Melbourne Mini-Z super speedway! – Oct 17 2009, Box Hill, Melbourne

Home Forums Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods and other Mini-Scale Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods – Discussion Melbourne Mini-Z super speedway! – Oct 17 2009, Box Hill, Melbourne

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      whtang
      Participant

Melbourne Mini-Z super speedway! – Oct 17 2009, Box Hill, Melbourne

Time to dust off those iwaver’s and miniZ’s you have laying around cos OUR RCP TRACK has finally LANDED!! So we are hiring a hall set this baby up! yes an INDOOR MINIZ venue!

Date: Saturday Oct 17 2009
      Time: 11:30 setup, 12:30pm-4pm racing, 4pm teardown and cleanup
      Venue: Canaan International College Sports Hall, 15 Hay Street, Box Hill Vic 3128
      http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=15+Hay+Street,+Box+Hill+Vic+3128&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&gl=au&ei=Q-_GSuT-GJCpkAWc7Pk1&hq=&hnear=15+Hay+St,+Box+Hill+South+VIC+3128&t=h&z=16

Classes: open 1:28 scale (this is the first meet, so just friendly casually racing like at gigspeed)
      Entry: $20 per racer (first meetup so this is voluntary to encourage new comers, but we hope people pitch in to help us cover hall hire costs)

This is the going to be the first meetup of the Melbourne 1:28 racing club.. so come along and have some fun.
      The plan is to hire a place once every two months to hold a large track event and to possibly to host the HFAY Large scale events as per the HFAY schedules.
      We need a name for this 1:28 scale racing club which will use when hosting HFAY events, so post your suggestions in this thread!
      (ausmicro racers? melbourne MiniZ racers? M^2 racers?)

We have power on site, and we will be using the ilap timing system. There will be a limited number of spare parts onsale for iwaver’s and miniZ.

We’ve got enough track to build large layouts.. and there are a heap of layouts on the saltlake mini-Z site that we have drooled over for years..
      We are tossing up between layout.. 5A-1 and 5A-3
      http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/forum/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=155;u=1

Post your vote in this thread for which layout you would like to see on Oct 17th!!

Post here with questions or email us at melb.miniz@gmail.com
      Hope to see you all there! :beer:

blurrc
      Participant

Wow that is gonna be sweat. *Kicks myself in the a$$ for not being in Melbourne*

Out of the two tracks I would defiantly go for 5A-1. I personally like 5A-6 but 5A-1 would probably be better.

How about the โ€˜Super Fast and Crazy Ausmicro Endorsed Speedway for Mini-Z and I-Waverโ€™… But seriously ‘Ausmicro Speedway’ sounds good to me.

betty.k
      Participant

oh snap!! count me in!!

as for the name, in the illeagal bike race scene we call melbourne “burn city” as in melburn.

so how’s “burn city mini z” sound?

track layout? i don’t care, just so long as we get a meaty straight to show off our modified rigs!:D :8ball:

z-beam
      Participant

burn city mini drag strip! ๐Ÿ™‚

whtang
      Participant

hmm.. I can picture it now on HFAY “burn city miniz” as a club name … :smiley16:

if any of you folks in syd/qld/etc are in melb for a weekend.. let us know in advance and we’ll see if we can setup one of the hfay tracks while your in town.. :beer:

blurrc
      Participant

I might be coming down to melbourne after christmas or early next year.

Also do you reckon it would be alright to race a micro t?

whtang
      Participant

dunno how the micro-t handles on RCP.. but yer.. your welcome to race it with us casually..:beer:
      i don’t think hfay will recognise it though..

btw gents.. i’ve updated the “entry fee” to be voluntary to encourage new comers.. last thing we want is to make ppl think we are trying to make a buck when really all we are trying to do is cover the cost of hall hire :smiley16:

merc-blue
      Participant

I was thinking somthing similar to Blur
      no Zs in the house at the moment. but would a RCP track with a few little jumps thrown in for fun. give people enough incentive to pull out microTs to race?

are the guys from gigspeed on this forum?

betty.k
      Participant

this IS the gigspeed forum!!:D :8ball:

whtang
      Participant

coupla days to go…
      I think it will be the 5A-1 layout this time…
      one of the guys has tested the lap timer and its working well..

i’ve posted to a few other forums but response has been dead quiet so I guess it will just be the gigspeed regulars at this event.. :beer:

whtang
      Participant

hey betty!
      can you call ph2t and let him know about this saturday? also a guy in another thread is chasing him down for a trade he made.

betty.k
      Participant

will do and seen that ๐Ÿ˜‰ :8ball:

ph2t
      Participant

I’ll try and get there today. Trade has been sorted too.

Cheers,

ph2t.

whtang
      Participant

more to come..

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Admin.
      • This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Avatar photoAaron. Reason: Add Attachment
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      whtang
      Participant

more pics as promised….

unloading 15 boxes of RCP and our lap timer..

before construction beings…

the build begins..

the track taking shape..

whtang
      Participant

almost done..

final touches..

whtang
      Participant

the completed track!

betty.k
      Participant

that was an awesome day, well worth the 2 hours it took to set up!

my legs were killing me a couple of days later from all that crawling around!

big thanks to whtang and all the gigspeed crew for spending 10 million dollars on a real rcp track!:D :8ball:

whtang
      Participant

yeah!! talking about aching legs! i had the same!

keep Saturday December 5th free.. this will probably when we hold our next event… 11am-6pm.. hopefully we can get 5hrs track time.

now we know how to put it together a bit better we hope to setup within 1hr-1.5hrs… ๐Ÿ™‚

Kerosene
      Participant

Wow.

I might have to time my visits to Melbourne to coincide with your track days. That’s a fantastic looking setup. ๐Ÿ˜€

kevsta
      Participant

That looks awesome. Were there many people racing on the day ?

I’m tempted to fly down and back.

betty.k
      Participant

not a lot of people, about 8 of us racing. as it was the first time it was more of a practice run but still tons of fun! :8ball:

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.