Mini-z guide on building a club.. good read

Home Forums Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods and other Mini-Scale Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods – Discussion Mini-z guide on building a club.. good read

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      icebreaka
      Participant

Hey..

heres a guide on starting up an rc club..

http://mini-zracing.com/blog/_archives/2004/9/27/150246.html

Sunday racers might wana take a look :smiley16: …

dgs73
      Participant

interesting… but we already have an r/c club… nothing too big, just a tight group of us having fun. I dont think we planned to go to the number of people that they’ve got (400?!?! I’ll race more than once a day, thanks), but the track is done (and about to double in size; Roe – can you give me a buzz this evening…), and costs are neglegable. Which makes me think; if we did go to the extent of this (clearly American – all they left out was the price of the rcp track and where to order it…), the cost of everybody running and every other little thing, I think (KNOW) half of our little group of Zers would give it away. Our motto; keep it simple, fun, and cheap(ish). This way anyway, we could have little factions here and there (West Sydney v.s Nth Beaches race, etc.)

TallduDe
      Participant

yeah 400 sounds a bit tooo big.

plus any more then 6 or 7 on a track usually causes damage! lol

simple is the best way to go.

i guess the only step for us now is a timing and lap counting set up with transponders and such. but that is a mega investment!

peteWah
      Participant

6-7 would be fine on this track if the lanes were just that little bit bigger…:smiley2:
      Other than that, Roe’s a champ for picking all the stuff and footing the cost for the first installment of the track saga :smiley2:

Cheers Bro

icebreaka
      Participant

any pics of the track? :shy:

MiniKing
      Participant

Yeah I think the size of club is cool and any more than 6/7 cars on the track with its current width would not not be a race rather a demolition derby….but i suppose once it doubles in size we could see up to 10 of us on the track at the same time which would be awsome….were also starting nite races maybe a thursday or friday nite we havent decided yet for now me and roe go Fridays after work….we got the perfect place for nite racing. im sure roe will post picks of the track soon icebreaka.
      :D:D:D:D

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.