mini Z racer???

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

why isnt anyone into the mini z racers?? because of the price or performance or what…..??

also i do not have a mini R/C as of yet but i want 1 as soon as i can get my greasy hands on 1….. how do you buy of aaron over the net?? i do not have a c/card?? can he sell in person?? also can he get AE86’s like the one in initial D?? or my favourite the famous RX-7???

pls w/bak asap

Admin
      Participant

Aaron and Derek arent selling anymore well they are technically through a company called trading direct, if you want something like that your best bet would be ebay, you dont have to have a credit card you can probably do it via cashiers check

Admin
      Participant

http://www.mini-zracer.com is the site about mini-z’s it’s forums, parts shop, etc. ONLY about mini-z’s and it has alot of topics, and members:smiley2:

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Drift_Tiger on 08November2002

why isnt anyone into the mini z racers?? because of the price or performance or what…..??

It really depends on where you are… certainly MiniZ racing is big in some parts Oz, but not that active in others. Internationally, its huge in Hong Kong.

For an organiser, its easier to have stock races with a box stock MiniZ for beginners. With the HPI Micro RS4, its a lot less likely that all cars are built equal with the same gear.

Trouble with these baby cars are – the fans are all racing each other in their doublegarages, so its a lot less visible than screaming your nitro down the suburban street.

There’s a huge heap of bodies available for MiniZ, certainly the AE86 and RX7 are available as standard shells. (KittyKat… where are yoo??) Not hard to decal one up in the right tofu livery if you have some modelling skills.

Admin
      Participant

i dont think the proformance of the mini z’s are up to par. there in the same class as the abc hobby pocket racer dtm sp the brp super car 18. there all mini 2 wheel drive cars the bes is the brp racer 18 what is the fastest mini car to date. it some stock with foam tires that are trued. its very easy to recover when you start goin sideways and outta the box has a top speed of 21mph with a 4 cell pack and 26mph with a 6 cell. but dont get me wrong im thinging of buying a mini z but im gonna dump about $300 in hop up parts right when i but itthe full option chassy looks like it could be a good comp. only thing is it dosent recover easy when you put it sideways. and the ball diff on the brp is much smoother than the mini z and it has the biggest diff balls i ever seen. bigger than schumacher diff balls.

the abc pocket racer is another 1 that has trued foam tires made cheeoer than the brp but theres alot of hop ups like carbon fiber chassy ect.

only reason im not sold on the mini z is the electronics are really cheep. i like the outher cars becouse they use standard electronics. and if i can find a carbonfiber or titanum chassy i will pick 1 up that day. the chassy just dosent say rc car is screams k mart r c car. on the outher hand the mini z f1 looks really goodand is 2mph faster than the mini z and is 1.11 oz lighter but it has the same problem that the mini z’s are knowen for the back tires brake loose in turns on a high grip surface and the rear end tends to hop on a tight turn at high speeds. the mini z also has alot of chassy bounce . but thats onl a stock mini z i havent got behind the wheel of a hoped up mini z. i’ll test drive 1 thats ben totaly hoped up on tues. and tell you how it dus but from what my firend tells me its a really nice car when its set up for that track. but im not a really big fan of plastic thats why my micro rs4 has the complet hard core racing titanum chassy. try http://www.racinghardcore.com and check to see if they have any parts yet. some times they sell fully hoped up cars that they used to show there parts for cheep.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.