mini-z or palmracer

Home Forums General Chat mini-z or palmracer

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

kyosho make the mini-z and palmracer… whats the difference?

they look very similar to me…

except one is MUCH cheaper that the other!!!

Admin
      Participant

The other is a toy, 5km/h top speed 🙂

Admin
      Participant

but I read on kyosho.co.uk that they have the same size motor…. so if the palmracer is a “toy” with the same motor then it must have a hell of a lot of torque!

the site states the both have a “? Powerful 130 Class motor “

Admin
      Participant

Mini Zs come with a proper radio. The palm racers have a cheapie (remember a decent radio&gear will set you back $200 alone).

Mini Zs have fully proportional steering. Palm racers have your standard on/off steering like tincan cars or Char Gs.

Mini Zs have better suspension and handling and there are many upgrades available.

The two can share bodies so if you just want to sit it on the shelf and only use it chase the cat occasionally, you could do worse than a Palm racer (but to be honest, you may as well get a $10 tincan car). If you want to use it a bit, get a Mini Z. You’ll eventually want to fiddle with it and upgrade it.

The price difference is significant – here in Singapore a palm racer is about $70 and Mini Z’s nearly $200. But if money’s an issue, try to find a 2nd hand Mini Z rather than a Palm racer.

The beautifully made F1s only come as Mini-Zs.

Also, check out epoch racers, and if you’re short on racing space, Tomy Bit Char Gs are just the bomb. You can have a whole bunch with spares for the price of one Mini-Z.

My 2 cents.

Nick.

Admin
      Participant

Oh, nearly forgot, the difference in speed and runtime is due to the fact that the Mini Z has 4 AAA batteries, the Palm racer only has 2.

There’s a Mini Z forum here if you look at the index – it has a small but loyal following.

Nick.

Admin
      Participant

thanx! 😀

i think the char-g are “the bomb” too 🙂 but the mini-z and palm racers look so cool…

apon further reading the palmracers also share the wheels and tires of the mini-z… so ya can put the cool aluminium wheels on 🙂

Admin
      Participant

btw….

any MGB GT fans out there? 😉

Admin
      Participant

And remember you can get Mini-Z from a mere AUD210.00 at the moment through ausmicro.com!

Admin
      Participant

yup, and I still have to convince my GF that $210 on a toy car is a wise investment :p

Admin
      Participant

Oh wow! dwhall – where did you find that!? I used to have a red MGBGT 69 with wires and knock of spleens. I’d love a little body like that – I’d have to paint it red but.

I’m waiting for some more interesting covers including a Mini. I don’t think I have the modeling skills to make them myself.

Nick.

Admin
      Participant

right click the picture and go to properties to find the address where I yoinked it from…

it was posted to a forum so you might be able to contact the person who made it 🙂

Admin
      Participant

Ahhh, I’ve been to this site before but it’s been a while and they’ve added a bunch of new stuff. These guys are great – they’re absolutely mad – and crazy about Char Gs too – I reckon they’d be a laugh to meet. I loved their annual Starwars GrandPrix and some of the body mods they’ve done are outstanding. It’s just a pity the whole things in Japanese! I also like the propulsion lab idea – very cool.

Nick

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.