mini z servo madness

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      L337_krew
      Participant

hey i left my mini z collectin dust …den wen i went to play with it da steerin went crazy…da batteries are both full…can any1 help plz?

L337_krew
      Participant

problem solved….
      used:
      http://minizcanada.com/techtips.php
      helpful steerin tips dere too

betty.k
      Participant

i got the same issue with my iwaver, but it aint collecting dust. what do you do for mad twitching steering?:8ball:

L337_krew
      Participant

i used the paper trick… more details here…http://minizcanada.com/techtips.php
      still hear it tweek but not that much that the wheels go crazy

betty.k
      Participant

i tried that, and i’ve got fresh batts all round. jamie suggested adding capacitors to the servo motor like a drive motor. this is after all an i waver, but it was fine in the first few days:8ball:

TallduDe
      Participant

yeah i think the iwaver has a few faults in it dude, my one is ont responding a quater of the time and the soldering is shite.

i guess you get what you pay for ah well

L337_krew
      Participant

any1 know a different way to fix da servo? coz i dun da ‘paper trick’ and its still tweekin a lil bit

betty.k
      Participant

eeeyup!:approve: i hads me a breakthrough! i tried the paper, caps across the terminals, replaced the wires. but the problem was in the variable resistor in the servo. it musta got a little dirty cos after a little bit of teflon oil on the contact she’s steady as a rock again!:smiley16: i only used the oil as i don’t have any crc or wd40 around (sacriledge!!!!) if it stuffs up again i’ll use crc to flush it out. big thank you to ken for his invaluable help!:smiley2::8ball:

ken_wyleung
      Participant
      Quote:
      eeeyup!:approve: i hads me a breakthrough! i tried the paper, caps across the terminals, replaced the wires. but the problem was in the variable resistor in the servo. it musta got a little dirty cos after a little bit of teflon oil on the contact she’s steady as a rock again!:smiley16: i only used the oil as i don’t have any crc or wd40 around (sacriledge!!!!) if it stuffs up again i’ll use crc to flush it out. big thank you to ken for his invaluable help!:smiley2::8ball:

You are welcome, it’s work for me, and I hope work for you.:smiley2:

L337_krew
      Participant

wat resistor in the servo? mines all clean nuthin dirty…can anyone tell me how to fix this steerin twitching? for my miniZ

betty.k
      Participant

mine was clean too, it don’t take much to disturb the tiny contact point inside the variable resistor.

the servo consists of the motor, some gears and a variable resistor. that’s the thing with the wires attached to it that aint the motor. pull it out, remove the little cover to expose the track and dial part. CLEAN IT!! it might look clean, but trust me, some crc, wd40 or quality oil will clean it up. if that don’t work then the vr’s buggered and needs replacing or the wires have a hidden break.

basically this occurs because the vr is sending dodgy signals to the pcb so the motor thrashes around until it finds it’s “selected position”.:8ball:

Admin
      Participant

Might as well add the info here, instead of starting another thread..

I fixed the steering twitchin on an Iwaver 02m which got worse when i installed the spider turbo and the plasmatomic motor (too much drain)..

my fix: i soldered a 102 cap between the pos and neg on legs that the plug goes on for the servo.

solved my twitching problems for good, now shes controlable. 😀

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.