Mini Cooper M03 Shell Painting

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion Mini Cooper M03 Shell Painting

Viewing 113 reply threads
  • Author
      kevsta
      Participant

I ve built my m03, now I m up to painting the mini cooper shell. But am lost when it comes to masking and painting.

The roof needs to be painted white, the wheel guards and sideskirts black, the front grill silver and the rest of the body blue.

Which area should I paint first. The roof ?, then mask it all off, do the wheel guards/sideskirts and front grille with a brush, then spray the inside with blue ? Will the blue show up behind the silver ?

Any help appreciated.

PandaBear
      Participant

Paint darker colours first, white comes last.

Silver is usually pretty opaque, but pretty hard to paint with a brush (brush marks show up). PS12 Tamiya spray is the best coverage.

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:
      Paint darker colours first, white comes last.

Silver is usually pretty opaque, but pretty hard to paint with a brush (brush marks show up). PS12 Tamiya spray is the best coverage.

Okay, I have tamiya mask the one that looks like sticky tape, but for large surfaces what do I need to buy from the hobby shop to mask it off ?

TallduDe
      Participant

but if your using a brush for the fenders with black paint how many coats do you need to apply so that when you spray later on with a spray can it dont show up and through the black? is it 3 or 4?

im trying to work out how to do the roof aswell kev let us know what you get to cover up that thing.

PandaBear
      Participant

You can use any masking tape.

Scotch/3M makes some good ones; the best is Tamiya’s own yellow masking tape or the Scotch/3M blue one (car paintshops use it). Good tape gives clean lines!

You can buy cheaper tape (beige stuff) to fill in the rest, after you line the edges with the expensive stuff.

betty.k
      Participant

or tape a peice of paper or plastic over the larger areas.
      my 1:10 bodies only got 2 coats of paint and that’s all they needed. like pb said, dark colour first.:8ball:

kevsta
      Participant

Thanks for the help guys. This is what I’ll plan to do hopefully it won’t be too much work.

1. Mask off body portion next to wheel guards and side skirts.
      2. Paint wheel guards and side skirts with black pc paint, several coats with brush.
      3. Mask off body portion of front grill.
      4. Paint front grill with silver/chrome pc paint, several coats with brush.
      5. Remove Masking in points 1 & 3.
      6. Mask off front grill, all windows, and Roof.
      7. Paint body with blue pc paint spray can.
      8. Remove roof mask.
      9. Mask body around roof.
      10. Paint roof with white paint.
      11. Remove all masking.

I envy those people that can do those fancy air brush designs…

🙂

betty.k
      Participant

me too!:smiley2:

i’m no expert but here’s what i would do:

1. mask everything first, leaving the “blue” section clear. paint it blue. you can go a bit thick and messy as the outer side won’t show all those surface blemishes like “orange peel” and drips.

2. remove the roof mask and paint the whole thing white (so all the blue is covered.

3. remove the wheel mask and do your black guards. (try to stay on the guards, no need to go everywhere)

4. remove the grille mask and paint silver (again, just the grille.)

5. remove the window mask and bash it til it dies!:D

the most important part is the white layer. it should stop any of the black silver showing through to the outside. do 2 white coats if you wanna be sure.:8ball:

Edited by – betty.k on 21 February 2005 21:00:26

TallduDe
      Participant

or you can buy a tamiya decal sheet with the union jack for the roof :smiley2:

i like the look of the union jack so ill get it, but ill paint the roof white anyway knowing my driving skills(or lack of) it will come off lol

merc-blue
      Participant

i would do alot more than 2 coats.. i tend to do about 10 thin coats it gives u a arsome covering and solid flawless colour

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:
      me too!:smiley2:

i’m no expert but here’s what i would do:

1. mask everything first, leaving the “blue” section clear. paint it blue. you can go a bit thick and messy as the outer side won’t show all those surface blemishes like “orange peel” and drips.

2. remove the roof mask and paint the whole thing white (so all the blue is covered.

3. remove the wheel mask and do your black guards. (try to stay on the guards, no need to go everywhere)

4. remove the grille mask and paint silver (again, just the grille.)

5. remove the window mask and bash it til it dies!:D

the most important part is the white layer. it should stop any of the black silver showing through to the outside. do 2 white coats if you wanna be sure.:8ball:

Edited by – betty.k on 21 February 2005 21:00:26

You’re a legend.

That’s sounds bloody good to me.

I’m off to the hobby shop to buy some spray paint.

🙂

mini-g
      Participant

ok…i did my first tamiya mini body this way, first hand painted the black guards, tape the roof(this can be tricky due to how it is molded)or you can do it first, you DONT HAVE TO PAINT DARK TO LIGHT EVERY TIME!!!!!! then do your main colour then the roof, or what ever way you feel easiest doing it. 4 or 5 light coats will do for any colour. hope this helps????? prob confused you even more
      :D:) hope to see it next sunday.

BIG DAVE

TallduDe
      Participant

just a bit of advice needed for me guys.

if i put a thin layer of silver down then paint over it with blue would the blue come out through the silver?

merc-blue
      Participant

yes it probly would

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:
      just a bit of advice needed for me guys.

if i put a thin layer of silver down then paint over it with blue would the blue come out through the silver?

I’m doing what betty and mini-g said. I’ve masked the windows, roof, front grill and sides of the wheel arches/side skirts. This took me about 4 hours to do with tape and hobby knife.

I’ve hand painted the wheel arches/side skirts black, several coats so that brush marks don’t show.

If I get time tommorow, I’m going to spray a few coats of blue. remove the masking on the front grill and hit the front with silver, then finally remove the masking tape from the roof and hit the whole shell with several coats of white.

merc-blue
      Participant

yeah thats the way.. once ur all done.. i would suggest leaving the window masks on and doing a thick coat (via many thin coats) of white to protect ur paint from wheel rubbing or internal scraches

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      …thick coat (via many thin coats) of white to protect ur paint from wheel rubbing or internal scraches

use tape – gaffer tape, PVC tape, electrical tape…

No paint is immune to friction. 👿

merc-blue
      Participant

yeah but it helps.. the other trick i have picked up is do teh top of your wheel wells with some ofcuts of polycarb and some shoo goo which would help strengthen them.. and any were where a body shell normally cracks

kevsta
      Participant

Hey, here’s an update… my first lexan paint job… woo hoo.

Thanks for all the advice and help !

Now for the stickers….

🙂

TallduDe
      Participant

that is very nice man!

too bad you will race it. :smiley2:

betty.k
      Participant

good work! that turned out just as you said it would. and that aint easy!:smiley2::8ball:

merc-blue
      Participant

sweet looking mini..

peteWah
      Participant

Good Job,
      Like mini-g said, cant wait to see the thing in action down the park :):):smiley2:

TallduDe
      Participant

i think he will keep that 1 as a shelf item wouldnt you?

ill show you guys what a real mini suppose to look like on sunday all beat up and lots of dings in it! lol

kevsta
      Participant

Yeah, after all the time spent on it, I think it might be a display shell. So far it’s taken:

1 hour cutting/dremel the lexan body
      4 hours masking tape body prep.
      4 hours painting over several days – bloody paint fumes.
      ? hours putting decals on…

$35 worth of tamiya paint.

I’ll get a frewer mini body for racing – they don’t come with any decals, so I’ll just slap 2 different tones of paint on it and be done with it.

betty.k
      Participant
      Quote:
      i think he will keep that 1 as a shelf item wouldnt you?

no!:D:8ball:

merc-blue
      Participant

frewer minis do come with decals..ii would STRoNGLY suggest one, the tamiyas dont last eg 1 race and its gone only reason u would run one is for TCS

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:
      frewer minis do come with decals..ii would STRoNGLY suggest one, the tamiyas dont last eg 1 race and its gone only reason u would run one is for TCS

Thanks for that Merc. I called the aussie distributor down in adelaide and they said that it didn’t (perhaps it was the last one they had in stock). But I sure hope it does come with all the decals and window masking. They’re a hard item to find…
      🙂

mini-g
      Participant

castle hill raceway has them in stock kev… just pop up on friday night and get one.

BIG DAVE

dgs73
      Participant

and they do have the decals in the bag, i’m certain i saw them in there… Kev; glad i’m only doing one colour, so i dont have 4 hours of masking to look forward to, but i did cut out my body last night (S15 Sylvia) and it took about an hour and a half or so, with the wings and such. Who knows how long the decals are going to take me, they’re not die-cut!! (not that i expected that…) I might have to start a “first time painting body” topic shortly…:smiley2: Coming along nicely though…:approve:

Edited by – dgs73 on 09 March 2005 10:59:53

TallduDe
      Participant

so castle hill is a track and has a hobby store on site aswell aye?

my mini’s paint job is qik cheep and nasty but hey ive always been into racing my cars not presentation. thats my excuse for lack of skill and patients.

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:
      castle hill raceway has them in stock kev… just pop up on friday night and get one.

BIG DAVE

Excellent. Also how much are they ? Kellets have them for $35.

9pm not too late to show up ? Wouldn’t mind checking out the racing as well.

Cheers.

:smiley16:

dgs73
      Participant

this is the case… only minor parts, ie. tyres, inserts, bodies, spur and pinion gears, afew other bits ‘n bobs… usually a few things for sale through the racers too, you’ll see fliers up from time to time… that’s how i got my TC3… with the type of work i’m in at least i should be able to do a half decent job on my painting without too much hassle…

dgs73
      Participant

Kev; if you want to race you’d have to be there by 6:30-7:00pm, would be good to see you guys there!!

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:
      Kev; if you want to race you’d have to be there by 6:30-7:00pm, would be good to see you guys there!!

Damn… I don’t get home till around 8pm… then it’ll take me a good 40 minutes to drive up to castle hill from where I am.

Would’ve been good for a race though.

Talldude won the finals last Sunday…

dgs73
      Participant

sweet… good stuff TD!! Shame your not able to get ther earlier, but registration closes at 7ish… we’re usually there till about 12am or so… sometimes it runs longer, but not much. Bring a jumper if you’re coming, it can get cool out that way later in the evening…

Edited by – dgs73 on 09 March 2005 14:32:55

mini-g
      Participant
      Quote:
      Quote:

BIG DAVE

Excellent. Also how much are they ? Kellets have them for $35.

9pm not too late to show up ? Wouldn’t mind checking out the racing as well.

Cheers.

:smiley16:

yeah 9pm will be fine, just in time for the finals. think the mini’s are $35 there too, no more than that. hopr to see you there.

TallduDe
      Participant

talldudemini0rf.jpg

this is my mini in action, the yellow is a good racing colour as it actually allows me to see the thing in action!

kevsta
      Participant

That’s very nice. Photo looks like you’re drifting around the corner.

*LOL* front body pin shows you were in a hurry to get some run time.

😀

TallduDe
      Participant

lol

whoops ahh who cares it was still fun to drive it pitty i didnt get much of a runtime missed out on getting more time due to me rocking up late to free practice.

will perfect the mini next time i swear kev!

dgs73
      Participant

looking good TD… that’d be easy to see no matter how many people on the track!!

kevsta
      Participant

Looks like I’ve stuffed up applying the decals on my m03 shell, got air bubbles, rips and wrinkles… It’s quite hard applying the front headlights on without any wrinkles for some strange reason. There’s got to be a special technique of some sort. Do they need to be heated up slightly with a hair dryer first ?

Oh well, race shell now…

😀

mini-g
      Participant
      Quote:
      Looks like I’ve stuffed up applying the decals on my m03 shell, got air bubbles, rips and wrinkles… It’s quite hard applying the front headlights on without any wrinkles for some strange reason. There’s got to be a special technique of some sort. Do they need to be heated up slightly with a hair dryer first ?

Oh well, race shell now…

😀

the hair drier does come in handy for this purpose, so yes.

TallduDe
      Participant

you could buy some more decals?

if you race that shell in 5mins it will look like shit 🙁

dgs73
      Participant
      Quote:

Oh well, race shell now…

😀

try applying with a MILDLY soapy warm water (not much), and work from one edge to the other, squeezing out liquid as you go. The soapy water helps the thing from grabbing straight away, so if it’s not in the right place you have a chance to move it. It evaporates out fairly quickly, but you’ll obviously have to wait longer before it’ll be ready to use. Dont heat them; it’ll make the glue even grippier… the water meothod is what we use to apply vinyl signage to glass, acrylic and other annoying surfaces, and i found it carried over to this application quite well. But TD is right; no matter how good you apply your decals, one good nights racing will see alot of them damaged anyway…:dead:

betty.k
      Participant

hey dgs, that’s a killer tip. you should write up a little tute on decal application, i know you gots skillz in that area:smiley2::8ball:

Edited by – betty.k on 11 March 2005 15:48:27

kevsta
      Participant

DGS, you’re a legend. Excellent tip ! Thanks for sharing.

You’ve just cut my decal applying time into half. Not only that, your methods do give time to adjust the decal to the right place before the glue kicks in.
      :):D

The finished product…

dgs73
      Participant

glad it all worked out for you, it looks pretty damn good. Cant wait to help rub some off again…:smiley2::D. Glad you and betty found my tips useful…:)

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:
      glad it all worked out for you, it looks pretty damn good. Cant wait to help rub some off again…:smiley2::D. Glad you and betty found my tips useful…:)

LOL, took it for a run on the street, hit a small tree branch and did four to five somersaults in the air before landing and sliding another 6 metres on the ground. It’s all scratched up and has a hole in the roof from impact.

Merc is absolutely right about these Tamiya shells, they’re very fragile ! Tamiya radials have turned to slicks…

Looks like I’ve got to get another shell soon…

Didn’t make it up to Castle hill on Friday night… Work colleague lent me 5 xbox games and I couldn’t control myself and had to play.

😀

TallduDe
      Participant

damn!

sorry to hear about the incident. my shell is not looking good no more but hey its for racing.

your right about those tires they arent that great.

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:
      damn!

sorry to hear about the incident. my shell is not looking good no more but hey its for racing.

your right about those tires they arent that great.

Yeah, I’m not fussed about it, don’t really have the space to put a lexan display shell, so basically just used it and had fun with it ! But it was good learning the ropes in how to paint/mask and decal them, so next time it should be easier.

Fitted the manta ray ball diff and hollow carbon gear shafts last night, you got to take half the car apart to do that ! Don’t think I want to adjust the ball diff now…

These cars are really fun…and very different to drive !

btw. I may not be going next week to Tempe racing due to royal easter show tickits that were bought for me…:evil: so you might want to charge up your own batts before race day.

mini-g
      Participant
      Quote:
      Quote:

LOL, took it for a run on the street, hit a small tree branch and did four to five somersaults in the air before landing and sliding another 6 metres on the ground. It’s all scratched up and has a hole in the roof from impact.

Merc is absolutely right about these Tamiya shells, they’re very fragile ! Tamiya radials have turned to slicks…

Looks like I’ve got to get another shell soon…

Didn’t make it up to Castle hill on Friday night… Work colleague lent me 5 xbox games and I couldn’t control myself and had to play.

😀

hey kev, you think slicks are bad!!!! mine has the foam coming through…..and after saying hello to a netball post the crack in my bod has become a hugh tear. got to love them though:D

dgs73
      Participant

lol those rears have more foam visible than rubber Dave!

mini-g
      Participant

and there was a guy racing his mini with tires like that the other week at the hill:shock:

merc-blue
      Participant

yeah get HPI x patten tyres and HPI 5 spoke rims and a frewer racing shell .. i hvae only ever broke 1 frewer shell from driving it under a 1:1 car LOL.. and the xpattens kick ass..

dgs73
      Participant
      Quote:
      and there was a guy racing his mini with tires like that the other week at the hill:shock:

that explains alot… he was all over the place…

TallduDe
      Participant

took my mini out for a run to wear down the batts (its been that long since i run them thatthey still had charge since 2 sundays ago!)

and all i got was smiles from people, everyone seems to love the mini!

big bonus is nothing is broken no rollovers but i did bold two tires.

bring on sunday, im ready for the track lol

dgs73
      Participant

yeah, i was thinking that double wide lanes using the Z track… should be perfect for the 1/10s… we’re talking 8 foot wide lanes here, with no doubt 4 cars… bring on Sunday!! And p**s off rain!!!

TallduDe
      Participant

yeah rain dont look good might ruin my free weekend!

i like your track idea dave should be good.

dgs73
      Participant

mate with this scale we can successfully use the carpark at Meadowbank if it rains… i’ll do the sweeping…:smiley2: plus, the pillars will give us an extra challenge…:D keeping my eye on the weatherwatch site, and Sunday (at the moment) is looking like it migt be clearing… but we’ll see. Fingers crossed eh?

peteWah
      Participant

with this scale you would be better of going to Jasco if it rains…!:smiley2:

peteWah
      Participant

More space is all:)

dgs73
      Participant
      Quote:
      with this scale you would be better of going to Jasco if it rains…!:smiley2:

that’s where i was talking about…:D hopefully there wont be any need though…

dgs73
      Participant

looks like it’s clearing up over this way… amy it stay that way for Sunday… though i think i may have spoken too soon…:smiley2:

minioned
      Participant

Hi, just bought new wheels and a body for my M03 mini… but, will these new wheels fit on it?

b7_1_b.jpg

Edited by – minioned on 05 April 2005 06:21:45

TallduDe
      Participant

yeah they will fit no problems.

minioned
      Participant

Thank god for that, Ive been trawlin google and because I noticed that the middle screw bit was different. I think these wheels look REALLY nice, if you want them, go on eBay, quite a few sets on there for cheap! Mine were less than ?10 for 4

Also… what tires would I need for them?

Edited by – minioned on 05 April 2005 07:44:44

bithed
      Participant

…any interest in these if i can get them?

lancerj.jpg

imp1j.jpg

…I will start another thread if you need more…

TallduDe
      Participant

hmmmmmmm

what other styles do you have acces to?

more interested in fewd bodies due to some clubs only allowing fwd bodies on ff cars.

bithed
      Participant

…These are M-03 chassis bodies though..3rd party, made locally here..I have never seen them else where though…

minioned
      Participant

I like them shells! How much for one (Subaru) to the UK :D?

peteWah
      Participant
      Quote:
      …These are M-03 chassis bodies though..3rd party, made locally here..I have never seen them else where though…

I was wondering why they were so squashed up, I guess its good to have something different…:smiley2:

I do like the Lancer:smiley2:

lancerj.jpg

Edited by – peteWah on 05 April 2005 18:41:17

minioned
      Participant

I remember seeing a body for this chassis of a Mini Estate, anybody know where I can get one? I saw one on eBay a while back

minioned
      Participant

Just been looking at the petrol tamiya mini… and the wheel bearings look different, will I have to get different wheel nuts to put the larger wheels on my electric one? Pic here: http://img154.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img154&image=582114pl.jpg

merc-blue
      Participant

minioned there are many different nitro minis.. the best is probly the HPI mini pro the eletric version i also very good.. remember guys there are alot of 1:12 shells around becasue xray and yokomo make 1:12 tourers..
      finaly later today (probly in lunch break im gonna post my m03 build up/hop up guide

mini-g
      Participant

no the wheel nuts are the same…gust the wheels make them look different.

BIG DAVE

merc-blue
      Participant

ok guys no pics yet but this is what the beast has
      Hollow carbon Gear Shafts
      TA03 Ball Diff
      Hardened Ball Diff Outdrives
      Tamiya Mini Universal drive shafts
      Stainless Steel suspension hinge pins
      Front Ti turnbuckles
      Tamiya TRF shocks
      alloy front uprights
      rear toe in uprights
      antiroll bar kit
      alloy motor mount
      and probly others i forgot :S
      of the lot the parts i recomend mostly are
      antiroll bars
      unis
      bearings (a given)
      ball diff
      trf shocks (or mini CVAs if ur cheap)
      rear toe in uprights
      front aloy uprights
      once u got that u got a good racer once u got more it just tweaks the car
      but seriously anti roll bars are arwsome ina mini make it really easy to adjust suspention and help stop it rolling the alloy uprights wont bend like all the stock ones do the ball diff just well.. it make quite a difference in ur steering and same with unis .. (never have understeer again) the rear toe in will keep the “twitchy” car stable (the mo3L is extreamly stable with this) and the trf shocks cause there oh so smooth and easy to adjust
      also running x pattern tyres (love em) and a cooper body (untill i can be bothered getting a bmw mini).. will edit and fix this up later with more indepth info

minioned
      Participant

so theyll DEFINANTELY fit yeh? Im really worried about them not fitting cos I love them!! I hacked the wheel arches off my old shell to see if I could make more room! Luckily Im getting a new one 😀

TallduDe
      Participant

hey merc found this site for m04’s

http://rcontario.com/rcorevms2004.html

can i ask what the universal drive shafts do?

merc-blue
      Participant

there bassicaly more efficent that the dogbones and also when ur steering is “full lock” they dont pinch like the dogbones do so it allows u to acctually use full lock.. also gotta trim ur EPA down with alloy uprights or u can tear up ur servo gears then u steer past the max the knuckle will allow

Edited by – merc-blue on 07 April 2005 11:46:16

TallduDe
      Participant

dude i know this might sound bad but bloody hell improve your typing skills i can bearly understand what your trying to say!

as for hop ups i got basically all that you have except the universal drive shafts. the mini handles fine have yet to race it.

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:
      dude i know this might sound bad but bloody hell improve your typing skills i can bearly understand what your trying to say!

as for hop ups i got basically all that you have except the universal drive shafts. the mini handles fine have yet to race it.

yi man gt da unis day r pritty good. no cliking noises wen turning.

TallduDe
      Participant
      Quote:
      Quote:

yi man gt da unis day r pritty good. no cliking noises wen turning.

ha ha kev :p

merc-blue
      Participant

shit yeah that one was exceptionaly bad wasnt it.. i’ll edit it

TallduDe
      Participant

thanks man now that makes sense.

i use a manta ray ball diff it seems okay. i got some hpi tires but have yet to run them.

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:
      thanks man now that makes sense.

i use a manta ray ball diff it seems okay. i got some hpi tires but have yet to run them.

I use the manta ray ball diff as well, but don’t really like it that much as even when the thing is tightened up, the diff action is still fairly loose. but hey, better than the gear diff.

TallduDe
      Participant

yeah i aint a great fan of it aswell…….

i wonder how the other type goes?

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:
      yeah i aint a great fan of it aswell…….

i wonder how the other type goes?

Yeah not sure if the ta03 ball diff is any better ? But I don’t think I’ll be getting the other one unless the existing one breaks.

I also got the shorten touring car springs, makes my m03 chassis sit with a 8mm ride height and finally the wheels don’t sit with positive camber.
      🙂

merc-blue
      Participant

TA03 ball diff is good tighten it up and it may aswell be a spool..

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:
      TA03 ball diff is good tighten it up and it may aswell be a spool..

That’s odd. The ta03 ball diff looks very similar to the manta ray ball diff where both diffs use those metal cones to apply pressure to the diff plates.

I think I’ve tightened the manta ray ball diff as much as it will go, but don’t want to tighten it any further for fear of stripping something. Although it doesn’t slip now, there is still plenty of easy diff action – but too much for my liking.

🙂

merc-blue
      Participant

nah the ta03 uses plates and has a race bearing (not sure is mantaray does)

mini-g
      Participant

both diffs are the same except the ta-03 has a thinner plastic gear. i put an extra shim in mine to lock it up as much as possible.

BIG DAVE

merc-blue
      Participant

ok.. well mini-g that depends cause there is a ta03 and a ta03R gear diff im runing the 03-r cause it lighter

mini-g
      Participant

yeah but the two ball diffs i am talking about are the same except the said gear. the 03 and 03r diffs are the same. just put an extra cone shim in the diff and do it up as tight as it will go. you feel a definate stop when the diff is fully tightened.

BIG DAVE

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:
      yeah but the two ball diffs i am talking about are the same except the said gear. the 03 and 03r diffs are the same. just put an extra cone shim in the diff and do it up as tight as it will go. you feel a definate stop when the diff is fully tightened.

BIG DAVE

Okay thanks for the tip Big Dave. Is the extra cone shim available at the hobby store as a tamiya spare parts bag or a good hardware store ?

TallduDe
      Participant

hmmmmm took my mini out for a spin today, notice it turns more tighter in one direction then the other!

might change my tires on sunday if i still get the same results looks like another rebuild of the diff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:
      hmmmmm took my mini out for a spin today, notice it turns more tighter in one direction then the other!

might change my tires on sunday if i still get the same results looks like another rebuild of the diff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don’t think its a diff problem. I think its more to do with the centering of the servo and the end point adjustments (epa) that you need to make on the 2pl controller.

TallduDe
      Participant

ahhh cool show us how to do it man on sunday it would be cool :smiley2:

minioned
      Participant

Anyone know where I can get the spotlights that are on Tamiya Monte Carlo Minis in some pictures?

merc-blue
      Participant

minioned if u can track down the tamiya monte carlo body/body parts set best bet is probly http://www.tamiyaclub.com but remember tamiya shells are WEAK and one crash and they look MESSED up

minioned
      Participant

Are there any other shells made by other companies that will fit on the M03 chassis? I dont really race mine, just play wiv it in the park so crashing doesnt happen that often 😀

mini-g
      Participant

yes frewer make a direct replacment.

BIG DAVE

minioned
      Participant

got a link to a pic of it and any idea of price 😀

merc-blue
      Participant

miniowned the frewer is a basic mini shell doesnt have all the fancy bits the montecarlo has its just a plain very bassic min and the would be really cheap over therew say 15ish pounds

minioned
      Participant

Ok, I’ll have a look around 😀 Thankyou

minioned
      Participant

http://img224.echo.cx/my.php?image=dscf59832tc.jpg

Mines done 😀 😀 What you think???

merc-blue
      Participant

thats hott..
      great job.
      PS. what wheels are they i picked up like 4 sets off a mate and hae NFI wat they are .. eg. brand?

minioned
      Participant

Theyre the standard Tamiya ones, they were black(reinforced) but I painted them white. Im quite happy with them, look look great 😀

PandaBear
      Participant

Reinforced black wheels can be soaked in acetone to dissolve the superglue (& paint!).

merc-blue
      Participant

ok guys i tracked down them comical bodys turns out there at RCmart the made by northcraft http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=421_438&products_id=11287 check it out

PandaBear
      Participant

They aren’t all that flash… TFTR fellas tried them out in 2003 I think. 🙂

minioned
      Participant

Does anyone have or know where I can get the decal sheet for the M03 Mini Cooper body?

merc-blue
      Participant
      merc-blue
      Participant

PS.. any one looking to get a mini.. PM me i might be selling my hoped up mini + spares + ESC+ batterys pretty cheap (wanna concentrate on my tourer)

Viewing 113 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.