Mini Z RC Car clubs in Melbourne ?

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • Author
      micro_Amps
      Participant

Well, after seeing the topic about the Sydney guys, is there anywhere in Melbourne that runs/races MiniZs, or other froms of small RC cars?
      :)uA

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

There is clubs in melbourne, just go to The hobby place or hearnes hobbies and ask them.

PandaBear
      Participant

There was some mob in Clayton or Bentleigh somewhere… dunno if they’re still active.

leonli17
      Participant

There is a place down at Moorabin. I forgot the address. Check on the yellow pages. i’ll try to find the addres if i can.

micro_Amps
      Participant

Ok, great, some details would be good,
      🙂 uA

betty.k
      Participant

i met a guy who has a cousin that new someone with a brother into it somewhere and they meet up sometime or other!:D:8ball:

micro_Amps
      Participant

Fantastic, thanks BK, just the kind of specifics I was looking for.

betty.k
      Participant

no sweats brudda!:D just trying to highlight the fact that there’s no point saying “i think so” in your posts. if you know, post. if you don’t then don’t post, wait until you’re sure:8ball:

leonli17
      Participant

uA; r u gonna move into MiniZ now?

micro_Amps
      Participant

Gotta say I’m interested.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Ill bet $100 you will fall head over hels once that baby comes out of the box. I did, just so much more fun than bits (sorry guys).

I dont know how long im gonna play with r/c’s anymore, 1/1 cars are slowly taking over.

Micro, you love modifying, and the mini Z mod list is neverending.

Edited by – jamiekulhanek on 20 February 2004 14:05:46

micro_Amps
      Participant

Got a few ideas already JK, but the bits will always be right up there.

Keymaster

Jamie, you’ll spend a stack of cash on your 1:1 but you’ll always come back to R/C becuase it does something 1:1 rarely ever does, and that is give you complete free-form entertainment.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

^—Doh… Me gotta stop posting as admin …

It’s ruining my post count….

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

PandaBear
      Participant

No roadtax, no registration fees, no tolls, no speeding tickets, no $1/litre petrol, no ripoff by mechanics, no need for hoists & jacks, no risk of the engine falling off and crushing the ribcage, no panel beating, no bleeding brakes, no fixing fuel pumps, no rebuilding starter motors, no rust, no clutch adjustment, no carb equalising, no filter & oilchange, no grease nipples to be lubed, no flushing radiators, no aircon gas to leak out, no engine mounts to perish, no leaking fuel lines, no adjusting tappets, no reaming valve guides, no decoking the carbon buildup, no gapping of spark plugs, no checking of contact points, no throwing a big fat spark from the coil, no dead condensors, no wondering why water pumps fail, no idea why aircon compressor bearings fail prematurely, no idea why bird crap eats paint so effectively.

Nah, RC is no fun. :p

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Yeah i think i will have both, Formula One was my dream since i was like 4, but my parents saw it as a ‘silly childish thing that i will grow out of’, there is no chance of me getting into it anyway, you gotta have A1 skills and a rich ass family. Local club/drag racing is gonna be my aim, with a lovely black R32 GT-R…..But that is looking down the track a bit.

dgs73
      Participant

wack in some sign-posts along the way dude, sounds like a bloody long track… 😉
      ps. anyone seen the smilies? Noticed their absence since the site overhaul…

hype
      Participant

Someone asked about mini z racing a bit earlier…a few months back i’d heard of some serious competition in the inner city. I think it’s called “china town” I’m interested myself so i’ll be checking back here more future info…also I vaguely remember hearing something about moorabin also…again i’ll see what i can dig up about that one too.

By the way if we do meet up…my wrx is gonna eat whateva your running :p

ph2t
      Participant

hey hype, welcome to the boards dude. I’ve got a Mad Force coming my way and after I fet tha
      !$#@ it’s will kick your wrx’s arse! 🙂

ph2t.

leonli17
      Participant

ph2t: ur quad bit can beat some MiniZ’s for sure!!!

hype
      Participant

My ‘z is fully hopped…gotta love those alloy n grahite bits and pieces:D Only thing it’s lacking is some of those fets, I haev the external mod but haven’t fitted it yet. One thing I do have though not sure exactly where they go orwhat that fit but i have some micro shocks (threaded:question:) with yellow ball cups on the ends. Anyone have an idea on what these are off? I thought they might have been off a pathfinder but i’ve not seen another pair like them… also does anyone know of a fully detailed spares and hop-up site for the z’s?

Cheers
      Hype

Ps hope we can find some racing action for the z’s also….mines screaming for some food 😀

ph2t
      Participant
      micro_Amps
      Participant

I have my Z, yellow Enzo, MR-02 MM chassis.
      Stock right now….but not for long.
      :DuA

leonli17
      Participant

How much did u paid for that uA?

ph2t
      Participant
      Quote:
      I have my Z, yellow Enzo, MR-02 MM chassis.
      Stock right now….but not for long.
      :DuA

very nice man! when were you going to tell the rest of the crew about this little purchase hey?

ph2t.

hype
      Participant

Thanks for you help and info on that, so is a mini z meeting likely?!:D

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

What do you think of it micro_amps???

ph2t
      Participant
      Quote:
      Thanks for you help and info on that, so is a mini z meeting likely?!:D

It would be great if we could but I don’t know how many of us are there???????

ph2t.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

If its in the 2nd week of April ill probably come.

micro_Amps
      Participant
      Quote:
      when were you going to tell the rest of the crew about this little purchase hey?

Ph2t, I’ve got a few things on the go at the moment, unfortunately I am lacking the computer time to get online much.
      I have the Z now, (excellent!!) needs lots of hop ups though, and I have some other things in the wings as well.
      Epoch and Xmod mods being developed, as well as a ZipZap SE steering mod that fixes ALL of the 5 different types of ZZ steering circuits.

Hype, if you can find some details on the Z racing place, I’d be interested to know.

betty.k
      Participant

ooo, i’m interested in the zz se steering fix, it’s just too confusing trying to work out which board i have and which mod to do for me to attempt any fiddling at the moment:8ball:

micro_Amps
      Participant

Betty, I’ve pretty much got the SE steerin sussed now, I am doing steering fixes for people, just havent put it up on the website yet.
      They go very well once the steering is fixed up, and have about 5 or 6 increments of steering in each direction.
      Kinda getting off topic here.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

micro what do you think of the zed compared to Xmods?

micro_Amps
      Participant

X mods are nteresting, cheaper build than a Z, but still tonnes of fun.
      They are able to be fet modded in the same way as Zs, and take a 6 cell mod too. Easy to get 35kmh out of them, not too far away from stock.
      They both have some shotcomings, but dont they all.
      Both have loads of potential, but the Z is setup as a whole industry on its own with lots of hop-ups.
      Will be modding them both to the max, eventually.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Ive been wanting to get an XM, and build a rally car with lots of ride heigt and a Mini Z wrx rally body. The drifting ability apeals to me too.

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.