mini-z crash stories

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      jimmy
      Participant

post about your crashes hear:gatlin:

klims
      Participant

was thrashing my mr02 around at the local factories when i smacked into one of the reflectors in the road at full speed(~40km/h). got about 1m air. it was such a fluke. if i tried to i don’t think id be able to do it again. completely mangled the alloy steering knuckles and deformed the chassis.

jimmy
      Participant

i drive my mr01 on carpet one day i decided to put books under it for jummping :thumbs_down: i whent ful throtle and the pklate was tweaked abit so i mised the landing zone of pillows compleatly 😮 whent 45* nose first into the ground whipping the back down and breaking the h plate:beer:

klims
      Participant

thats such a weak story mate. have you broken any h-plates in a head on collision? now thats when you know it was serious

ph2t
      Participant

my lipo powered mini-z monster ran out of track at TFTR (templestowe track) and got air, went through the bushes and stopped a few meters short of a major road….*whew*

klims
      Participant

i’ve been to that track, thats some massive air! did the car go out of range or something? for some reason my lipo powered 02 went out of range on that track heading in the opposite direction down the straight… plowed straight into the wood barrier. not a pretty sight.

TallduDe
      Participant

had a nelly turboed mr01 when i was at the netboard courts we had heaps of stacks.

had a few head on when a h-plate broke and body cracks.

but my biggest stack was when i was going full speed on the courts and i hit a tiny rock which caused my car to skip and when it landed it went straight into a netball pole.

it bounched back at least 2meters and the front end was wrecked steering totally fucked body cracked. i remember that it landed on it roof the wheels were spining.

i wasnt tooo peeveed off was an excuse to buy a newer car.

betty.k
      Participant

i’ve had a few nasty ones, broken chassis’, knuckles etc. nothing worth mentioning apart from a templestowe meet where i managed to demolish a full set of gpm alloy servo gears!

but the best i’ve seen was jamie kulhanek’s mega-fetstacked 01 slamming headfirst into a barrier at templestowe doing about 50 – 60kph! the crash was bad enough to tear off superglued foam tyres and bend an aluminium bulkhead!:smiley11: :8ball:

jimmy
      Participant

talldude
      are they the courts near nightcliff high school
      u live in darwin right

TallduDe
      Participant

@jimmy 227088 wrote:

talldude
      are they the courts near nightcliff high school
      u live in darwin right

Nope the courts i was talking about were in sydney a few years back.

but i know what your talking about.

jimmy
      Participant

wat motor does jamie kulhanek’s mr01 have in the pic
      6 cells can u do that to a z

betty.k
      Participant

@jimmy 227105 wrote:

wat motor does jamie kulhanek’s mr01 have in the pic
      6 cells can u do that to a z

it was a plasma dash i think. i personally wouldn’t run a z on 6 cells but it’s possible. :8ball:

dgs73
      Participant

@TallduDe 227079 wrote:

had a nelly turboed mr01 when i was at the netboard courts we had heaps of stacks.

had a few head on when a h-plate broke and body cracks.

but my biggest stack was when i was going full speed on the courts and i hit a tiny rock which caused my car to skip and when it landed it went straight into a netball pole.

it bounched back at least 2meters and the front end was wrecked steering totally fucked body cracked. i remember that it landed on it roof the wheels were spining.

i wasnt tooo peeveed off was an excuse to buy a newer car.

ah, Meadowbank park eh? Those netball courts have taken their toll on more than a few Zs… here’s one for ya guys… big stack but no damage. Netball courts again, fetted and Plasma Dash-ed 01 Z, hit a TINY rock at about 60k, air, cartwheel cartwheel cartwheel into the tire of a nearby parked 4×4, which sent it bounching back into the only puddle in the carpark. But that was nothing… odd. Was able to drive away… TD; remember GeoZ and his turbo-ed VW 01, and the ill-fated dusk speed run? Hard to see those drainage dips in that (lack of) light, but even harder to avoid em if you cant see em… That, guys, needed a dust pan and brush if it was to be cleaned up… suffice to say nothing was salvagable off his car… it simply disintergrated…

Dangerous Dave
      Participant

have hit kerbs hard enough to crack my Firelap McLaren body back to the A pillar (they are tough bodies..). Other than several H plates, these things are pretty durable considering the excessive speeds we run them at.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.