Mini-Review : Auldey Tin Car

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

There must be a billion types of knock of available in Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia right now. Prices start at below $10 AuD. I bought 3 minis, an audi TT and a cheaper Chevy. We had the most fun with the minis – they’re so cool. It’s great to get a bunch of people around and race them in the backyard.

Of course the pigeon english stickers had to go. But other than that, absolutely brilliant fun for around $10 or $20 each. We’ve had the kids thrash heck out of them, they’ve been dropped repeatedly on the brick courtyard back home in New Zealand and so far we’ve only had one casualty. Sadly one of my original minis got dropped and I’ve never been able to figure out what’s wrong with it.

Oh, the only other gripe, some of the cheapies don’t have the frequencies printed on the cans – and if they do, they’re usually wrong. I find more often than not, they’re 27mhz.

Maybe we should start a collection and review of knock-offs for fans of the genre?

Nick.

Admin
      Participant

Are these the same size as BitGs????

Admin
      Participant

No sir, we’re talking the next size up. Roughly the same scale as Kyosho Mini-Zs. They’re plam-sized as opposed to micros. Pretty close to 1:35 scale I think?

Get a bunch. They’re cheap, they’re fun and the mods are endless.

Nick

Admin
      Participant

gee these are beatutiful !! 🙂

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.