Mini-LST "must have" hop ups ?

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion Mini-LST "must have" hop ups ?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Hey guys,

I have my Mini-LST on the way. This will be my first venture into 1/18th independent suspension off-road. I was wondering what hop-ups you all would consider a must-have for a back yard basher. I will not be racing this guy, but I assure you it will see plenty of abuse bashing around my yard.

Anyone running li-po packs in these things ? What’s the max voltage I could safely run ? Suspension or handling upgrades ? Anything goes!

I appologize in advance for the noobish thread, but I’m interested in everyone’s opinions here!

Thanks !!!

J.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 2 months ago by Avatar photoAaron.
      BludyYank
      Participant

It was recently mentioned to me about running an 11.1V li-poly pack in a Mini-Inferno. Other hop-ups and/or upgrades to consider are some possibly obvious ones like sealed bearings, alloy gears, mounts and any part you might think would need the reinforcement.
      I have an Inferno ST on the way as well. I am going to give it a go stock and assess what upgrades beyond what I mentioned present themselves.

Admin
      Participant

Yeah, I’d love to do an 11.1 li-po pack. I have a bunch of Etec 700mAh 10C cells. I have not been able to determine if the stock mini-lst electronics can handle 11.1v or not. The stock batt pack is a 9v. I was thinking of using 4 Etec cells and making a 1400mAh 2s2p pack.

BludyYank
      Participant

I’d give it a go on that 2s2p just for grins. I am somewhat in a similar predicament with several li-poly packs originaly destined for Mini-Z/Xmod endeavors. I have but only one XMod ‘experiment’ that I will continue with and all the Mini-Z’s. I will maintain those packs for those projects.
      The Inferno has got me excited the most though because it is a scale class that Hobby Shoppes hold sanctioned series races for that I can compete in. In lieue of that, I have to be mindfull of what modifications I do make to remain within class spec.

betty.k
      Participant

that 11.1v half8 you’re thinking about might be ph2t’s one.
      he has a brushless motor in his. brushless motors are more at home with higher voltages.

brushed motors on the other hand don’t seem to last long at higher voltages.

just something to keep in mind:smiley2: :8ball:

BludyYank
      Participant

It was in fact ph2t who told me about that, and yes he stated the brushless motor. I should have clued in on that about the higher voltages. Thanks.
      :beer:

nismotuningrocks
      Participant

ok i bought a used one over the weekend get dish wheels the stockers break and get one extra set um i would get front a arms and cf chassis and whatever breaks mostly but the rims are the most important order them immediatly !!!!!!!!!

Admin
      Participant
      nismotuningrocks wrote:
      ok i bought a used one over the weekend get dish wheels the stockers break and get one extra set um i would get front a arms and cf chassis and whatever breaks mostly but the rims are the most important order them immediatly !!!!!!!!!

I have been looking into wheel/tire options. I understand that these will fit,

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMX91&P=0

and these tires, mmmmm…

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDU13&P=0

I have read though that I need a larger hex. Not sure yet which Hex and where to get it, or what else might be needed to run these. Extended axles ? Perhaps….

Still trying to decide.

On my list so far,

3racing aluminum shocks
      HR upper lower a-arms
      aftermarket CVD’s
      Wheel/tire combo
      Alloy motor heatsinks
      7.4v li-poly

J.

Admin
      Participant

So I got some stuff ordered yesterday,

3racing aluminum shocks and 30W oil
      Alloy motor sinks
      Minizilla alloy wheels w/ tires (hope these work, I’ve heard that they will)
      mini-t center ball diff
      topcad cvd’s (probably not the best but I was exceeding my current budget)
      xtra nut kit

Here are the rims and tires I grabbed:

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_info…oducts_id=14947
      Can anyone verify if those will bolt to the mini-lst using the stock hexes ?

I also put together the 2s2p lipo pack for it last night using the Etec 700mAh 10C cells. The fit of the pack is absolutely perfect. I would say it is ideal for the size and shape of the battery tray on the mini-lst. I’ll have to take some shots of it so you guys can see. The performance from the Etecs puts the TL 1100mAh NIMH pack to shame. It’s so much more fun to drive, and still very controllable. I definately forsee a brushless setup for this truck at some point. First I will beef up the driveline and suspension a bit at a time.

J.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.