• Author
      demonajy
      Participant

Anyone seen these available in Aus ?

http://sci-toys.com/my_toys/aeroace.html

Could be fun for buzzing the cat…or wife:smiley15:

Kerosene
      Participant

I haven’t seen them anywhere.. they look pretty fun for the price.

I’m still trying to find a reason to get a Butterfly… only USD $240 :big:
      butterfly.gif

demonajy
      Participant

$240us…Holy jeepers..
      Hate to crash it..looks a little fragile.

But it flys nice,
      http://plantraco.com/hobbies/product-video.html

Kerosene
      Participant

wattage_microflyer_34.jpg

The Wattage Microflyer is available in Australia – around $60 I think. The few people I know who have flown them all reckon they’re pretty good fun.

TallduDe
      Participant

get the butterfly because its cool what other reason do u need??

i heared the aero ace is good but needs slight mds to make it fly really well, but its worth it for the money.

only down point is that you have to fly it in no wind at all, i guess another good reason to fly in doors all the time.

trash
      Participant

$240 !!! ouch !!!

There was a new micro plane that I saw in honkers for $20 that looks very similar to the one kerosene has posted, but it is a biplane, with 2 motors and slightly shorter wingspan. They are indestructable… I saw the demo bounce off the ground and keep flying.

trash
      Participant

.edited….

merc-blue
      Participant

the 2 motor one is a airhogs areoace/siverlit X twin and they are the current entry level plane, and grea tfun and you can tweak them to be quite decent flyers the microflyer is rubbish the wattage rockie is better but needs more room
      after that you can either build your own or buy a plantraco butterfly or similar, the 240USD price tag on the butterfly is acctually quite reasonable when you work out what you get in them, i have just built a sub 10g model which cost me a fair bit less, and with similar characteristics, except not in a nice neat package and a fair bit heavyer also i had to do alot of electronics work for the ESC actuators etc and calculating out how much of what can go were..
      if you have lots of money you can go sub gram, im pretty sure the lightest known is .7g flying weight pretty sweet

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.