Mini RC boats

Home Forums Floating & Flying – Discussion Mini RC boats

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      perriscope
      Participant

I just received my mini rc boats bought it from ebay from america, I got two sent out.

It worked out to be $70Aud for both including postage it took two weeks to arrive.

the boats are slower than I expected, and they are completely encased!! you can t open them up like a bit char-g and make mods, So for me that just meant getting the dremal out!!hee hee

If it ain t broke pull it apart and find out what makes it go ;o)

So yeah these boats aren t very fast dual batt mod is a must!! anyone got other ideas about how to make them faster, A larger prop?? think I might vist local hobby store for some better props ;o)

I would give a link to the person i bought them from for all of you to do the same knowing he is a safe buyer, but he sent two boats with the same frequency :O(. he advertised you will receive boats of different frequency so you can race your freinds. NOT HAPPY JAN!! I can t race my friends :O( but they really aren t that fast anyhows . . . well not yet hee hee

SurfmyStrat
      Participant

umm, whats the size on those things??? whats the controller like, whats the steering like???

perriscope
      Participant

It would be easier if i had a digi cam but I don’t.

The controler is way smaller than bit char-g controller. the button controls are like driving a mini rc tank. left prop forward and reverse. right prop forward and reverse.

thus you can make extremely tight turns, their doesn’t seem to be any calibration for steering either on the boats, and i noticed on my one it over a long distance it does turn a little left :O(.

perriscope
      Participant

ohhh yeah

the size is 1/64 scale so they measure 13cm long and 4cm wide, pretty small awesome if ya gotta pool, just have to make them faster!!

barto_85
      Participant

has anyone got photos of these things?

leonli17
      Participant
      barto_85
      Participant

ahh, they’re pretty small. do they have a motor similar to BCG motors, it would have to be bigger to power them through the water. how big are the motors?

GT-ahh
      Participant

I saw these for around $20us somewhere….

perriscope
      Participant

yeah,

you can pick them up on ebay as low as $12US ea but its the postage to aussie that is the killer. Better off buying in bulk hence why i bought 2 at same time. I bought mine $28US for 2 i.e 14US ea, + postage. So you can see it doesn’t take much to increase the unit price and den it costing you $35 AUD ea ;o).

Racer9
      Participant

Put puchi electronics in it and kick some serious arse man! Oh yeah use 4.2 perfection motor and ore batts.

GT-ahh
      Participant

puchi electronics seems abit of a waste for a tub tanker

perriscope
      Participant

GT

Quote:
      puchi electronics seems abit of a waste for a tub tanker

I think these little fella’s have great potential for racing in pool or pond ;o). just like the bit char-g cars they can be modded to your hearts content. puchi electronics is not a bad idea in my mind but it will be a later than sooner mod for me.

Still waiting for batteries to turn up from http://www.batterieswholesale.com.au grrrrrr nearly three weeks!!!

Barto

Quote:
      ahh, they’re pretty small. do they have a motor similar to BCG motors, it would have to be bigger to power them through the water. how big are the motors?

The motors are exactly the same size as the BCG motors the only difference is that the end caps has two wires attached instead of contacts for power. The motors are direct drive to the propellors.

BTW, I have ordered a few extra’s from america this time round, I don’t think they are available for retail in aussie. I was going to put them on ebay soon (once arrived), but if ur interested I can sell before listing, cost $40ea or two for $70 :smiley2:, frequencies can be either be 27Mhz or 49Mhz you choose. send me a PM if interested.

perriscope
      Participant

YAY!!

Got email from battrieswholesale.com.au, they are sorry for dely in shipping time and are going to give me extra cells in compensation.

My boats will soon have a quad mod

Racer9
      Participant

then use motorworks motors the best motors avalable in the US and they are from clones! Since puchis use servo make it use a rudder!:approve:

Racer9
      Participant

then use motorworks motors the best motors avalable in the US and they are from clones! Since puchis use servo make it use a rudder!:approve:

trash
      Participant

You do know that you can get mini RC subs now
      too ? They’re about twice the size of the boats, but mainly to carry the ballast needed to submerge them.

I’ll have some pictures of them in a few weeks
      if somebody doesn’t put them up before then.

peedee
      Participant

you can get a movie of that sub i think i know the one your talkin about ill try to find the site

jazza_1984
      Participant

bit charg oz, (http://www.bitchargoz.tk) sell these mini boats, i think that they are $40 australian, thats what i got mine for anyway. They are great fun i got two of them and i race them around my fish tank hehe, (note – 6 foot fish tank)

lol

Admin
      Participant

jazza_1984
      umm…http://www.bitchargoz.tk dont sell them, check their site…nuthin

jazza_1984
      Participant

i was talking to them the other day they said they have just got them in havent updated the site yet they were just giving them a go or something so that they knew what they were like i guess they will be up in the coming week :question:

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Stuff that, i am gonna build my own boat.

Hull will be balsa.

mechanics will be bit char-g, with mosfet mod, 3 cells and a perfection 3.8/4.2 motor.

merc-blue
      Participant

im bout to get one form toyeast the 2nd generation just came out

trash
      Participant

Ah… OK, I now have some of these boats. I haven’t had much of a chance to play with them yet, let alone open them up. The controls are the same as the micro tanks. The one I tested in my hotel bath tub worked ok, and it was the worst of the batch. The others I haven’t tested yet, they are a different brand from the ones mentioned in this thread, otherwise they are pretty much the same. The hull looks like it was moulded in the same factory, but the deck is completely different. the controls and charger are also different, but still use the same basic tank controller functions. They have two motors.

BUT …. I have seen the REAL authentic Char-G boats. They have a single motor, a servo controlled rudder and a twin hull. They are the same length and width as a char-G car, but the hull is deep.. about 1-1/4 times deeper than the
      boat is wide. It gives them that squished look.
      The motor is also pitched down at an angle of about 20 degrees, so the boat gets some lift from the motor itself. Unfortunately I didn’t buy the one I saw, I figure there will be plenty of them about in a few weeks and the price will drop dramatically.

There is also a Char-G submarine. Yes Ihave one,
      I couldn’t resist. It was so awesome I had to have it.
      The sub is the same design as I mentioned before, but it is MUCH smaller, about 5cm long and 3cm wide. It has a white LED on the nose as a headlight, and two yellow running lights on front, and port and starboard red/green led’s on the stern. The propulsion is two outboard motors pitched to provide downward and forward thrust.

The RC transmitter is ‘full size’ 2ch joystick control. I have a bit plane which uses the same controller.

…sorry to tease you all, but you’ll have to wait 20 more days to see the pics and video of it.

😀

Racer9
      Participant

I have seen them all except the boat which sounds cool!

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.