. Matter of fact I shat on everyone on that track!:approve:

I’ve got to go out now but I’ll be back later…. Yes kids we took lots of pics and some mad video as well….

Here’s a sampler for now:

group1.jpg

ph2t.

Participant

Yeah I think I got a dud cart, either that or it was stuck in reverse. Right from the get-go it lost pace on Ph2t’s but we both ended up lapping most of the other sunday drivers that were there.
      Lots of fun had on the day, cant wait to see the vids and pics. The above pic was on our ‘intermission’ break (smoko for some) and we ended up covering the table with BIT related stuff. The go-cart staff came out to see if we were drug dealing and ended up being quite interested in what was going on. Passers by had to watch their step as the micro off-roaders (and a fet modded 350Z) did donuts in the dust.
      Days like this are a good way to catch up and put some faces to the names we know from the forums. I can tell you now folks these days are fun and educational, if you see a day like this being organised in your state, get into it and support it. Its a day well spent. The rapid fire conversations didnt stop all day, things were bought and sold, and there is so much to pick up from people because everybody is doing something different with their cars.
      10/10 for the day.
      :)uA

Participant

I am so sorry I flaked. I slept til 12pm, arrived at about 12:30 and then realized I had no way of figuring out who anybody was… I actually went to school with the two guys operating the go-karts…
      Got to fly my Mirage tho. Next time I’ll give out my mobile # or get yours or what not, damn nightwork!!!

Participant

aww, bugger! sorry we missed you party boy! i’m sure this will happen more often though so we’ll definately meet up sometime. i know this prolly makes it worse, but ua brought a nifty little diy bcg plane along too! bit windy to fly though. and don’t let me mention that ducted fan!!:shock: ay caramba!!! :8ball:

Participant

that looks like it would of been a kool day, wish i lived in melbourne, but when i went down to brissy i meet up with peedee that was kool we talked for abit, i showed him some of my bit bodys.

Participant

OK then, here’s some more shots of tha freaks in action!

Some more show and tell….

group2.jpg

The offroad collection of betty’s and mine. Well basically, they’re all betty’s except for the single monster that’s mine. Also is an arse shot of leon’s palm runner clone Skyline…

group3.jpg

Ms-charged trying to figure out if his digi-q i working. Like he should know by now, lol…..

group4.jpg

So many toys…..mmmmmmm, toys…….

group5.jpg

What are these d1ckheads looking at?

group6.jpg

Edited by – ph2t on 18 January 2004 23:54:37

Participant

Push those boundries!!!!

One thing a lot of us got into was taking our bits out for a serious spin in the dirt. Here’s the casualties of that little exercise.

I gotta say that Betty’s car shown below was the best car of the day! period! The way she handled everything was just beautiful.

Here’s micro’s dual cell 350A, nice bloody car!

Here’s my little TRUCK!!!

Even more pics will be posted (you got it, yeah!) Also gonna get some videos done finaly!

cheers(tired)
      ph2t.

Edited by – ph2t on 19 January 2004 00:06:56

Participant

aww, shucks:blush: now don’t sell yourself short, that little monster flies offa those steps! more balls than a julian clary after party!:D and that one of ua’s was a single cell and keeping up with the dualies, even beating some! and that shell was fresh outta the box before the circlework session in the dirt!:shock:
      pics turned out great, can’t wait for more. make sure you post a pic of leon’s stability wings, ingeneous and simple (all the best mods are!) method of keeping those buggers upright.
      and yeah, what ua said. get something going, might take a couple of goes, but being face to face with fellow members is a great experience. everyone’s got different ideas, and ways of solving things. you don’t have to have all the tricked up parts, or fancy mods. if we all turned up with stock clones, we still woulda had a blast! so just post something like “i’m gunna be in the city on saturday, and i’ll be packin’ a bit!”, and see what happens:8ball:

Participant

good to see you had a good time.

that hot lookin s2000 usin’ foamys? did oyu get them from a pen grip or are they tamiya 4wd rims and tyres??

Participant

Sounds like you boys had a blast:) thanks for the pics ph2t.

Participant

z beam, they’re just pen grips i got individually at my local newsagent, 50c a pop!:p here’s a pic with a tomy 1.6 for scale reference

http://community.webshots.com/photo/106374225/109608495PtjOCy

the rims are from a hot wheels tunerz i bought at target, track one down if you can:8ball:

Participant

Can we get some pixelation for the photo’s ?
      Those pictures are scarey ! 🙂

Participant

wow sounds like you guys had a blast of a time! since the rest of us back at ausmicro central didnt get the chance to meat you friendly folks, how about putting some names to those faces:)

Participant

Ahh, lets just keep it all a mystery.
      :)uA

Participant

oh…and if anyone wondering where is ph2t…he took the pictures.

Participant

Finally the video is done!

Check it out! It’s very cool!

http://www.users.bigpond.com/matt.marcos/bit_g/bitheads/final_video_muxed.avi

You need the have DivX loaded to view it. Get it free from http://www.divx.com

ph2t.

Participant

nice video ph2t, nice commentary, nice music, nice driving. overall, great video.

Participant

thanks mate, we had a lot of fun making it!

It’s a pity I didn’t take the real video camera down there for the day. I was using my bro’s digital camera…..

still, the quality wasn’t to bad!

ph2t.

Participant

nice vid ya got there,betty’s s2000 and ur monster really fly.

Participant

they sure do!

Participant

the vid came out really well. the Yoshi is definitely on drugs(just ask the driver:p.

Participant

damn man those things fly!

cant believe how stable betty.K’s bit is. niceeeeeeeeeeee

Participant

Love the video, just makes me regret it more. My monster-z thing probably would have kicked ass in the dirt!!!

Participant

Ok, here’s some more eye candy from the meet.

Here’s one of leonli’s chassis he brought to the meet. He’s got this simple but very effective anti-roll mod thing going on the sides of his dual cell beast!

Next we have Microamps’ modded 4chan controller with “extension sticks” lol….

This peak charger of Micro’s absolutely rocks! We all used it on the day!

Here’s mscharg-ed’s digi-q. Talk about small!

And here’s all our beauties! Too many to list!

ph2t.

Participant

What an awesome idea leonli

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.