Mini-Z Colones

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      ImportCarRacer310
      Participant

Hey whats better, a Iwaver or a LXX mini-z clone? and plz tell me where can i get one?

ImportCarRacer310
      Participant

srry for the double post* and can the Iwaver use regular mini-z hop ups? (like clear chasis and turbos)cuz i know they can use mr-01 hop ups

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

The I waver is basically 90% plug and play with mini Z parts.

As far as I know every part in the I waver is compatible with the mini Z except the servo gears, somebody correct me if i am wrong.

TallduDe
      Participant

the lxx and iwaver are basically the same, just the lxx was 1st generation and the iwaver is second generation and comes with a clear controller.

nearly all parts fits except the servo gears.

Super Max Power
      Participant

The answer to your final question is – you can get one from

http://www.toyeast.com/

ph2t
      Participant

Servo gears do fit! I put an iwaver servo gear into my mr01. Don’t ask why! argh…..

ph2t.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

That clear Tx is super cool.

dgs73
      Participant

ph2t; we had the reverse issue the other week, by that I mean mini Z gears do not fit in the Iwaver servo box. After afew attempts by afew members at the Meadowbank meet it was deemed impossible. Do you find there’s abit of play between the gears? Curious…

Geo-Z
      Participant

the iwaver has a slightly bigger Potentiometer in the servo box….by ‘bigger’ I mean the that metallic, protruding knob centered on the pot. This knob is the one that connects with the first servo gear in a tube-esque alignment. THe other two servo gears are interchangeable with z ones….

In short, one of the servo gears is designed for the iwaver pot, which is bigger. Try as I did, you cannot forcibly squeeze a Kyosho gear of the same type into the iwaver pot. perhaps if you found some way of making it bigger, but the gears are so damn small.

betty.k
      Participant

so if i replace the servo gears and the pot then all is well? the gears move freely otherwise?:8ball:

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.