Mini-Z Club in Melbourne

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • Author
      ken_wyleung
      Participant

Hello All,

This is my first time in this forums, How are you all?

And I like to know how many of you are playing Mini-Z in Melbourne?

Thank you.:D

This is our home page: http://au.geocities.com/mrcz_miniz/
      And this is some latest Mini-Z news in Japan hobby show. http://park6.wakwak.com/~ros-speed/miniz/event/hobbyshow04/hobbyshow04.html

betty.k
      Participant

hiya ken!:smiley2: welcome to tha hood! we actually had a meet up today with some mini z’s and other electric toys at a track in templestowe. i’m expecting an i waver soon and i know there are at least 4 of us keen to start up a regular melbourne 1:28 race scene. so keep an eye out for the next one, likely to be soon considering how much fun we had today without even really having a race!:p hope to see you there:8ball:

ken_wyleung
      Participant

Hello betty.k,

Do you payed for the iWaver, if no, please don’t buy it, because I have one iWaver. And I find it has some problem as follow:

1. The VR, 1st Servo Gear, Servo Box, Servo motor is bigger than Kyosho, so you can not use Kyosho single part to replace it. Or, you have to replace hold servo. (it is very easy to bread)

2 The font knuckle can not fit with Ball Bearing. So you have to using Kyosho Knuckle or 3rd Party Knuckle for Ball Bearing.

3 The PCB is not same as Kyosho one (hold board design), so we can not put Mini-Z FET on it.

Only one thing is good, it works with 3PK, MJ and 2PL.:D

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Only one thing is good, it works with 3PK, MJ and 2PL.:D

what you mean?

3PK is FM, MJ & 2PL is AM. MiniZ is AM 27Mhz.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

3PK is thatbig fat one with the Rear mounted LCD, right?

leonli17
      Participant

mmm…like what panda said, i thought MiniZ’s reciever is only in 27mhz form?
      And yes we got quite a few people playing MiniZs and I know the moorabin miniZ track. As for the new track, that’s pretty good consider it’s in a garage. in bullen it’s not that far for most of us.
      But how far is it from TFRT? Can u post the track’s address(oops, it’s ur address too)? Or u can just PM me the address and time that we can actully play cars there. Thanks

Edited by – leonli17 on 16 May 2004 01:41:49

merc-blue
      Participant

there arent just mini z there are other 1:24s around aswell

ken_wyleung
      Participant

Futaba 3PK, KO EX10 and Sawan M8 have AM Module for Mini-Z

Edited by – ken_wyleung on 16 May 2004 17:34:56

Edited by – ken_wyleung on 16 May 2004 22:55:02

merc-blue
      Participant

there are also mini-x and xmods and stuff

ken_wyleung
      Participant

Hi Leonli17,

Please send me email, and I mail you my address, OK?
      ken_wyleung@hotmail.com

Thank you.

ken_wyleung
      Participant

I do not have Mini-X and XMODS, but I think XMODS is much better than Mini-X. And I also interest about XMOD.

ken_wyleung
      Participant
      Quote:
      mmm…like what panda said, i thought MiniZ’s reciever is only in 27mhz form?
      And yes we got quite a few people playing MiniZs and I know the moorabin miniZ track. As for the new track, that’s pretty good consider it’s in a garage. in bullen it’s not that far for most of us.
      But how far is it from TFRT? Can u post the track’s address(oops, it’s ur address too)? Or u can just PM me the address and time that we can actully play cars there. Thanks

Edited by – leonli17 on 16 May 2004 01:41:49

The new location is Ringwood..:smiley2:
      And we race every Saturday afternoon.:smiley16:

ph2t
      Participant

how many race at ringwood? what’s the track setup?

leonli17
      Participant

Nice! Ringwood, can u give us the address for the Ringwood Track?

ken_wyleung
      Participant
      Quote:
      how many race at ringwood? what’s the track setup?

We do race on every Saturday afternoon, and we have Stock class, Open class and F-1 class. Every class have 3 races per week and 8 weeks per season. It is welcome to everyone joy.:D

Our track is not big, which is in a single garage, on the carpet with the lap system. If you like to have a look the photo, please go to http://au.geocities.com/mrcz_miniz/

Thank you.:D

ph2t
      Participant

how many people attend these meets?

this track looks cool:

is it this track at the ringwood meets?

cheers,

ph2t.

Edited by – ph2t on 16 May 2004 23:28:10

ken_wyleung
      Participant
      Quote:
      how many people attend these meets?

this track looks cool:

is it this track at the ringwood meets?

cheers,

ph2t.

Edited by – ph2t on 16 May 2004 23:28:10

It is around 3 to 4 people play at Saturday. And it can up to 6 -7 cars in one race.
      Yes, this size in Ringwood and it is good for 1:28 RC:smiley16:

Edited by – ken_wyleung on 17 May 2004 11:46:49

whtang
      Participant

Howdy to all the Melbourne folks out there…

I landed my AWD miniZ.. I used to go to the miniZ tracks in Mongkok, Hong Kong when the miniZ’s first came out while I was working over there.. now I’m itching for a track…

is there anything happening in the miniZ here in Melbourne at the moment? I saw the templestowe track mentioned a few times.. I’m assuming its the TFTR… never been there though.

Cheers,
      Wing

ph2t
      Participant

G’day! We used to goto tftr a bit, it’s concrete though so it’s pretty rough on the z’s. We could take it though! lol….. As for ma-010, you really need a nice, flat track.

I just went to clarke rubber today and spent $180 on foam and assorted bits ‘n pieces. I’ll let you decide what I’m doing with it……. 🙂

betty.k
      Participant

i’ve heard templestowe has been resurfaced and is even smoother now:smiley16: :8ball:

whtang
      Participant

yer.. concrete isn’t nice to the Z’s…. but now that you mention clark rubber I think i’ll have to pay them a visit too! I never thought of that place to get foam.. ppl were talking about cutting up those yoga mats.. :p

kevsta
      Participant

I don’t believe there are any mini-z clubs like the hong kong ones here in Australia. Everyone prefers to race 1:10 it seems. 🙁

Most of the members here simply make their own tracks using either the clark rubber mats, or supacheap auto mats, or running on smooth concrete garage floors. Gather a few friends together and have a casual race.

ken_wyleung
      Participant

It was exist….
      We setup the track for business, and copied from Hong Kong; but as you said most Aus like 1:10 and start up cost is higher than 1:10. Finially we close the track.
      http://au.geocities.com/mrcz_miniz/
      enjoy…..

Admin
      Participant

Hi
      there is actually a track in Box Hill for Iwaver and Mini-Z, its much better than using the templestowe 1:10 track.

Hi
      there is a track for Mini-Z/ Iwaver in Box Hill, address is 757 Station St, Box Hill. If you want to call, phone is 0404865789 …. the track openned last month

Hi
      there is a track in Box Hill for Iwaver/ Mini-Z. It just openned last month. Address is 757 Station St, Box Hill. For enquiry, phone is 0404865789

PandaBear
      Participant

haha hi there “Best Toy”, welcome back to ausmicro 🙂

ken_wyleung
      Participant

Thank you BOSS!
      it is a very nice track for Mini-RC in Melbourne. Its takes the Mini-RC player into RACER!:smiley14:
      I can see the lap system, cafe and heater, it is not only a track, it is a CLUB HOUSE!
      Here is some nice photo…..
      Don’t miss it…!

757 Station St, Box Hill

dgs73
      Participant

looks like a road trip is in order over the Christmas period… can anyone tell me how the timing system works? Transponder? Hows it attach to the ch***is if so? Keen to find out more, but will still head down in Dec. or Jan…

ken_wyleung
      Participant

Can modelcarmonster tell us more about the track please?

And I think it is a good place to connect Melbourne’s players for big fun too….

dgs73
      Participant

now a group of us Sydney nuts are doing the trek down… about four of us, its looking at the mo… cant wait

kevsta
      Participant

If I lived in Melbourne, I’d be hanging around that place like a disgusting egg fart in a lift.

whtang
      Participant

so what happened to the roadtrip guys?
      Easter is coming up.. 🙂

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.