Mini-Z Monster Parts

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Dracer07
      Participant

I am thinking of buying the Mini-Z Monster Limited Edition chrome version from rcmart.com . And it comes with a Xspeed motor, Ball Bearings, Oil Filled Shocks, Spring Set, Blue Nylon Nuts, and Chrome Accessories. I was wondering what parts i need to replace with alloy parts that are bound to break.

dgs73
      Participant

damper stays dont seem to be available in alloy yet, give it time. There are replacement damper stays (stronger than the stock ones; maybe these better ones are on the chrome version) but the parts I suggest are; s/s kingpins and suspension pins, the two 5.8mm ball joints underneath, and if you’e goig to drive it real hard (is there any other way?!), then replace the 4.8 ball joints too… these last seem to be more of a precautionary measure though.

betty.k
      Participant

i know from what i’ve seen that the front damper mount is the part that breaks most often. that’s with heavy abuse though, jumps onto concrete is probably not what it’s designed for:8ball:

dgs73
      Participant

you’d think they’d sort these little problems out before the kit makes it to the shelf… it was an oversight, but has since been sorted…

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

Well, they are intended for indoors. It would take years to break anything if you stayed inside. Outside though…

dgs73
      Participant

matey my damper stay DID break indoors… this weekend will be the first big outdoor treck for it, wont be jumping it though. Well, wont be jumping it too high…:D

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

Jumping off a closet doesn’t really count :p

merc-blue
      Participant

i had a huge track set up in my house for my Z it was like the grand tour of my house.. hehehehe

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.