mini-z with steering/servo prob… FOR SALE! SOLD.

Home Forums Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods and other Mini-Scale Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods – Technical mini-z with steering/servo prob… FOR SALE! SOLD.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      icebreaka
      Participant

Hi,

Got a problem with my mr01 (bought off merc-blue a while ago) ..
      Well, basically, when i drive it, coming out of a left turn, it seems to stick so that the car keeps turning left a bit when the steering wheel is already back to neutral.. when i turn the car upside down and turn left, then let go, the wheels dont go bak to the middle — its still point 1/4 left.. so obviously with this problem i can t drive it right..

Servo gears look ok, tie-rod is in properly.. so i can t realy figure out hte problem.. dun the paper trick as well so the pot isnt loose.. could it be a soldering problem? cos i had to resolder the wires a while back and i didnt do a good job..

Anyways suggestions needed please..

If i can t get it to work the way i want i might as well sell it as its been on the shelf for the past 2 months.. looking for $130 ono PLUS postage.. EDIT: Now $99.95 + postage ..
      – Mr01 . iwaver skyline body
      – Alloy motor mount
      – GPM Ball diff
      – Roll shock (not installed)
      – Bearings
      – Spare h-plates
      – spare tires
      – 2 spare but trashed bodies ( Mini[noclip] and trueno)
      – pinions
      – alloy wheel nuts
      – Ready to go jus need batts..

Anyone interested? I d rather sell than fix right now…
      😀

Edited by – icebreaka on 30 September 2004 00:52:06

Edited by – icebreaka on 22 October 2004 13:12:33

Edited by – icebreaka on 22 October 2004 13:16:27

Edited by – icebreaka on 22 October 2004 13:49:45

icebreaka
      Participant

here are sum pics..

So SeXy:

IMGA0411.jpg

Under the bonnet:

IMGA0412.jpg

Edited by – icebreaka on 29 September 2004 21:45:40

peteWah
      Participant

So has this sold yet, Looks to me to be a bargin… bar its steering issues this is a good deal if i have some money in 5 weeks and its still around can i get it Ice man:smiley2:

peteWah
      Participant

Its a big ask i know 5 weeks to anyone is a long time JTAI OK:smiley2:

icebreaka
      Participant

lol yeh its still here and not steering right.. 🙁
      but yeh it’d be a good car if you can get dgs to check up over it or sumfin.. merc told me to send it down to him but i cant be bothered so i’ll jus sell it .. 😀

kevsta
      Participant

Ice Man – what are you reading ? Some romance novel or something ? :D:D:D

Was the steering always like that, or only after a hard impact with something ?

Edited by – kevsta on 30 September 2004 14:46:57

icebreaka
      Participant

LoL .. umm analysis of coleridge poems for English .. hehehe

umm well … wen i got merc’s mini-z, one front wheel was broken and it didnt have bearings nor alloy wheel nuts.. and it did have that problem, but i thought it was cos it didnt have that stuff.. but i added all that in.. and it still has the problem.. it might have sumfin to do with the solder joints to the servo pot, but i cant be bothered to fix it.. (bad at soldering) ..

betty.k
      Participant

my guess is that the servo pot is on the way out. generally, if you check everything mechanical and it’s not right replace the wires. if that won’t fix it then it’s the servo pot. if it still won’t work right then i got no idea, probably a voodoo curse or similar!:D:8ball:

Edited by – betty.k on 30 September 2004 17:03:12

icebreaka
      Participant

lol replacing the wires will need soldering blackeye:
      if thats ur idea, then maybe its the solder joints cos they came loose and i soldered them back pretty poorly..

cant be bothered changing the servo pot, too expensive..

peteWah
      Participant

It belonged to Merc is the problem, So it must be R/C
      Try it with a different Controler:smiley2:Dave told me to suggest that:):smiley2:

dgs73
      Participant

merc; pots are cheap as, can rush you one if you need… quick and easy(ish) to solder as well. And try Pete’s suggestion; it fixed two of my Z’s problems…

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

it’s icebreaka dave….

betty.k
      Participant

icebreaka, don’t be discouraged about soldering, you get better the more you do it. fiddle around with old dead pcb’s, practice removing parts and replacing them. even go down to the local dick smith or similar and buy a kit of some sort. they’re easy to do and excellent for developing soldering skills.

buy a soldering iron with a fine tip, some solder, desoldering braid and an old sponge to wipe the tip with and you’re set. trust me, it’s very liberating once you get the hang of it:8ball:

chino
      Participant

it might be your potentiometer on ur servo. i fixed many Zs thas had tha same problem. its alwas 1 of 2, servo gears,or potentiometer. once ina while i get a board thas jus gone crazy. then i jus stick an iwaver board in it. easy fix haha.

peteWah
      Participant

Are you sure about you fix…

icebreaka
      Participant

hmm well i tried my other controller … had to turn the trim all the way to the right i think.. and it was JUST going straight after that…. now what does that mean?

icebreaka
      Participant

Alright i can’t be bothered to keep this one anymore.. Selling for $99.95 😉 PLUS postage with above mentioned problems..

Might cost money and skill to get it running right 😀 as u can see in my sig, i’ve spent about $165 on this car..

Edited by – icebreaka on 22 October 2004 13:03:32

peteWah
      Participant

Im in i told you a while back i wanted it…
      Its up to you now, If you can wait a week and a half or so you wont be dissapointed:smiley2:

icebreaka
      Participant

lol.. ok you got it then … I might be able to jus give it to yah at meadowbank if ur buyin it in 2 weeks.. so $100 then! .. I’ll sort out all the parts tonight..

SOLD to the star wars guy!

peteWah
      Participant

The starwars guy, I like that_Thanks mate…
      May the force be with you :smiley2:

icebreaka
      Participant

jus thought i’d post a pic..

16F8408B16F7088A.jpg

thats what u get pete.
      Edited by – icebreaka on 22 October 2004 14:42:59

Edited by – icebreaka on 22 October 2004 14:43:43

merc-blue
      Participant

man it never had a poroblem with the pot i had isues till i packed the pot out with a paper shim then it was cool again

icebreaka
      Participant

well its petewah’s problem now 😀

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.