Mod help: 4 point 4×4 suspension

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Waz up all, Im a newbie to this site, but not to the hobby.

Im have trouble on everything in this mod from Quest For Maddness . This mod is #28 4 point 4×4 suspension.
      Ive got the BMX bike axles, substitute for micro springs, set of wierd stomper truck wheels/tires, set of Hot Wheel Monster Jam wheels/tires.
      Im going to get the 2.56mm machine screws soon. I don t know what they mean by “spacers”, so I don t have “spacers”.

First and main problem: The wheels, I am having trouble getting the BMX axle in the wheels, I ve got one to work.
      Second Problem: The rear wheels, I am stuck on how to do what it says about tearing apart the axle and gluing it back on.

Any help would be appreciated,
      USNS R/C

GT-ahh
      Participant

spacers are just bits of plastic or washers used to select the desired height…
      if the bmx axle will not go throught the wheels they need to be drilled out and to attach the rear wheels you need to fabricate a longer rear axle…

http://gtahh.web1000.com/
      custom shells, mods and tips

Admin
      Participant

Thanks for the help,

-I’ll look around and see what I could use for a spacer.
      -That would be one small hole in the tires, since you said something about drilling a hole in it, I looked at the drill bits and guess to be about a 1/16 size bit.
      -making a longer rear axle is really confusing, but I’ll look futher into it to see if I missed anything.

One more question for now: It wanted me to drill a hole in the heat sink to connect to the guide roller. Would I use a 1/16 drill bit on that? It said to use micro machine screw and nut, I hope thats in a hardware store….

Im going to do some looking futher into this to see if I have missed out on some detail. Thanks again, I appeciate the help.
      USNS R/C

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.