melbourne, wanna break more toys? 28/11.

Home Forums General Chat melbourne, wanna break more toys? 28/11.

Viewing 60 reply threads
  • Author
      betty.k
      Participant

so who’s up for another fun filled day at templestowe? i’m not sure if it’s a club day as the tftr site is down. if it is it’s no big deal with daylight savings. so how’s sunday, november 28th sound?:8ball:

leonli17
      Participant

I’m in. It’s been a long time without a meet. Come everyone, join in.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I’d love to be in but merh…

PandaBear
      Participant

Just an odd thought, but seeing that I think it was a TFTR raceday today (14th) the next one is probably on the 28th. blackeye:

You boys ever interested in seeing some big Big BIG trucks whacking the dirt??

I think the Melbourne AUSRC mob were talking about getting together for a ‘bash’ on the 28th. Interested in tagging along?

I’ll keep snooping and update you guys on where/when. :smiley16:

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

zoomer to the rescue :smiley16:

Where the heck are they going?

Bash day sounds awesome fun…

z-beam
      Participant

i’ll be down melbourne way for sunday the 12th…

betty.k
      Participant

hmmm, bash day sounds interesting!:p more info please!:8ball:

leonli17
      Participant

Yep,let’s go BASHING.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

with what? you’re all onroad boys!

betty.k
      Participant

<= what does that say?!:smiley2::8ball:

merc-blue
      Participant

yeah 28th is the final of the peter steven masters (at TFTR).. ill be racing there so cant join you. sorry guys

ph2t
      Participant

so what got another date? I still wanna do onroad stuff…

ph2t.

merc-blue
      Participant

yeah im happy to put the xray through some laps.. any time.. im thinking about rejoining 1:28.. or 1:18 soon aswell :8ball:

ph2t
      Participant

is there any other date that is cool?

z-beam
      Participant

the 12th of december:smiley2:

leonli17
      Participant

This Sunday? 21st November

merc-blue
      Participant

as i said im free from school unless im working blackeye: ill be ther 😀

kitsune
      Participant

Not free 21st or 1st weekend of December, jumping of cliffs, the 28th was a good date for me, but not keen on seing what 1:10’s will do to my miniz if they come together so I’ll stay off the track, as for my miniz I’s finally gained some speed and looks like it will be fun to play with, unfortunately it’s now also lost the front right spring after investigating a wall 1/3 of the way around the track at Boronia, killed the tie-rod too (again) I really need to think about putting a body on it at some point. are there any alternate venues we could use on the 28th?

merc-blue
      Participant

28th BRCC with be EMPTY as… every one will be at TFTR

kitsune
      Participant

I’d be happy with Boronia, anyone else?

Edit: Lol less than 2 hours after I posted this I’ve be asked to help out with an abseiling tower in Coburg on the 28th, oh well first in best dressed 🙂
      Besides I’ve come up with a name for my chassis (Its names after a man made monster who is just as beautiful and well assembled as my car 🙂
      I got silly and put the Lithium batts ph2t supplied me with into it on the iwaver pcb [stacked fets, but no nelly 🙁 ] and it works, the runtime is shorter than Nimh 5 cells, but the initial speed is higher, no smelly smoke so far …

Which brings up a prob, what’s the best way to attach foam tyres to rimes and are there any handy tips, even on the Nimh 5 cell I can see daylight inbetween the tyres and the rims if I pick it up and give it some stick 🙂

Anyways hopefully we’ll have a few more say yes otherwise I might have to go abseiling, but I’d rather catch up with the rest of you 🙂

Edited by – kitsune on 17 November 2004 10:05:06

betty.k
      Participant

hmm, we’re all over the place aren’t we!:D
      we should lock in the 12th of dec for something as z beam will be in town.
      this sunday’s out for me, working:8ball:

kitsune
      Participant

12th looks workable to me, plus it would be a shame not to roll out the carpet for z beam 🙂

(and hopefully by then I’ll have a few more bits to add to my car to increase the chances of it completing a lap 🙂 1/3 of a lap at BRRCC then into a wall lost a spring and a few washers, but until then it got a little respect from a few of the 1:10’s there (Unfortunately I wasn’t driving, or perhaps fortunately as my driving sux, the smoother surface at templestowe might suit it better) anyways till then 🙂

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Hmmm boronia sucks…

Don’t even thing about running a Z there, you will be disappointed, it’s even bumpy for a 1/10 car, a Z or X would hate it.

kitsune
      Participant

Yeah my mini-z wasn’t too happy, but still if I can get it to the point where it can do a lap at boroina then other tracks like templestowe should be smooth going 🙂

merc-blue
      Participant

ive never raced at brcc casue its so far away but im going up there for some sick drifting action on the 21st.. ne one avalible should rock on down with the 1:10s or would love to see them enameld wheels on the xmod drifting down there trent 😀

betty.k
      Participant

will i need a passport?:D:8ball:

ph2t
      Participant

you idiot….

z-beam
      Participant

cheers fellas!

so this boronia place is a bit rough? how rough are we talking?

kitsune
      Participant

ashphelt I think, not the reallt smooth stuff either (I’m going of memory here, so I could be wrong, I never really bothered paying that much attention to the surface, I was more interested in my car, If I’ve got it wrong, and I may well have could someone please correct me) … I need foam tyres on the front to steer, otherwise the tires bounce alon to the point that when I try to break hard by hitting reverse the care doesn’t slow down it just swaps ends and keeps going, looks like a impressive manover that i’ve spent ages perfecting 🙂 unfortunately it’s just how the car reacts on that surface, I’ts the first place where i’ve neaded foam tyres on the front.

z-beam
      Participant

what scale are you talkin kitsune?

if its that bumpy it sounds like a day would be wasted attemting to race! sounds like when i get there (the 6th) i should take every oppurtunity to scope out a nice smooth and big enough racing area.

all we need is a bunch of litre bottles filled with water to race around, if the tracks in melbourne are all suited to larger than z and x-mod scale.

i’ll be staying in coburg at a freinds place, anyone live out that way?

leonli17
      Participant

zbeam, another 1/10 track suits MiniZ and Xmod perfectly(except most of us in melbourne doesn’t have Zs anymore). It’s TFTR in Templestowe

betty.k
      Participant

i recommend templestowe, the surface is really smooth, not quite 1:64 scale smooth but there are no problems with 1:28’s (except those pesky barriers keep jumping in front of me!) it’s a good day there because even if there’s a meet on and you have to wait to get some track time there’s plenty of rc thrills and spills to entertain anyone:8ball:

z-beam
      Participant

so we are meeting up at templestowe then?

who does have a mini-z still?

what other scales do the melbourne crew race with?

can i bring beer to the track?

leonli17
      Participant

We have been always meet at Templestowe so the next one will be there too.
      Ken still has Z, my Z is in pieces and i don’t think it’s gonna be finished until the end of the year.
      Other scales include 1/18 and 1/10.
      As for bring beer, never heard any rules that u can’t.

merc-blue
      Participant

bassicaly bring anything non nitro 1;28 and up there will probly be some xmods and mini-z’z around a few 1:18s and a few 1:10s as for beer unless cops wanna get you on the fact ur drinking in public (the track is public)

kitsune
      Participant

Mini-Z, well modified iwaver 🙂 and if you have a choice definately go to templestowe instead of boronia, I think the only reason boronia was suggested was because templestowe was going to be busy on one of the days suggested.

betty.k
      Participant

1:64, 1:28 and 1:10 over here. drink all you want BUT, it’s a looooong walk to find a toilet!:8ball:

z-beam
      Participant

only going to bring a 6-pack to share around…

thanx for the info guys! so who am i going to get to meet?

betty.k
      Participant

well i wanna be there. dec 12th? i’ll put it in the diary:smiley2::8ball:

leonli17
      Participant

OK. We go on the 12th december.
      zbeam: u will meet

me(leonli17)
      betty.k
      Ph2t
      ken_leung
      merc-blue
      kitsune

that’s all i can remember

merc-blue
      Participant

yeah ill b there i wont have much else besides my 1:10 to run.. the things so bloody expensive

merc-blue
      Participant

guys 12 DEC its a race meet at TFTR

z-beam
      Participant

so this means its going to be a day of watching for us then?

betty.k
      Participant

well not really. they usually finish up around 4 – 5pm and it’s not dark until about 8pm. so there’s still time to get a run or two in:8ball:

merc-blue
      Participant

yeah.. you really cant get a race in while there racing.. although i may be racing :smiley16:

z-beam
      Participant

what other local attractions are close by?

so a late afternoon meetup then?

leonli17
      Participant

What? SO Dec 12th is a race day for the 1/10th?

merc-blue
      Participant

yeah.. the final round of the season so there wil be LOTS of people there

leonli17
      Participant

That’s it. Might as well go and race for the first time on the day.

z-beam
      Participant

is there any decent space for us to muck around on nearby, i wouldnt want to interfere with any racing going on with crossed channels e.t.c.

leonli17
      Participant

People, i might not be able to go to the meet. The drift race at calder park is on the same day.

Kerosene
      Participant

Is anyone going to Templestowe on Sunday (12th Dec)?

ph2t
      Participant

betty, z-beam and myslef will be there approx 5-6pm. I was gonna be there earlier but I’ve got a family thing to goto. So I’m gonna pick the fellas up and we’ll be there about that time.

not sure about the other peeps, I think merc-blue will be there all day racing his 1:10 stuff.

you gotta come kero!

cheers mate,

ph2t.

Kerosene
      Participant

I’m going to be there around 12ish – I’ll be over that way and thought I’d check out the 1:10s.

I can probably come back later in the day though.

I wanna buy some alloy stuff.. which means I gotta break some plastic stuff 😀

micro_Amps
      Participant

Damn, I’d love to come and have a sticky, I didnt realise this thread had re-started for the 12/12.
      Got rellies coming over and thats the end of the afternoon for me. I’ll be thinking of you all tho.

betty.k
      Participant

thanks to daylight savings it will be light til about 8:30 and i’m guessing we’ll be there still! so if you’re free then head on down!:smiley2:

z beam’s coming around to my place (camberwell) at about 2, anyone is welcome but you gots to pm to get my address, i’ll be online tomorrow (dang! i mean today!)so i’ll check my pm’s:8ball:

Edited by – betty.k on 12 December 2004 22:56:41

z-beam
      Participant

i’ll be seein you guys tommorrow then!

betty.k
      Participant

well if it was a race day it must have been way early! kitsune arrived at about 4 and there was no one there until about 7 when z beam, ph2t and myself arrived. daylight savings rocks!:D we got some good driving in and poor ol zb got a taste of melbourne when i sliced through his z with the xmod!:dead:
      the camaro looks hot in person, luckily it didn’t get track time!
      so it was a good day, it’s always fun to meet an interstate member. hopefully we can get together again some time:smiley16::8ball:

kitsune
      Participant

Actually I arrived closer to 5:30, but still deserted or what … I was worried that there would be a bunch of 1:10’s left at the track, on that note I too welcomed z-beam to melb (ran over his mini-z with my 1:10 (sorry))
      His mini-z was invisible at about 8:30 onwards I don’t know how he managed to get it around the track.

For the 1st time my 1:10 survived unscathed 🙂

Frankinstein – my modded Iwaver did well, form about 17kph on the speed checker when I went to my first meet it’s gone up to 60kph 😀 and with a bumper bar which ph2t correctly identified as being a bit from a computer I wasn’t afraid to run it around the track, unfortunately I can’t get a shell to fit at the mo, and when the bumper slipped under a gap beneth one of the wood “walls” along the main straight (at near top speed) I broke my 3rd tie rod (no probs, I can replace it with the alloy ones I have) then I realised I managed to break my 1st servo gear, looks like I need some more parts …

Still until then frankie had been going well (if steering a little erraticly.

Oh and templestow is smooth if your car can only do 17 on a speed checker, when it can do 60 there are massive bumps in the surface, the small ridge along the main straight is almost a jump 🙂

moral: there is always more work to do on your car …

Great catching up with the guys, but it was a pity there wern’t more there to welcome z-beam.

z-beam
      Participant

it was all good fellas! it was great to meet ph2t,betty and kitsune. woulda been good to meet more of the melbourne crew but im sure the hobby will still be strong for the trip next year! hopefully i’ll even get down there earlier…

my mr01 is one tuff b@stard surviving all that punishment, on a track as big as templestowe i think i caused more damadge to my own car in one afternoon than in a whole year (nearly) of owning it…

next time your there guys check out the car park of the nursury across the road… smooth as the track and nice speed bumps/jumps for the madforce!

peteWah
      Participant

I realy want to send you these shells Z beam, there would be no hurry on the work that needs to be done.
      You can have some cash and a Tamiya Torque Tuned that you wanted, I remeber reading at some point for the Cammaro you wanted 1
      And i will give you back the green stuff If i get the nod from you (nothing sinister here people) PM me please:smiley2:

P.s will you be in Berry or Biron for Christmas:smiley2::):smiley2:

Viewing 60 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.