Mini Coopers…

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • Author
      Impreza
      Participant

http://www.toyeast.com/proddetail2.asp?pdtid=AMINIH21

Anyone seen these yet? They do look nice, IMO:)

barto_85
      Participant

yeah they do look nice, nice price tag too!

Impreza
      Participant

Actually barto, the price isn’t that bad…US$

http://www.toyeast.com/proddetail2.asp?pdtid=AMINIH06

What I posted before was for a set of 20 I think?

Edited by – Impreza on 22 August 2003 15:53:48

micro_Amps
      Participant

I like the idea that they went for the old mini version not the new, and that there is so many different types.
      I think one will probably end up at my place eventually, bit of a mini fan.
      :)uA

Prowler3
      Participant

nice but i aint got 310us 2 spend on that!!!

micro_Amps
      Participant

I think that was for ALL of them, who would buy that many??

barto_85
      Participant

yeah, i’d get the green one with the black bonnet.

Impreza
      Participant

Prowler3 they are ~$15.50 USD each. I like what they have done with the wheels:)

Edited by – Impreza on 23 August 2003 03:41:01

z-beam
      Participant

go see your local toyworld, for $20 aus you can get a nice cooper or an evo in full ralliart paint job. nice five spoke rims too.

TallduDe
      Participant

i just ordered a mini it should be here next week. i hope they are good, they promise so much.

barto_85
      Participant

which one did you get?

DarkTari
      Participant

Mine should be here this week along with a few other goodies!!!!

TallduDe
      Participant

i ordered the mini monte carlo rally special and a union jack flag roof.

i have always loved minis since i saw the original italian job movie as a kid, yet to see the new movie. i heared its good.

DaveF
      Participant

I didn’t see one with a Union jack roof. The misus would love one of those. Damnit. Can you tell me which model# that one was please TallDude.

TallduDe
      Participant

its because the mini doesnt come standard with the union jack roof, you have to buy a roof for it. its because all the roofs are removable. appearently they are releasing roofs with other nations flags soon…. when that happens you can get an australian flag for it.

heres a link to toyeast for the union jack and other types of roofs.

http://www.toyeast.com/subcatlist2.asp?catid=1087

Edited by – TallduDe on 27 August 2003 18:44:20

DaveF
      Participant

Ah. Now I understand. Thanks man.
      How much did it all set you back in Aus dollars?

TallduDe
      Participant

well my order came to a total of 35 dollars yankie
      i orderedsome other stuff aswell. shipping cost me a further 20 dollars so all up cost me 85 dollars australian.

toyeast cost a heap for shipping but it is one of the fastest ones around and the shipments come double boxed so i guess you pay for it.

but still they really hit you hard in shipping.

Impreza
      Participant

TallduDe let us know quality etc.. when it comes in??? I will have to wait till early next month b4 I can order one:(

I find that if you order a bunch from toyeast the shipping doesn’t change much from when you only order a little.

DaveF
      Participant

Yeah. When I orderred from them I noticed that too. Maybe it’s the handling part of shipping and handling that costs the most. =o)

Well, I sent the wife the links to the roof, the cars, etc (as it’s for her,and she’s the one with the credit card), so we’ll see what turns up.

TallduDe
      Participant

cool

no problems ill give my 2cents worth on the this topic :smiley2:

TallduDe
      Participant

well i just got my mini in today!!!

first off the packaging is very good, it comes in a tin with lots of foam padding inside.

the body is very detailed and the roof can be removed so you can put other types of roof design on it. the body has a lot of cromed plastic on it for the bumper bars and grill.

the controller has a boost button on it and a switch which allows it to be on boost at all times. the controller chrages the car for at least 3minutes and the car has a run time of 10-15 minutes depending on how long you have it on boost for.

the boost feature in my opion is better then a tomy BCG booster, the boost only works when you press the forward and boost button.
      meaning that when you press the left, right or revrse buttons the car is off boost. it makes the car very controllerable and a a result it dont flip on it side even with a high rev’s motor in it.

also the car has some lights which only work when you press the forward or reverse buttons. after taking the body off to see the inside i saw that the lights are not like the perfection light sets at all. its more of a circut layout with two very small lights on a pcb on each side.

the car drives very well and it is easy to control and has a range of at least 10metres inside my house.

the bad points are….

the body is too short to fit on a BCG and needs work for it to fit on.
      the tires are very hard compound as a reult it does not turn as sharply as a BCG.
      the rear wheels are the same size as the BCG front wheels and the front of the minis wheels are even smaller!! so you cant change the front tires with any other tire compounds only the rear ones.
      the rear axels do not fit on a BCG or vice versa.

the good points

the lights are a great idea.
      the boost function makes this a very easy car to drive.
      it charges for a long tme providing a very long run time.
      the body detail is great and the wheels they use make it look more to scale then any other micro.

i like this car alot and its worth it to buy one in my opion, even if you dont like it after you buy one you can always use it for spare parts as it comes with a 200mah battery and the lights are very cool.

micro_Amps
      Participant

I got mine today too.
      Bloody hell Talldude, you’ve summed the mini up pretty well there. There’s nothing left for me to add….good reviewing.

One thing maybe, my steering spring is a bit soft, maybe I can stretch it and make the steering a little stiffer, thats the only other thing I can pick. I like them.

Impreza
      Participant

Thanks TallduDe, that is a great review.. Looks like I will have to add that to my micro wish list:). BTW u, which one did you end up getting?

micro_Amps
      Participant

Well it is originally a pommy car, so I thought if I am only going to get one of these minis, it may as well be a pommy colour as well. So i went for the BRG (British racing green). Looks good with the chrome too.

ph2t
      Participant

Sounds like this pcb will be ripped out and be chucked into a tomy chassis in no time…..

ph2t.

TallduDe
      Participant

well i got the monte carlo special mini

but….

i also bought the union jack roof design so im not going to put on the decals that came with the car. as my sister said leave like the austin powers car.

DaveF
      Participant

Cool.

barto_85
      Participant

has anyone taken any pics of their mini’s yet, I would love to see them, apart from the photo’s on toyeast.

Impreza
      Participant

Nice TallduDe, now you just need a little mini me to drive it;)

TallduDe
      Participant

has any Industries people out there fet moded one of these things yet????

would like to know how the boost function operates with this thing.

TeamBonzer
      Participant

If you want pics and videos go tho my site http://www.bonzergear.com and check out the section on RadioShack.

I went to HK two weeks ago and picked up a boxed set of 20 mini’s (plus some other bits and bobs). Met all the guys at Toyeast, great bunch and fun.:)

Already done some filming of the minis (lots of “night” shots to show off the lights – but not published yet – watch the site.

I agree with the reviews here. I have seen some other reviews on the US sites that weren’t in line with my experience. Other than a couple of cars having trouble with the left underside charging contact slipping and one controller that wont charge any cars – out of 20 thats not bad. They are great fun t5o drive, they really look to scale, they are funky.

All I can say about them is that I had some at the RadioShack show last week and had to stop racing them as everyone wanted to buy them rather than the ZipZaps – I could have sold thousands (but thats not the game I’m in – BonzerMats only at the moment)

Cheers

TeamBonzer

merc-blue
      Participant

hey i cn get tehm from 30 aus up the street n they look liike they fit a BCG ill check it out

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.