Mini-z arrived today! Whoo!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I got an MR-02 (G ZOX NSX) and an Xmod in the mail today.

Had a lot of fun pulling the Xmod apart (fitting the 4wd) and tinkering with it. Performance is pretty much what I expected (average), but still more than enough for tearing around my apartment. Suprised by how noisy the car is, expecially with the 4wd fitted. Overall, worth the $ (just).

And the Z. The G ZOX shell is incredible.
      I ve only spent about 20 minutes driving it, mostly driving in circles and being amazed by how smooth it all is. I noticed a couple of tiny glitches when driving over certain parts of the floor – hoping this is caused by power cables or something under the floor – and not the car.
      Overall, worth twice what it cost.

YEP I m happy :D:D:D

Participant

sweet man, yeah the xmod is loud but i used dgs73 xmod and it aint dat bad to be honest.

i really didnt notice that its not fully propotional. or maybe im too used to using bits?

what shell xmod did you get? also what type of Z

Participant

Xmod: Acura RSX w/ body kit
      Mini-Z: G’ZOX Honda NSX with that insane chrome finish

I’ve ordered a Cerumo Supra for the Z, which will only go on once I’m off my L plates.

The steering on the Xmod seems ok once you drive it around for a while – and forget what the Z is like :p

Participant

yeh i got both x mod and mini z …. and there both fun … i dont like the mini-z cause its to expensive to be able to chop up were as a xmod is cheap enough…

Participant

I totally ripped apart the xmod yesterday (just to see what was going on) – installed the bearings and the steering/suspension ‘upgrade’. I think I have more fun taking it apart than driving it.

I didn’t pay much attention to the turning circle before I put in the 4wd – but it’s HUGE now. Is this normal?

I’ve put the Kyosho back in it’s box while I exorcise my “let’s see how it works” demons 👿

Edited by – Kerosene on 26 April 2004 01:46:02

Participant

Yup, a 20 foot radius is normal with the AWD upgrade :p. Putting the ‘rear’ diff in the front helps.

Participant

kero. u can replace a resistor or 2 in PCB to make ur turn much tighter. have a lookaround other forms i think i saw it in tinyrc.com

Participant

I never tested my Xmod before putting in the awd, due to the parts showing up before the kit. Installed bearings and awd at the same time (about two hours or so… much easier to do a Z’s bearings), but the turning circle now they’re both in is roughly 35cm (slightly smaller when turning left, at about 20-25cm.)

Participant

btw, Talldude; Xmods are fully proportional, but they have less (a lot less) steps of acceleration and steering than a Z.

Participant

yeah the xmod was alrite man, handled well, but it did feel slightly ruff compared to a Z and it was louder by far. kinda reminded me of a cheap rc toy, like a race tin sound.

but the body styles are nice and if you mod it i bet you could get some nice 4 wheel drift happening.

Participant

and take the fun outta drifting my GTR? Nah. It would’nt drift like that beastie anyway… Would like to mod a Xmod shell to fit a Z though, everyone seems to be doing the reverse of this in the States (Z shells modded to fit Xmods), thinking the Acura would look awesome on a Z. May do it after this track is finished.

Participant

dgs73, 35cm? I must have put mine back together wrong cause it needs about a metre to turn.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.