Mini-Z Varient Poll

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Super Max Power
      Participant

Look out everybody here comes my first poll. It is for purely selfish purposes. I am looking to buy my first Big Micro RC and am using a lifeline to ask the audience . Too many quotation marks , I feel like a latte and reading some beat poems now. Anyway, I am running the poll based on four criteria:

Favourite – Which do you play with the most?
      Best Value for Money – Dollars vs overall package.
      Performance Mods – Dollars vs aftermarket speed and handling modifications.
      Quality of Build – Nissan GTR or Datsun 120Y?

micro_Amps
      Participant

I cant vote on this one as I dont have a lot of experience in this scale, but I would be interested to see peoples’ opinions of the different models for when I do eventually get one of these.

:)uA

Super Max Power
      Participant

Well then, you can watch in anticipation with me.
      BTW thanks with your help on number 2.

Impreza
      Participant

I echo micro Amps on this one SMP. Although it is nice to see someone else running polls. Keep up the good work. Remember to post a summary in the articles section when you are done;)

bithed
      Participant

…Mini Z all the way baby 🙂

…Body-mods on the shells allow lots more options than Bits…FULLY moddable guts and WAY less fiddly than a Bit…

…budget wise not too bad and doable in little dribs and drabs…Overall a more realistic choice for those not really interested in taking the dive into 1/10 PLUS you can do ANYTHING with these bodies as BitHed will soon be showing ;)…Lexan sux 🙂

trash
      Participant

though call…
      I like mini-Z, mini-X performs better, and the HPI RS4 is better again, but damn expensive.

Others are cheaper, and a compremise.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable ….. pick two !

Super Max Power
      Participant

Would there be anything wrong with starting with a LXX mini-Z and pumping it up with aftermarket parts?
      I have also been chasing up how to get Xmod stuff into Australia – They told me they don’t export Xmods. I suggest to the person responding to my e-mail to personaly buy the bits I wanted and send them to me. They haven’t responded.
      Anyone got any Ideas?

VooDooMafia
      Participant

Really dude this all depends on what you want to spend and how much you will use it.

I like the epochs cause I can run it in the house.

The mini Z’s are nice, fast and have lots of hops ups.

The Xmods are gonna take over the market(USA) for the people that dont race all the time and dont wanna spend a bundle.

The LXX well if you can get them cheap (in your area) then go for it.

Its all up to what you are willing to do with the $$ and avalibility situation.

Its like asking someone if you should get the Civic/accord or prelude without letting us know what you wanna spend or plan on doing with the car.

Edited by – VooDooMafia on 07 November 2003 17:21:28

L337_krew
      Participant

i dunno much about da other ones but i know dat if u want fun u should buy a mini Z and never buy a palm runner if u want fun coz they arent any fun >=D

dgs73
      Participant

mini z, no probs… So much can be done with them. Like others say though, cost and frequency of use are major considering factors.
      No Xmods in Australia, eh?? You dont need a seppo mate to get one over here, ebay has one or two that are not restricting sales to “US residents only”.:smiley2:

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Some of the items in that poll you can’t compare.

But it seems the Mini Z is the favourite because it has so many aftermarket parts etc.

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

I have to give my brand spanking new LXX mini-z the biggest pair of thumbs up ever. Move over Char-g’s the king is dead, long live the king.

But seriously, I finally took the plunge a week ago and made a toyeast order, which included this luffly machine. 14 hours from when they posted it, it was in my hot little hands, but damn night fill got in the way, so I didn’t get to play with it until 20 min ago, and let me tell you it rocks my world.
      I have had tinracers and char-gs for the past year, a race-win for about 6 months, but this just obliterates them all.

BEST AU$45 (+postage) I have EVER spent (except that one night in Tejuana)

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.