Mini Z racing in Sydney is starting again…

Home Forums Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods and other Mini-Scale Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods – Discussion Mini Z racing in Sydney is starting again…

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      dgs73
      Participant

ok, so you’ve raced this track before… but not like this!!! MIMIMUM 12x6ft, 900mm lanes, changeable layouts… those of you familiar with it, prepare for a shock!!! btw, changed addy again so those of you who’re in text/call me for new address…
      Dave

dgs73
      Participant

or pm if you dont have my number and are in Sydney… btw, keen to set up racing for micro RS4, anyone in Syd. still got one? Lets have a rap…

kevsta
      Participant

Where are you at and how many racers ? 😀

Renton
      Participant

I would love to have a race

only problem is my skills as a driver are, how do I put it, pretty darn rubbish.

I guess there is only one way to learn yeah?

You guys racing 2.4 or the usual ?

dgs73
      Participant

hey Kev… long time no hear!! Still in West Ryde, track in the garage… anything up to 6, the usual suspects, but more would be cool… Renton; we’re only so-so drivers ourselves, especially once a couple of bevvies have been downed… nah, we still run the older electronics. Going to look into 2.4ghz for the 010 in the near future… higher on my list is an amb style transponder and timing system for this track… just gotta locate one…

kevsta
      Participant

Hey DGS,

Let us know when you’re next organising a large group race. I haven’t run my cars for a couple of years now, they’ve been shelved. Hopefully they still work…:)

Renton
      Participant

Im in for next race meet. Might even supply some beers 🙂 its all tactics.

Yeah im looking to go all out on some 2.4 action after christmas. Id say I will hang onto my current MA010 and just start from scratch on another. Always good to have a spare, so I tell myself.

mmmm I best do a rebuild, clean and grab a couple of spare parts I be needing…..oh and grab the esky by the sounds of it 🙂

dgs73
      Participant

Renton; you can never have enough spares, i say… haha… or eskies. How does the beginning of December or maybe early January sound(or both!!!), most likely we’ll have some time off work around then (some off the more unlucky amongst us have three months off over the Christmas period… did i say unlucky?? That should read STOKED), so plenty of time to wear out lots of Z tires… Kev; will do. Will PM you my # closer to the event… d

Admin
      Participant

Mockys back, under a new user name 🙂 I’ve just blown the cobwebs off the 02 and itching for some track-action.

dgs73
      Participant

****!! Mocky?!! long time no hear mate!!! yea, tracks in the garage, bring it on!!! Got a 2.4ghz LeMans 02 that could do with some breaking in!!!! bring it on! time to rally up the troops…

Admin
      Participant

Woot, undercover track FTW. Maybe we could start tracks on the first weekend of 09 so we can let the NYE party’rs dry out and the rest to do equipment check.

dgs73
      Participant

now there’s a good idea… gimme a call then…

Renton
      Participant

i be needing a new chassis first. high speed into my dining room chair and it wasnt to pretty 🙁

Admin
      Participant

It’s not all bad news, you have a reason to get a new toy now 😀
      Just to get the word out, how is every one looking for Z racing at DGS’ track on the first weekend of 2009?

kevsta
      Participant

First weekend is not good for me. I’m organising lan games with a few mates.

Has anyone noticed the ‘financial crisis’ prices on mini-z gear at the moment. eg. Autoscale bodies at around $60 aud delivered.

Not a good time to buy in my opinion.

dgs73
      Participant

renton; ouchies… avoid ebay my friend, our dollar’s pretty grim
      mock; too easy, i’ll be here, as will Pete, Mini G, possibly J. Might even throw the g.f. a car… good for a giggle…
      Kev; no worries, any weekend is all good…
      anyone seen T.D. in a while?? Will try and raise him too…

kevsta
      Participant

I think TD wrote in another thread saying that he has relocated up to Darwin.

dgs73
      Participant

bummer. He was a good racer.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.