Mini-z can t go straight!!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Tim
      Participant

I was sort of drag racing with Kevesta, Talldude and Geo z today when i noticed my Plasma dash z can t go straight and keep spinning out!!
      Why does this happen?
      I tried all the best on my remoted to adjust the car so i can run straight but still i bloody can t and because of the uncontrollable z i keep losing to x-speed motor z s!:angry:

merc-blue
      Participant

try to accelerate abit slower or better tyres for the conditions you are racing in.. if its spinning out it becasue you are turning to hard 2 fast and accelerating to hard… mini-z are pretty heavy for the amount of surface area they have in contact with teh ground so around corners they are easy to spin and because they is no weight behind the motor they spin when accelerating lots aswell

kevsta
      Participant

My z’s handling was pretty good at first because the tyres were brand new, but after a while as they wore in I seemed to be getting the same problems. An ever so slight turn of the wheel, would cause the car to spin out and in circles.

Did you adjust your diff to allow for some slight slippage ?

I found that what worked for me at home on tiled floors didn’t fair to well when driving full throttle on smooth surfaced netball courts.

😀

merc-blue
      Participant

yeh u can only push as hard as ur tyres will hold you onto the ground for.. if ur racing (probly fine ashfalt or fine crapet) then run foamies and u will have no problems with spins

ph2t
      Participant

yeah, I noticed this at the 1/10 track we went to recently. everyone was sporting foams……..

merc-blue
      Participant

yeh they are great for fine rought surfaces.. that was templestow right casue there got that fine ashphalt i was talking about and that really fine carpet like office carpet it aslo good surface for foamies

Tim
      Participant

So what kind of tyres are best for smooth netball courts?

dgs73
      Participant

Tim; try foams (need a set?:smiley2:), or if you can get your hands on a set of 10 degree tires, they grip like no-body’s business but being so soft they’ll only last a couple of runs (less with the ‘Dash!!!) See my reply in the Sydney race day forum too, I have listed a couple of things that may help…:D

Tim
      Participant

Yeah i got a get a set of tyres at the back but can’t remember what they are.. pretty soft to me, check them out this sunday for me.. but how much does it cost for one set?

dgs73
      Participant

we’ll sort something out if you’re interested

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.